accident/injury q on questionairre

Convicted Driver Insurance

softlad

Good Afternoon,
I am four/five weeks away from applying for my licence after 3 yr ban. On the medical questionnaire they ask have you been involved in an accident or received an injury in the last 5 years due to alcohol.
I came out of a hotel tripped and knocked my self clean out ( couldn't get my hands out me pockets quick enough). I wasn't too pissed maybe 7/8 pints. I woke up in A&E the following morning with a top class shiner that's all. It was nearly 2years ago (5/2/18). I am going to disclose it in case they contact my GP and it may act as a token of honesty?

Will it affect my application?

Anybody any info?

Regards Softlad.

If you disclose anything on your medical form they will write to your gp to investigate, however honesty is the best policy because they can find out about your past which would delay your application, they will look for any alcohol issues in the last three years...

Also was this incident documented with your gp if not there's no need to disclose it.. just a thought...

I also need to know how to answer this question, I was involved in an RTA, that is the reason for getting my ban in the first place, so what do I need to put to that question?

The question will ask you: within the last three years have you had an accident/injury including a road traffic accident,as a result of your alcohol intake. If yes please give the date, you need to be honest with dvla no point in lying this will only delay your application....

The question will ask you: within the last three years have you had an accident/injury including a road traffic accident,as a result of your alcohol intake. If yes please give the date, you need to be honest with dvla no point in lying this will only delay your application....

So I will have to say yes to the question, because they will know from the police why I was banned?

I would assume it's been registered with dvla but not 100% sure, I've not been in that situation before, it may have something to do with the courts notifying them...

I think grice96 can help you there think he's been in that situation and had his license back...

If you disclose anything on your medical form they will write to your gp to investigate, however honesty is the best policy because they can find out about your past which would delay your application, they will look for any alcohol issues in the last three years...

Morning Honestman.
I think your absolutely right. Honesty is the best policy in most situations especially this one. I am gonna see my gp and ask him if A@E contacted him...they probabely have.
I just dont want the fall to be seen as a medical blackout as thats another Q on the form.....any thoughts on that......may well have been a pissed blackout.....is that different?

Regards, Softlad

Honesty is the best policy I believe that the DVLA are aware of the circumstances that went into us losing our licence. I was honest with this question and answered yes and it was never mentioned again

Hi soft lad I think if it is documented with your gp then you need to enlighten him that this was nothing more than a lads night out, I'm sure with that the doctor will see it that way as a drunken stupor and not a blackout, after all dvla when relicencing act on your GPs advice, nothing to worry about here we all make mistakes....

Hi soft lad I think if it is documented with your gp then you need to enlighten him that this was nothing more than a lads night out, I'm sure with that the doctor will see it that way as a drunken stupor and not a blackout, after all dvla when relicencing act on your GPs advice, nothing to worry about here we all make mistakes....

Morning Honestman
hope to see my GP next week and will discuss these issues with him then. Thanks for your input over the past few days its been helpful. Ime gonna sign off now and spend a bit more time on the autotrader website.
Gonna get a Fiesta, they are cheap to run......how is that for positivity and confidence with regards application.

Ps must you always refer to me as a soft lad.........beginning to develop a complex.....lol.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off