Advice if anyone needs it dvla medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
Cheers both :rolleyes:
SUrprisingly it only took all in all 3 weeks including weekends...Gotta say well done the DVLA ! Bl00dy fast considering all the horror stories bla bla ....

P.s. lily, the saying goes something along the lines of 'declare info at will...' - im sure you get what that reflects .. :)

p.s.s. dash - always safe and sound driving from here on in future...can't afford another mishap ! :)
Ey machines, how are u celebrating, i know many might say whats to celebrate but ey u on the road now, so its a cause to b Happy, i personally had a wine for all my troubles and to finally get my licence back but paranoid It Hits when u sobbering up, 1 bottle red, and took 2 days at will to make sure i get sobber b4 Drive&Just smiling Looking at car, knowing il b driving It,
Don Know about others but if I go Party then 2_3 days at least 48hrs Iv trainned myself to not drive, otherwise Its mr bus stop. If I calculate wrong and if not sure about the calculations Mine is 2-3 days Max , all the Best hun

Ey machines, how are u celebrating, i know many might say whats to celebrate but ey u on the road now, so its a cause for bring Happy, i personally had a wine for all my troubles and to finally get my licence back but paranoid Hits when u sobbering up, 1 bottle red, and took 2 days at will to Dinner Just bring Tee off the hoose b4 Drive&Just smiling Looking at car, knowing il b driving It,
Don Know about others but if I go Party then 2_3 days at least 48hrs Iv trainned myself to Do, otherwise It mr bis stop.

Not really celebrated as yet, possibly wait till die hard 5 is out on the 14th feb and have a good one :p! (it still hasn't kicked in getting my license back...lol...strange i know...

I won't really be drinking once i can drive - maybe once or twice a month tops, the novelty has kinda worn off now i've the license back..just gotta wait a lil longer till my ban finishes up...Then the exciting prospect (NOT) of insurance quotes !!! jeeeez...this saga seems to be never ending....

All i would say is don;'t go anywhere near the liquor if driving, taxi, bus, walk etc....We've come this far so let's all hold our heads up high and support those whom is/will go through what we did :cool:

Not really celebrated as yet, possibly wait till die hard 5 is out on the 14th feb and have a good one :p! (it still hasn't kicked in getting my license back...lol...strange i know...

I won't really be drinking once i can drive - maybe once or twice a month tops, the novelty has kinda worn off now i've the license back..just gotta wait a lil longer till my ban finishes up...Then the exciting prospect (NOT) of insurance quotes !!! jeeeez...this saga seems to be never ending....

All i would say is don;'t go anywhere near the liquor if driving, taxi, bus, walk etc....We've come this far so let's all hold our heads up high and support those whom is/will go through what we did :cool:
I know someone said car will b marked so i Do take the Train at times, and walk, It dont bother me anymore ad been doing It b4 x All the Best

I celebrated as I had my mma fight and won so i was really happy with getting my licence back plus winning my fight. So theres always time to celebrate lol :);)

I celebrated as I had my mma fight and won so i was really happy with getting my licence back plus winning my fight. So theres always time to celebrate lol :);)
Well good on ya Hun, we been through he'll and back, I will be drinking but my car will be stationary, I know it was a long wait but I am not gonna say never drink but if I do then no car, so I either drink and not drive SIMPLES, I do catch a train at times so really even when licence came, I had adjusted to Renault 2 that's my two feet I call Renault 2 xx keep connected guys.

Well good on ya Hun, we been through he'll and back, I will be drinking but my car will be stationary, I know it was a long wait but I am not gonna say never drink but if I do then no car, so I either drink and not drive SIMPLES, I do catch a train at times so really even when licence came, I had adjusted to Renault 2 that's my two feet I call Renault 2 xx keep connected guys.
My car tyre got slashed someone help, i managed to put a spare one on my own 20miles from home on but need to find a place cheaper for tyres, any help or ideas , the old tyre has few big holes on them and think might have to get to a place for new tyres or second Hand, wow
Someone actually did this, as the guy who helped me at the petrol station to loosen the nuts said.

My car tyre got slashed someone help, i managed to put a spare one on my own 20miles from home on but need to find a place cheaper for tyres, any help or ideas , the old tyre has few big holes on them and think might have to get to a place for new tyres or second Hand, wow
Someone actually did this, as the guy who helped me at the petrol station to loosen the nuts said.

Hope you get it sorted Lilly, have you tried local garages, they normally have seconds at a reasonable price :)

Hi Lilly007 did u get your tyre sorted out? The cheapest tyres around are part worn ones there near enough brand new and cheap. How's the driving going? :)

Hi Lilly007 did u get your tyre sorted out? The cheapest tyres around are part worn ones there near enough brand new and cheap. How's the driving going? :)
Thanks Hun, driving is going good haha, but potholes a nightmare, I'm still on hunt for cheap tyres well think might buy a few and keep at home just incase, I find myself broke without a tyre lol, how are u doing, enjoying playing on the motorway ? I'm loving it , love the m6 lol

Lilly Dash how are both y'all keeping ? Hope all is healthy, safe and well :cool:

Re: tyres, as dash said seconds are probably your cost effective option and haven't let me down in the past so give em a go

Just over a week to go for me till i can drive, insurance malava to overcome first though lol ...Exciting stuff eh !! haha :p

Lilly Dash how are both y'all keeping ? Hope all is healthy, safe and well :cool:

Re: tyres, as dash said seconds are probably your cost effective option and haven't let me down in the past so give em a go

Just over a week to go for me till i can drive, insurance malava to overcome first though lol ...Exciting stuff eh !! haha :p
Keeping safe dear, insurance will be a bit up but I had to cut down on some of the stuff I was spending money on like when there was no car, ild go out on the weekend even during the week and other stuff that had to be cut out, unnecessary journeys with car and walk if I can, train too, so when insurance quoted me I was glad as I saw that some are struggling just to be insured. Anyone watch traffic cops on tv, omg, quite good though it gets you thinking, I watch that and tell myself, never again, tyres will b second hand by month end so making sure I don't just get stopped for unnecessary stuff I can sort. I wish you the best machines on the month when you start driving, the first time I got back in the car I honestly thought I would have forgotten how to drive but I found it all comes back to you easy lol, Dasher I'm shopping around to see which garage I can use all the time so they get to know my car

couple questions regarding medical

hello every one,

i wondered if any one could help with a few questions i have. i dont drink much im a binge drinker i dont drink during the week and mayb have one or two nights out a month.i've had a few drinks latly but not got drunk. im going to have 2weeks without touching a drop not that it bothers me because i can quite easily go without im just worried about there test and what they consider a fail. i smoked weed quite heavily before but i've stoped for two weeks and im going to carry this on as me getting my license back if very important. i understand you have to quit for around a month for it to leave your system. i was wondering if they automaticly test you by urine aswel as blood? and does any1 know how long it takes for thc to leave your blood? as i said im pretty worried about this test even tho i rarely drink and i've quit smoking green! also how long does it take you to book a medical and get it done and how do you go about doing it do you have to send the form off and they arrange it or is there a different process? one last query i have is if i fail the test i've heard you cant take it for another six months?and is it worth taking a blood test with your gp so if theres any need to apeal you have your gp's results to back you up? would appreicate some help as im eager to get this sorted and out the way!!

Thank you.

Re: couple questions regarding medical

hello every one,

i wondered if any one could help with a few questions i have. i dont drink much im a binge drinker i dont drink during the week and mayb have one or two nights out a month.i've had a few drinks latly but not got drunk. im going to have 2weeks without touching a drop not that it bothers me because i can quite easily go without im just worried about there test and what they consider a fail. i smoked weed quite heavily before but i've stoped for two weeks and im going to carry this on as me getting my license back if very important. i understand you have to quit for around a month for it to leave your system. i was wondering if they automaticly test you by urine aswel as blood? and does any1 know how long it takes for thc to leave your blood? as i said im pretty worried about this test even tho i rarely drink and i've quit smoking green! also how long does it take you to book a medical and get it done and how do you go about doing it do you have to send the form off and they arrange it or is there a different process? one last query i have is if i fail the test i've heard you cant take it for another six months?and is it worth taking a blood test with your gp so if theres any need to apeal you have your gp's results to back you up? would appreicate some help as im eager to get this sorted and out the way!!

Thank you.
if you we're a High risk offender
Near the end of ban,Dvla will send a form to fill out, the one you get from post office when you applying for provisional, you fill it out send the money. If you were considered HRO Then there is a letter telling you to make arrangements to book an appointment with a DVLA doctor on the letter within the time stated on letter, you ring the doctor and make the appointment, you go for the appointment, answer the questions that are to be filled out, they weigh you or just ask for your weight, check your reflexes, feel your tummy, blood pressure, bloods get taken, as far as I know it's to check your liver functions and if you are really abusing aalcohol, I don't smoke the green so that one depends on what you were charged with I have not come across anyone charged with driving under wacky backy, so it depends mainly with what you say on the questions they are important, if all goes well licence will be in the post, this is my experience, it's the not knowing how it will go that makes the process a nightmare, but all the best, I'm sure others will give you more infor on this

Thanks basher.

I wonder If anyone could offer me any advice.

Ive alwayscbeen a very heavy drinker (drink 6/7 pints most nights) and after losing my licence for a second time realised I needed to get my life in order. I saw my gp and was given difrulsam to stop me drinking. the dvla gave me my licence back for 12 months then decided to not re issue it because I was taking medication to stop me drinking. I fell of thecwagon a couple times but with the help of my partner I have not drunk for a few months and feel my life is back on track. I now want to apply for my licence back. Ive been living healthy for months now but im concerned my heavy drinking past will go against me.

Id be grateful for any advice.

Colin.

Mate if you have not been drinking for months you should be fine. But as you said you was a heavy drinker so you don't know what damage you have done to your liver. The best thing I would do is pay for a private liver fuction test to put your mind at rest. If all comes back clear proceed with applying for your licence. Good luck my friend

Hey, yea need advice please :) do you know if you can pay for it online? also, not seeing anyone having to pay as much for their medical, mines is £325, im in northern ireland is that why? or because im a HRO? caught twice drink driving. also, how clean does your system have to be, like the odd toke, cheers

Mate if you have not been drinking for months you should be fine. But as you said you was a heavy drinker so you don't know what damage you have done to your liver. The best thing I would do is pay for a private liver fuction test to put your mind at rest. If all comes back clear proceed with applying for your licence. Good luck my friend

Thanks for your reply dasher.

Ive had my gp do a liver function test and it gets more complicated. My gammer gt is 20 which proves ive not drunk for months however my ast is high. The problem is, he told me that this will be raised due to the medication I take for bipolar. He said that when the dvla write to him he will tell them my meds are the cause for raised results, then its in their hands.

Hopefully they take this into account?

Hi Colin, yeah 20 for gt is well within normal levels. With your ast levels they will take that into account when your gp lets them know why there raised. You could try and take milk thistle which is a great supplement to repair the liver. All I would say is dont worry about it as your gt is fine and you have your gp to back you up for your ast. Like I say mate, I do recommend milk thistle. :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off