Advice if anyone needs it dvla medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
Litt1eflower, I've never heard if a medical costing that much. You can't pay it online, as its seems to be a job on the side for doctors. You need to pay it on the day when you go for your medical. I would look into the cost of the medical, as that seems well over the top.

Re: Advice please

Super, YEs i was asked if i had consumed drugs or smoked anything (all of which are a NO for me, i rarely drink now too, few beers once maybe twice a month max)
From my reading thus far, it doesnt appear they are specifically looking for 'smokers' however, this as you are probably aware would appear if you was asked for a urine sample (again i wasn't they only wanted my blood!)
Hope this helps you somewhat :)

Hello mate, could you advise me if its worth applying for to get my licence back early. I got a 40 month ban in jan 2012 , I failed to provide a sample of breath dr60 . If I do the course it knocks it down to 30 months but I still have another year to go .I am currently unemployed because of the ban and can't get a job as 90% of jobs these days require a driving licence I am finding.Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Advice please

Hello mate, could you advise me if its worth applying for to get my licence back early. I got a 40 month ban in jan 2012 , I failed to provide a sample of breath dr60 . If I do the course it knocks it down to 30 months but I still have another year to go .I am currently unemployed because of the ban and can't get a job as 90% of jobs these days require a driving licence I am finding.Any advice would be appreciated.

Please see here for more information on how to go about getting your licence back early.

Here's my advice for anyone that has to do the HRO medical. When the doctor asks you the big question "how much do you drink"? tell them you haven't touched the stuff since you were caught! I told her i have the odd beer now and then and yep short term driving licence falls through my letterbox! More medicals to try get HGV back on it and another medical in a year cause i thought i'd be honest with the doc!

Here's my advice for anyone that has to do the HRO medical. When the doctor asks you the big question "how much do you drink"? tell them you haven't touched the stuff since you were caught! I told her i have the odd beer now and then and yep short term driving licence falls through my letterbox! More medicals to try get HGV back on it and another medical in a year cause i thought i'd be honest with the doc!

I doubt very much that they'd believe more than the odd few people out of all the drink drivers have had a Hallelujah moment and gone teetotal. The one's who have stopped drinking altogether, like myself, have usually had major problems with drink and stopped usually through hospital detox's, taking antabuse (disulfiram), support workers etc but the fact is that a big percentage will end up back on the drink and heavily at some point. Trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the DVLA is only going to raise more suspicion and make them dig deeper.

just saying what has happened to me. obviously if you've went to your doctor because of alchohol problems it will be passed on to DVLA and they'll find out but when it comes to the questionaire at the HRO and you don't have alchohol problems on your record don't do what i did and tell the doc you still like a beer! :(

Hi guys, I just want to say if anybody wants any advice on the whole process if dvla medical I'm here to help the best I can. I am still awaiting a decision from dvla, to whether I get my licence back or not. In which I feel strongly that I should. So if anyone wants some advice I'm here to help.

Dasher,

I sent in my initial application over 2 weeks ago. My partner put it in the post but sent it 1st class after i asked her to send it recorded:mad:. I have called DVLA to see if they have received the application and so far they say no. The robots who answer just keep telling me it can take up to three weesk to process an application so if i have heard nothing by then i can presume they have not received it. The cheque has not been cashed either. how long did it take them to send you out an appointment for the medical after you posted out your application.

I am worried they have not received it thus adding another 3 weeks to this whole process!!!!!!!

Dasher,

I sent in my initial application over 2 weeks ago. My partner put it in the post but sent it 1st class after i asked her to send it recorded:mad:. I have called DVLA to see if they have received the application and so far they say no. The robots who answer just keep telling me it can take up to three weesk to process an application so if i have heard nothing by then i can presume they have not received it. The cheque has not been cashed either. how long did it take them to send you out an appointment for the medical after you posted out your application.

I am worried they have not received it thus adding another 3 weeks to this whole process!!!!!!!

It'll be upto 2 weeks from the time they receive it to them scanning the document(s) in and loading them into their system - so the people accessing the system won't know whether it's been received or not - seems there is no communication between the mail handlers and the other teams involved.

Hi guys, I just want to say if anybody wants any advice on the whole process if dvla medical I'm here to help the best I can. I am still awaiting a decision from dvla, to whether I get my licence back or not. In which I feel strongly that I should. So if anyone wants some advice I'm here to help.
Hi mate , had my medical on the 3/6/2013 and got a letter yesterday stating that they needed to contact my GP to make further enquiries, I've not drank now for nearly 12 months and consider myself reasonably fit, no issues with any medical problems historically so I'm a bit confused! I've heard that they do this as part of there procedure do you have any knowledge of this?

hi need some advice im due a medical for drink driving in the next few weeks don't really drink but smoke weed at night will I be checked for it please help

no you'l be fine m8 they didn't even take a urine sample of me and i doubt weed would show up in a liver function test. Like i said tell doctor your T total ;)

did medical march 20th m8. ban was up april 25th didn't get licence back til may 10th and it was a 1 year short term licence! said i was considered a binge drinker.. They gave me a letter saying i could drive when ban ended but you gotta ask for it..

Do you feel it normal for the medical GP to ask 'do you have any tatoos?'

He asked me this as if it was a question was on his questionnaire sheet ...

Were you asked about tatoos or anything such ?? Um after all the waiting and over thnking i guess i just find it odd...as can't see any mention of anything along these lines off any other thread on here (trust me ive pretty much gone through most )

Its to see if you have HEPATITUS B or C ! as some tatto parlours use dirty needles!

So, im due my licence back in September and currently waiting for a list of places I can go for my medical. I am not a drinker really, once a month if im lucky! But I did smoke weed. I have been stopped 2 weeks now as i'm worried they will pick up on it! But I am also eating next to nothing and exercising like crazy to try and get it out of my system, but at 5ft 4 and 9 st I don't need to be losing weight!! But i'm to the point where I am so stressed about it and its not even booked! Have any weed smokers had any difficulties in getting their licence back? I plan on staying off the weed until the medical is over but im aware that it can stay in your system for upto 3 months. Yet again its 2 in the morning and I cant sleep through worry, im sure this medical infringes your human rights! Thanks in advance, a tired and stressed woman who learnt her lesson a long time before this!! :(

So, im due my licence back in September and currently waiting for a list of places I can go for my medical. I am not a drinker really, once a month if im lucky! But I did smoke weed. I have been stopped 2 weeks now as i'm worried they will pick up on it! But I am also eating next to nothing and exercising like crazy to try and get it out of my system, but at 5ft 4 and 9 st I don't need to be losing weight!! But i'm to the point where I am so stressed about it and its not even booked! Have any weed smokers had any difficulties in getting their licence back? I plan on staying off the weed until the medical is over but im aware that it can stay in your system for upto 3 months. Yet again its 2 in the morning and I cant sleep through worry, im sure this medical infringes your human rights! Thanks in advance, a tired and stressed woman who learnt her lesson a long time before this!! :(

If the original conviction was for drink driving and DVLA do not have it on record you smoke weed, or you have already told them that you smoke it. Then it is very unlikely they will even test you for it. However I believe that next year the police will have new equipment to test for cannabis use on the roadside, just like the breath test for alcohol. This will be when you will need to start thinking twice on how much weed you smoke and when, well for your own safety and others, you should not drive if you been smoking weed anyway.

Try not to worry too much and not let it all affect your sleep. I am sure you will be fine.

Please keep us informed.

If the original conviction was for drink driving and DVLA do not have it on record you smoke weed, or you have already told them that you smoke it. Then it is very unlikely they will even test you for it. However I believe that next year the police will have new equipment to test for cannabis use on the roadside, just like the breath test for alcohol. This will be when you will need to start thinking twice on how much weed you smoke and when, well for your own safety and others, you should not drive if you been smoking weed anyway.

Try not to worry too much and not let it all affect your sleep. I am sure you will be fine.

Please keep us informed.

Thanks! I obviously would not smoke and drive,should of mentioned that! And no they dont have it on rexord I smoke. I am booking it for beg of September so will get back to you! It also says I may have to remove some clothes, whats that about?

Thanks! I obviously would not smoke and drive,should of mentioned that! And no they dont have it on rexord I smoke. I am booking it for beg of September so will get back to you! It also says I may have to remove some clothes, whats that about?

I had the test 8th of August, first you fill out the questionaire, they will ask if you take drugs of any kind I would answer no. ( unless you have it recorded somewhere), they listen to your chest make you follow their finger with your eyes and they feel yout stomache. You then have your blood taken it is sealed in a medical sealed envelope with your ref on. It has to go within two hours. DVLA then get the results in a few days.

I requested a copy of my results which have come and it states that you are only giving consent for a CDT test. I have been advised by a friend you have to be told what you are being tested for by law, but dont quote me on this. At the bottom of the page is your result that you are really lookming for <0.5.

I had the test 8th of August, first you fill out the questionaire, they will ask if you take drugs of any kind I would answer no. ( unless you have it recorded somewhere), they listen to your chest make you follow their finger with your eyes and they feel yout stomache. You then have your blood taken it is sealed in a medical sealed envelope with your ref on. It has to go within two hours. DVLA then get the results in a few days.

I requested a copy of my results which have come and it states that you are only giving consent for a CDT test. I have been advised by a friend you have to be told what you are being tested for by law, but dont quote me on this. At the bottom of the page is your result that you are really lookming for <0.5.

Thank you so much that is a bit of a relief! I will let you know how I get on! I hope you got your license back ok! Im not concerned regards the alcohol, as I say I rarely drink.

Thank you so much that is a bit of a relief! I will let you know how I get on! I hope you got your license back ok! Im not concerned regards the alcohol, as I say I rarely drink.

Good luck, I was panicking too about being tested for all types of things and I like to party at weekends ... just turn up bright eyed and bushy tailed and smart ! if you go onto a website called erowid this will give you lots of information and don't excercise and go mad it will not get it out your system any sooner.. Good Luck ! Oh and you don't need a result less than 0.5 that was mine! up to 2.5 is a green light for your license 2.6-2.9 is amber (further enquiries) 3.0 automatic refusal of your license.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off