Advice if anyone needs it dvla medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi All,

I've been following all the posts frequently for the past few weeks as I have my medical next Friday. As you can imagine - sleepless nights, pacing round the house at 3am, this hurts...

Anyway, forgetting it's a CDT test now, I stupidly asked my doctor to test for Gamma, MCV & ALT, not CDT, my results came back as this yesterday:

Gamma: 29
MCV: 92
ALT: 20

I've probably had 2 beers in the last 2 weeks (2 pints of Carlsberg normal), and one heavy session of 2 bottles of wine 3 weeks ago. What are my chances with the CDT next week. The usual, I'm not hiding behind a mask, I'm a typical 28 year old male - probably 3 or 4 cans in total Monday - Fri (one a day averaged out), then the heavy one once a week on a Friday night... Although I've calmed down since 3 weeks ago, and taking these Milk Thistle tablets which will probably have no effect on the CDT!! I started smoking cigs again 2 weeks ago due to the stress (I know I shouldn't, but the stress got too much).

I guess I'm bothered as I have an offer of a company car in the balance if i get my license, plus the opportunity to see my son again every weekend as we're seperated 50 miles apart so 3 changes to and from every 2 weekends just to see him hurts :-(

Anyone rate my chances? Will indeed keep updating after my medical next Friday and there after as this board has been ever so useful for me, and I feel for the people aswell in my situation...

Many thanks,
Art.

Something I forgot to add - I had to goto A&E in June after consuming too much alcohol on a nightout - my doctor has phoned me and confirmed it's on my notes and the hospital have put in the notes 'admitted due to intoxication & smoking cannabis'

I wasn't smoking cannabis that night, i had my drink spiked - anyyyyway - is it best to declare this or not at the medical? Any urgent advice would be great as I'm worried they contact your GP regardless nowadays :-S

If I don't declare it, but they write to my GP and he states the above - what happens then?

Many thanks,

Something I forgot to add - I had to goto A&E in June after consuming too much alcohol on a nightout - my doctor has phoned me and confirmed it's on my notes and the hospital have put in the notes 'admitted due to intoxication & smoking cannabis'

I wasn't smoking cannabis that night, i had my drink spiked - anyyyyway - is it best to declare this or not at the medical? Any urgent advice would be great as I'm worried they contact your GP regardless nowadays :-S

If I don't declare it, but they write to my GP and he states the above - what happens then?

Many thanks,

They will not be testing for weed unless you give them need too, from what you have said your CDT level should be fine. I detoxed for two weeks but my kit was not there.. so i attended two funeral and went out for the weekend and did drink rather a lot, I then had six days of abstaining water, and milk thistle tablets. I had my blood test the results are with DVLA within a few days... mine was 0.5 near enough a none drinker?? which i drink most weekends. The CDT test is looking for people who abuse alcohol there should be more information available as it is scaring normal social drinking people.

They do not contact your GP unless they need to as it will be costing them £40.00 per time, so unless you have a high CDT reading or you declare something on your declare on your medical.

They will not be testing for weed unless you give them need too, from what you have said your CDT level should be fine. I detoxed for two weeks but my kit was not there.. so i attended two funeral and went out for the weekend and did drink rather a lot, I then had six days of abstaining water, and milk thistle tablets. I had my blood test the results are with DVLA within a few days... mine was 0.5 near enough a none drinker?? which i drink most weekends. The CDT test is looking for people who abuse alcohol there should be more information available as it is scaring normal social drinking people.

They do not contact your GP unless they need to as it will be costing them £40.00 per time, so unless you have a high CDT reading or you declare something on your declare on your medical.

Thanks lucky13 - that's put me at ease abit. Only ever had accident or anything which was June this year of all months! Don't touch drugs anyway, so nothing there if they did test anywho! I'm a social drinker , but it is even to scare me haha! I think back to every Friday night over the 6 months when I've been up the pub :-S. Luckily that's the only time i do get drunk though!

I'm saying though if I declare i've not had an accident etc on my form at the Medical involving me going to hospital on my form, but they do write to my doctor for some unforeseen reason, would the DVLA punish me further for not declaring the hospital visit in June? Again, my drink was spiked, and this is noted on the hospital notes also... That's the only bit i'm worried about.

Thanks lucky13 - that's put me at ease abit. Only ever had accident or anything which was June this year of all months! Don't touch drugs anyway, so nothing there if they did test anywho! I'm a social drinker , but it is even to scare me haha! I think back to every Friday night over the 6 months when I've been up the pub :-S. Luckily that's the only time i do get drunk though!

I'm saying though if I declare i've not had an accident etc on my form at the Medical involving me going to hospital on my form, but they do write to my doctor for some unforeseen reason, would the DVLA punish me further for not declaring the hospital visit in June? Again, my drink was spiked, and this is noted on the hospital notes also... That's the only bit i'm worried about.

This is something no one has posted about so no information can be given ... Maybe someone who has had their medical records looked at could answer this for us ? I am still waiting for my license .. The only thing I can say is we have paid for our so called "crime" as I have been slated on here for taking my case to crown court and won. Keep us updated as this site helps people like you and I.

This is something no one has posted about so no information can be given ... Maybe someone who has had their medical records looked at could answer this for us ? I am still waiting for my license .. The only thing I can say is we have paid for our so called "crime" as I have been slated on here for taking my case to crown court and won. Keep us updated as this site helps people like you and I.

so called "crime"

Drink driving IS a crime. You clearly still dont realise that.

I have been slated on here for taking my case to crown court

You were not 'slated' for taking your case to crown court to appeal your sentence which everyone has the right to do. You were 'slated' for showing a lack of remorse, bragging about it and continuing to state that you had no choice but to drink drive in the first place which gives a very poor message to others.

and won

A win would imply to others that you were found not guilty, this is false. You won a reduced disqualification period and community order but you still received a disqualification period and a community order so not exactly a win, you were still convicted.

I don't see that your continued slating of me is helping anyone. Thanks for the input it has been noted, and duly dismissed.

I don't see that your continued slating of me is helping anyone.

I am correcting you not 'slating' you.

Making posts such as your last one that are incorrect or misleading is certainly of no help to anyone.

As I have said before if I am wrong with anything please correct me.

My 2 pence worth is: The franchise doctor back in August of this year does not ask you about accidents, "they use to" But did not on my recent medical and I have had 8 medicals in the past 15 years. I have not read the most recent questionnaires that DVLA send out after completing the D1 form. My last "D1" form was sent back last October 2012 and DVLA have still not made a decision on me yet. I will need to send another one in soon. My advice is that the more honest you are, the more they will dig into your past. Tell them nothing. The only important bit is the actual medical and the result of the blood test.

Posters like Ukboxer know nothing about the medical system at all , many of DVLA medical branch employees appear not to be medically qualified either and just pass the buck.

Oh and if you read Ukboxers posts, he will state that I am a habitual drink driver. I have not been convicted for a drink drive offence in the past 8 years yet the pr1ck still thinks I am a habitual drink driver. Actually people like him make me sick and give no hope to others who are trying to make amends.

If you want any more info, do not hesitate to ask.

My 2 pence worth is: The franchise doctor back in August of this year does not ask you about accidents, "they use to" But did not on my recent medical and I have had 8 medicals in the past 15 years. I have not read the most recent questionnaires that DVLA send out after completing the D1 form. My last "D1" form was sent back last October 2012 and DVLA have still not made a decision on me yet. I will need to send another one in soon. My advice is that the more honest you are, the more they will dig into your past. Tell them nothing. The only important bit is the actual medical and the result of the blood test.

Posters like Ukboxer know nothing about the medical system at all , many of DVLA medical branch employees appear not to be medically qualified either and just pass the buck.

Oh and if you read Ukboxers posts, he will state that I am a habitual drink driver. I have not been convicted for a drink drive offence in the past 8 years yet the pr1ck still thinks I am a habitual drink driver. Actually people like him make me sick and give no hope to others who are trying to make amends.

You are right, I dont know anything about the medical system which is why I have made no comments related to it.

If anyone would like to read my posts please do so, I welcome any comments relating to them good or bad.

You may not have been convicted for a drink driving offence in 8 years but:

How many drink driving convictions do you have?

Have you driven whilst drunk within the last 8 years and not been caught?

I suspect you have more than one drink driving offence and I also suspect that you have driven whilst drunk within the last 8 years dispite not being caught. If I am wrong please correct me I will apologise for assuming you are a habitual drink driver, I have no problem with that.

I will always commend and respect people who have made a mistake and wish to make amends so please dont speak for me, that is the second time you have done so and the second time I have had to correct you. Most of the posts on here in the first line the person admits they were stupid and I think that is a brave thing to do, as you say, everyone makes mistakes and deserves to be helped by people who have been through the same thing.

However the views expressed by you and lucky13 dont seem to recognise the fact that drink driving is a very serious offence which could lead to the death of an innocent road user. Neither one of you give that message across when confronted.

lucky13 certainly isnt trying to make amends by insisting that her decision to drink drive was the correct one. You too are certainly are not making amends by agreeing with her decision to drink drive and stating that you would have plead not guilty. Is finding any excuse to find drink driving acceptable making amends?

What does making amends mean to you exactly?

Although im not bothered, If you dont agree with something I say or an opinion I have then lets discuss it. Resorting to name calling or weird 'senarios' (although I am not bothered in the slightest) is a little pointless and shows you cannot offer any constructive reply. If you wish to start a new thread to discuss anything further with me that is fine.

To be honest I am just surprised by your comments as you have been through the ordeal of being arrested and court etc which I should imagine is a terrible experience and I would have thought that the message from you would have consisted of condeming the act of drink driving 100% as you know from the front line the consequences the person faces.

That is obviously aside from helping them with the process which is a completely different matter. Do you understand what I mean?

You are right, I dont know anything about the medical system which is why I have made no comments related to it.

If anyone would like to read my posts please do so, I welcome any comments relating to them good or bad.

How many drink driving convictions do you have

More than one but all are now spent convictions, some were not even criminal offences at the time.

Not to my knowledge but I have driven after lunch the night after I have had a session. I would like to believe that after the education I have received, most of the alcohol I had consumed the day before would of left my system.

I suspect you have more than one drink driving offence and I also suspect that you have driven whilst drunk within the last 8 years dispite not being caught. If I am wrong please correct me I will apologise for assuming you are a habitual drink driver, I have no problem with that.

Answered as above.

I will always commend and respect people who have made a mistake and wish to make amends so please dont speak for me, that is the second time you have done so and the second time I have had to correct you. Most of the posts on here in the first line the person admits they were stupid and I think that is a brave thing to do, as you say, everyone makes mistakes and deserves to be helped by people who have been through the same thing.

​I apologise for jumping the gun. I also have the utmost respect for anyone who admits they were stupid and show remorse.

However the views expressed by you and lucky13 dont seem to recognise the fact that drink driving is a very serious offence which could lead to the death of an innocent road user. Neither one of you give that message across when confronted.

This is where you talk nonsense. Not once have I or lucky13 put this message across. We have just discussed appeals in lucky13's case and I have discussed defences in similar scenarios.

lucky13 certainly isnt trying to make amends by insisting that her decision to drink drive was the correct one. You too are certainly are not making amends by agreeing with her decision to drink drive and stating that you would have plead not guilty. Is finding any excuse to find drink driving acceptable making amends?

I have answered this in my reply to your last paragraph.

​The answer to this if you are asking me personally, would need to be asked in a whole new thread and is not really related to these forums if you want the truth.

Although im not bothered, If you dont agree with something I say or an opinion I have then lets discuss it. Resorting to name calling or weird 'senarios' (although I am not bothered in the slightest) is a little pointless and shows you cannot offer any constructive reply. If you wish to start a new thread to discuss anything further with me that is fine.

I apologise for calling you a pr1ck. However scenarios are here to be disused and what makes the forum interesting to read.

To be honest I am just surprised by your comments as you have been through the ordeal of being arrested and court etc which I should imagine is a terrible experience and I would have thought that the message from you would have consisted of condeming the act of drink driving 100% as you know from the front line the consequences the person faces.

I do not agree with drink driving, when I was a teenager it was accepted in a lot of countries including this one. A copper would suggest a drunk driver stopped off at a cafe on the way home and had a coffee. A lot has changed in this world over the years. Drink driving is not acceptable and has decreased tremendously over the years. The same as many crimes.

That is obviously aside from helping them with the process which is a completely different matter. Do you understand what I mean?

My reply is in red above

How many drink driving convictions do you have?

As the forum moderator before advised you a court of law makes a decision regarding "CRIMINAL" offences. I went to crown court in regards to mitigating circumstances, and yes I was guilty but they reduced my ban by half. As also advised you are not qualified to make any assumptions either legally or medically. End of chat you really are just very rude and obnoxious person. Wouldn't be surprise if this forum blocks you, your remarks help no one.

As the forum moderator before advised you a court of law makes a decision regarding "CRIMINAL" offences. I went to crown court in regards to mitigating circumstances, and yes I was guilty but they reduced my ban by half. As also advised you are not qualified to make any assumptions either legally or medically. End of chat you really are just very rude and obnoxious person. Wouldn't be surprise if this forum blocks you, your remarks help no one.

If you think I am rude and obnoxious for expressing views that drink driving is ever acceptable quite honestly it is you that has the problem.

What assumptions legally or medically have I made that were incorrect?

Dont forget it was you who stated that you had no other choice to drink drive, which replects your attitude towards drink driving. That is not an assumption, you said it.

You seriously need a reality check before you get back on the road, unless your attitude changes quickly you will continue to be a risk to all other road users.

If you think I am rude and obnoxious for expressing views that drink driving is ever acceptable quite honestly it is you that has the problem.

What assumptions legally or medically have I made that were incorrect?

Dont forget it was you who stated that you had no other choice to drink drive, which replects your attitude towards drink driving. That is not an assumption, you said it.

You seriously need a reality check before you get back on the road, unless your attitude changes quickly you will continue to be a risk to all other road users.

What has my attitude got to do with anything, I have paid my dues and wont be re offending again. Have you not got a decent job they you are crawling around on here? hopefully you dont have any siblings who might drink and drive! someone very close to you will have drunk and drove at some point in their lives guaranteed.

What has my attitude got to do with anything, I have paid my dues and wont be re offending again. Have you not got a decent job they you are crawling around on here? hopefully you dont have any siblings who might drink and drive! someone very close to you will have drunk and drove at some point in their lives guaranteed.

Your poor attitude towards drink driving has EVERYTHING to do with it.

Thanks bristol.red - much appreciated. Will keep you posted on how I get on as this Forum has been nothing but useful over the past month to put me at ease.

Good luck, I was panicking too about being tested for all types of things and I like to party at weekends ... just turn up bright eyed and bushy tailed and smart ! if you go onto a website called erowid this will give you lots of information and don't excercise and go mad it will not get it out your system any sooner.. Good Luck ! Oh and you don't need a result less than 0.5 that was mine! up to 2.5 is a green light for your license 2.6-2.9 is amber (further enquiries) 3.0 automatic refusal of your license.

Hi everyone, I had my medical yesterday morning, he said he is advising that I get my licence back as long as bloods are ok, which he said they will be as I hadnt drank for 6 weeks :) gotta say..what a relief! Ill post again once I get the confirmation! Thanks for everyones help its really helpes me out and been much appreciated :)

Hi guys, I just want to say if anybody wants any advice on the whole process if dvla medical I'm here to help the best I can. I am still awaiting a decision from dvla, to whether I get my licence back or not. In which I feel strongly that I should. So if anyone wants some advice I'm here to help.
Hi there , there is a question in the questioner that asks , have you ever had an accident/injury while under the influence of alcohol / include rd accident . I have years ago the first time I lost my license nobody else was involved , just had to go court and had dr 10 put on license what do I put ? I don't want to say yes gives them something to look into . Help medical soon

Hi there , there is a question in the questioner that asks , have you ever had an accident/injury while under the influence of alcohol / include rd accident . I have years ago the first time I lost my license nobody else was involved , just had to go court and had dr 10 put on license what do I put ? I don't want to say yes gives them something to look into . Help medical soon
It won't be on Dvla record will it ?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off