6months and still waiting!!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Vicki1983

So thought I would actually post instead of stalking… ban was up 16th January 2022…sent forms off 11th January… 7 weeks wait for letter to book medical.. medical was 24th March …wrote to my GP 22nd April (they claimed they didn’t get the paperwork until may 7th) GP sent paperwork back to dvla last Monday 13th june…not sure of the reason they wrote to GP …sent me a drug use questionnaire as I told DVLA Dr I had been on zapain ( codine painkillers) for 9 years up until over 3 years ago which I obviously needed help to come off them with injections due to the side affects after being on them for 9 years and was fed up of taking them as they did nothing for my pain anymore or if it was because the DVLA Dr had questioned why I had a scar on my chest from a surgery a few years back to have a heart recording device fitted which resulted in me being diagnosed with just simple non life threatening etopic beats (extra beats) so could be a case of both..so waiting now on either being sent for another Medical test for urine test (I can’t see why as I suffer with connective tissues disease and have refused pain killers everytime they have offered them to me so hopefully will be on file) or if they will issue my license or refuse or grant me a years one… I’ve had a car parked outside for over 3 months now insured, taxed, MOT’d, fuelled up ready to go and it’s driving me up the wall.!!! Spoke to DVLA Saturday who said it’s just a case of waiting with no time scale and that it could take 15 days from receiving to be looked at.. … could be worse I suppose… a distant family member had a 6 year ban that was up 3 years ago and due to covid only had his medical end of March so ended up with an extra 3 years on top!

So thought I would actually post instead of stalking… ban was up 16th January 2022…sent forms off 11th January… 7 weeks wait for letter to book medical.. medical was 24th March …wrote to my GP 22nd April (they claimed they didn’t get the paperwork until may 7th) GP sent paperwork back to dvla last Monday 13th june…not sure of the reason they wrote to GP …sent me a drug use questionnaire as I told DVLA Dr I had been on zapain ( codine painkillers) for 9 years up until over 3 years ago which I obviously needed help to come off them with injections due to the side affects after being on them for 9 years and was fed up of taking them as they did nothing for my pain anymore or if it was because the DVLA Dr had questioned why I had a scar on my chest from a surgery a few years back to have a heart recording device fitted which resulted in me being diagnosed with just simple non life threatening etopic beats (extra beats) so could be a case of both..so waiting now on either being sent for another Medical test for urine test (I can’t see why as I suffer with connective tissues disease and have refused pain killers everytime they have offered them to me so hopefully will be on file) or if they will issue my license or refuse or grant me a years one… I’ve had a car parked outside for over 3 months now insured, taxed, MOT’d, fuelled up ready to go and it’s driving me up the wall.!!! Spoke to DVLA Saturday who said it’s just a case of waiting with no time scale and that it could take 15 days from receiving to be looked at.. … could be worse I suppose… a distant family member had a 6 year ban that was up 3 years ago and due to covid only had his medical end of March so ended up with an extra 3 years on top!
You say you have your car all taxed and insured, how have you got insurance without your licence? If you have said you have a licence, when you don't, if the insurance company find out they will void it, causing you untold issues in the future, and technically could pursue you for fraud which doesn't bear thinking about!

You say you have your car all taxed and insured, how have you got insurance without your licence? If you have said you have a licence, when you don't, if the insurance company find out they will void it, causing you untold issues in the future, and technically could pursue you for fraud which doesn't bear thinking about!
I told them I havent had my license back and they’ve insured it under a section whatever with no license then as soon as my license is back or refused I have to send them a copy and update my policy.

I told them I havent had my license back and they’ve insured it under a section whatever with no license then as soon as my license is back or refused I have to send them a copy and update my policy.
also I can’t declare it sorn as I don’t have a driveway or garage etc but they know I’ve not got my license back etc. the company i am with have said not many insurance companies would insure it the way they have and if I don’t get it back within 30 days then I’ve obviously got to send something in writing stating there application is in progress but delayed due to DVLA still blaming covid etc

I'd double check if I was you!
I have 20 times: asking as I am not legally unable to get a license they can insure my vehicle sobecause my ban was up January and I’ve completed my medical they are able to insure the car.. they know absolutely everything as i gave them my driving license number and they logged into the dvla database and went through it all with me. I checked that much on the phone they’ve given me the details of the call in email stated it’s been recorded etc so I’m pretty sure they know more than me who has not worked in insurance for over 20 years …which was home insurance anyway.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off