Advice if anyone needs it dvla medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

dasher657

Hi guys, I just want to say if anybody wants any advice on the whole process if dvla medical I'm here to help the best I can. I am still awaiting a decision from dvla, to whether I get my licence back or not. In which I feel strongly that I should. So if anyone wants some advice I'm here to help.

Hi guys, I just want to say if anybody wants any advice on the whole process if dvla medical I'm here to help the best I can. I am still awaiting a decision from dvla, to whether I get my licence back or not. In which I feel strongly that I should. So if anyone wants some advice I'm here to help.
You will be Fine and i know that when licence comes u will still b here helping a few peeps too. One thing i have grabbed is that We are and become vigilante helping and watching
Im counting after holidays that by 15 you would have got the reply . All the best . Keep the connection x

Hi there, so glad I saw this thread. I have just applied to do my DVLA medical, I don't drink much now maybe once a month I do like to smoke Cannabis quite regularly. Did they ask you anything about drugs when you went? Is this included in the blood test or are they only looking to see if there is a problem with alcohol misuse?

Hi there, so glad I saw this thread. I have just applied to do my DVLA medical, I don't drink much now maybe once a month I do like to smoke Cannabis quite regularly. Did they ask you anything about drugs when you went? Is this included in the blood test or are they only looking to see if there is a problem with alcohol misuse?

Super, YEs i was asked if i had consumed drugs or smoked anything (all of which are a NO for me, i rarely drink now too, few beers once maybe twice a month max)
From my reading thus far, it doesnt appear they are specifically looking for 'smokers' however, this as you are probably aware would appear if you was asked for a urine sample (again i wasn't they only wanted my blood!)
Hope this helps you somewhat :)

Hi Dash, When was your medical ? Have you rang DVLA and what did they say ? Have you been in touch with your own GP at all to discuss the results, if so, is this worth me doing ?

I had mine on the 4th jan and am still waiting also

I had my medical on 10/12/12, I don't really drink much neither. I said I don't take drugs so the doctor didnt do a urine sample all he done was a blood test. The blood test only tests for the alcohol in your system so should be ok. I had my licence back on the 5/1/13, as a lot of people say on this forum, not to worry bout everything just relax and everything will be fine.

I had my medical on 10/12/12, I don't really drink much neither. I said I don't take drugs so the doctor didnt do a urine sample all he done was a blood test. The blood test only tests for the alcohol in your system so should be ok. I had my licence back on the 5/1/13, as a lot of people say on this forum, not to worry bout everything just relax and everything will be fine.

Did you chase up the DVLA or anyone else or just wait ?
Did they write to your GP for further info ?

Yeah I did chase them up a few times, it took two weeks for the doctor to send my results to dvla. No they didn't need to contact my gp as my results came back ok. They will only contact your gp if there's any abnormaltys in your blood. As long as you haven't had a drink for about 4 weeks should be fine. But that all depends in how your body recovers after a drink. I used to take drugs and drink heavily a few years ago but you just don't tell them anything they don't need to know. Alot if people think the same as me it's all a money grabbing scam for doctors that do the medical. So like I say you will ok.

Yeah I did chase them up a few times, it took two weeks for the doctor to send my results to dvla. No they didn't need to contact my gp as my results came back ok. They will only contact your gp if there's any abnormaltys in your blood. As long as you haven't had a drink for about 4 weeks should be fine. But that all depends in how your body recovers after a drink. I used to take drugs and drink heavily a few years ago but you just don't tell them anything they don't need to know. Alot if people think the same as me it's all a money grabbing scam for doctors that do the medical. So like I say you will ok.

Right, just spoke to the useless DVLA and still the same ol line as per previous 'we've had your results scanned onto system on the 14th jan, awaiting the medical dept to assess...' To be honest, i was hoping for a bit more of an indication but it's like both times ive contacted em im speaking to a robot !!

I asked when they'd recommend i call back and to my surprise was told 3 weeks time ! Agreed re the money making **** i mean come on £96 for 10 mins work !!!! Hypothetically speaking, imagine if they managed to fit 6 medicals into the space of one hour - sheizer thats a whole lotta cash in hand me thinks......

P.s. looks like more sleepless nights with the waiting.....feel damn mentally drained with it all ...:(

I would ring in the next two weeks mine took longer because coz the Xmas holidays. I would ring them coz they say they will send out a letter but they don't. I see what you mean by its like talking to a robot, they give you the same answer every time

I would ring in the next two weeks mine took longer because coz the Xmas holidays. I would ring them coz they say they will send out a letter but they don't. I see what you mean by its like talking to a robot, they give you the same answer every time

Think i will try again on friday and hopefully the call taker will be in a jolly mood TGI friday and all !! lol
Worth a shot...Anything right about now for some more friggin info !!

Yeah that should be plenty of time for them to sort out and give you a answer. Before you had your medical did you go have have a liver fuction test done privately. I did cost me £65 but was worth it as you know what the results should be when having the dvla medical.

Yeah that should be plenty of time for them to sort out and give you a answer. Before you had your medical did you go have have a liver fuction test done privately. I did cost me £65 but was worth it as you know what the results should be when having the dvla medical.

No i didnt, but i did take plenty of milk thistle - specifically the highest potency sylimarrin (think thats spelt right), also took LIV.52 (another complex to aid and help liver recovery). Both were chosen after many days of research. I also took turmeric and lemon as apparently these help detoxify the liver also. Drank plenty of freshly squeezed fruit and veg juice too - approx 1.5 litres per day.

Where did you have that test done , was it local and how did you find enquire/book it ?

Yeah all them supplements are good and will help. I looked online and found a private hospital local to me and booked it online. All I needed to do was turn up, I tried to go to my gp but all they did was keep asking me questions why I wanted a blood test. I didn't want to tell what it was for, so I went private. It was the best thing i done as I was worried about my blood test and as soon as I knew my results were within normal levels it put my mind at rest. I think you have done all you can to have your test come back normal so I wouldn't worry at all my friend. :)

Thanks for your help Dasher. Well done on getting yours back! Got my letter through so planning on booking my test in a few weeks. Stopped smoking for the time being just to be doubley careful and hopefully everything will go fine.

Thats no worries at all I would strongly recommend that you have a blood test done privately just so you know your results. Trust me it will put your mind at rest.

Yeah all them supplements are good and will help. I looked online and found a private hospital local to me and booked it online. All I needed to do was turn up, I tried to go to my gp but all they did was keep asking me questions why I wanted a blood test. I didn't want to tell what it was for, so I went private. It was the best thing i done as I was worried about my blood test and as soon as I knew my results were within normal levels it put my mind at rest. I think you have done all you can to have your test come back normal so I wouldn't worry at all my friend. :)

Appreciate the heads up pal (",)

Btw what were your ast agt ggt readings from the actual medical and also your private one (to see if there was much fluctuation or not) ?

They don't tell you your readings in the dvla medical. But when I went private all my readings for all 3 was in the 20s well within normal range.

They don't tell you your readings in the dvla medical. But when I went private all my readings for all 3 was in the 20s well within normal range.

Do you feel it normal for the medical GP to ask 'do you have any tatoos?'

He asked me this as if it was a question was on his questionnaire sheet ...

Were you asked about tatoos or anything such ?? Um after all the waiting and over thnking i guess i just find it odd...as can't see any mention of anything along these lines off any other thread on here (trust me ive pretty much gone through most )

Haha the question about tattoos, yes they asked me that question. I laughed and said your not gonna judge me on tattoos now are you. They told me no, it's just a question they want to know for some reason. I still to this day can't understand why they ask this, but I suppose that's dvla for ya :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off