Advice if anyone needs it dvla medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
Haha the question about tattoos, yes they asked me that question. I laughed and said your not gonna judge me on tattoos now are you. They told me no, it's just a question they want to know for some reason. I still to this day can't understand why they ask this, but I suppose that's dvla for ya :)

Ditto, my reaction was exactly the same lol, the Gp himself laughed at my reaction !! (maybe the ink on me can contribute towards the enzyme factor , who knows ?) As he did specifically make a point of asking me 'when' i had my last tatoo done...hahaaaa

Lol, I think they ask that question coz like you said the ink must affect enzymes in the body. Or could it be that there's alcohol in the ink, I must admit when I had my last session of my tattoo I did feel a bit merry after. Hahahaha:):)

Lol, I think they ask that question coz like you said the ink must affect enzymes in the body. Or could it be that there's alcohol in the ink, I must admit when I had my last session of my tattoo I did feel a bit merry after. Hahahaha:):)

Merry i hear ya say eh ?? I hear the ink at some tatoo 'parlours' may be UPTO 100% lol (jus kidding hahaaa)

On a more serious note, found the following through my research :

"Doctors only ask about tattoos when they are about to test for liver function because of the possibility of having got an infection from the needles if the tattoo was done in an unsafe place. I know it sounds unfair but tattoos act as a sort of "warning sign" for doctors for the possibility of hepatitis B especially. That does not mean that ppl with tattoos all have the infection - far from it, only a very tiny minority will have it; but still this minority is greater than the amount of ppl having hepatitis B in the general population not belonging to any risk groups "

I don't know but i do get a gut feeling that maybe blood is affected by certain types of ink(s) ...WIll see what else i can dig out zi www....

Suppose it makes Sense in a way, still think its a strange question. I bet every person that has had a dvla medical, thought they were gonna get judged on tattoos. When are you going to call dvla again? I would defo keep on trying as I said before, they say they will send you a letter to let you know if you passed and your gonna receive your licence back. Once they have your results on the system, it takes roughly 2 weeks to make a decision. I will keep my fingers crossed for ya, and I hope you will get the relief you want as I did :):)

Suppose it makes Sense in a way, still think its a strange question. I bet every person that has had a dvla medical, thought they were gonna get judged on tattoos. When are you going to call dvla again? I would defo keep on trying as I said before, they say they will send you a letter to let you know if you passed and your gonna receive your licence back. Once they have your results on the system, it takes roughly 2 weeks to make a decision. I will keep my fingers crossed for ya, and I hope you will get the relief you want as I did :):)

Agree, Stranger than strange question but guess it has some relevance to enzymes. Plus it was the 'opening' question for me ! lol

I was going to call DVLA tomorrow, but may do so today and hopefully speak to somebody in a good helpful mood who gives some indication than the others i've spoken with previously .. They've had the results for 9 days (including one weekend) now, so hope you're timelines are true for me ..Here's wishing :) Cheers pal

Machines mate did you phone dvla? Did you get any joy? :)
Hie dear good to see u on here still, don't know if u can answer my question? I had and still have a job, but spoke to my bosses about dd, and to be honest, they don't want to know, I am still employed but was told that. My car is marked and the crb check came , I wanted to just dig a hole and hide, one thing I have been seeing is that not even kfc will reply to you after saying u R dd , SHOULD I JUST GIVE UP AND NOT LOOK FOR WORK, I AM REALLY IN A MUDDLE TRYING TO FIND WORK, because I know come April they will dismiss me were. I am just now, I am and have done loads of jobs b4 especially bar and hôtels, i am shi##ing myself , any advice

Hi ya, yeah still on here, the answer to your question in my Opinion is that a drink drive conviction should not stop you getting a job as long as its not a driving job. With a dd and if it was a driving job you was going for it would be pretty hard to get the job as there insurance premiums would rocket if the employed you. But for jobs that don't intell driving I can't see that being a problem, keep searching something will come up :)

Hi ya, yeah still on here, the answer to your question in my Opinion is that a drink drive conviction should not stop you getting a job as long as its not a driving job. With a dd and if it was a driving job you was going for it would be pretty hard to get the job as there insurance premiums would rocket if the employed you. But for jobs that don't intell driving I can't see that being a problem, keep searching something will come up :)
its not a driving One this time
Thank u very much for reply
i am and will keep searching. but ap forms. R not letting me xxx

its not a driving One this time
Thank u very much for reply
i am and will keep searching. but ap forms. R not letting me xxx
Ps whats your thoughts on putting it on app Form, should i put drink driving or pull out the Codes in order

If it was me I would put DR10, if that's the only criminal conviction you have any other job except driving should be fine. What kind of jobs you going for?

By the way, I am a scaffolder and I've just started a new job with another firm. I told them that I have a DR10 conviction in my licence, they said it was still ok and they gave me a van. I know it maybe different in job industry wise but maybe all is not lost as there maybe somewhere that may let you drive with the DR10 you know. But I'm defo sure that none driving jobs you should be fine. Hope I'm helping. :):)

By the way, I am a scaffolder and I've just started a new job with another firm. I told them that I have a DR10 conviction in my licence, they said it was still ok and they gave me a van. I know it maybe different in job industry wise but maybe all is not lost as there maybe somewhere that may let you drive with the DR10 you know. But I'm defo sure that none driving jobs you should be fine. Hope I'm helping. :):)
Wow, all i can say is u have a higher someone Looking after u hun., i AM and will not give up , i will send all cv,s Hey no harm in trying ey ,thanks, ps will Update too on new Job fingers cross

Don't get me wrong, I did try a couple of different companies. But they checked my licence and the dr10 came up and they said there's no way they can let me drive a van at the mo. I must have just got lucky with this company I'm with now. God knows how much the insurance premiums are lol. Good luck!!!!! :)

Dasher my friend, Yes got it through at last !!! with the counterpart yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cool:

Now the sorry a$$ job hunting... Hope all is going smoothly and well for you chap :rolleyes:

Dasher my friend, Yes got it through at last !!! with the counterpart yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cool:

Now the sorry a$$ job hunting... Hope all is going smoothly and well for you chap :rolleyes:
Machines!!!!!! Congrats in order, i AM Happy for you, Happy for others who go through what We went through, to b able to pass medical, its a waiting game thats not a game waiting for decision , i AM Job hunting & with everyone Else Looking who dont have dd, i pray i Find summit, really dont want to be on the brew in the que waiting fora miracle, wish u all the Best.

Don't get me wrong, I did try a couple of different companies. But they checked my licence and the dr10 came up and they said there's no way they can let me drive a van at the mo. I must have just got lucky with this company I'm with now. God knows how much the insurance premiums are lol. Good luck!!!!! :)

Aghhh cross that Bridge when It comes, about insurance ,feeding family mortgage, Rent comes first, and if u paying insurance yourself then its on Top 5.of payments, Job and taking care of family( Wow almost sounding like (THE GODFATHER) Film lol. All the Best

Congrats machines really happy for you mate. I thought you would get it back within the next couple of weeks. Well done and safe driving lol :)

Cheers both :rolleyes:
SUrprisingly it only took all in all 3 weeks including weekends...Gotta say well done the DVLA ! Bl00dy fast considering all the horror stories bla bla ....

P.s. lily, the saying goes something along the lines of 'declare info at will...' - im sure you get what that reflects .. :)

p.s.s. dash - always safe and sound driving from here on in future...can't afford another mishap ! :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off