6 months after my ban should have ended...revoked

Convicted Driver Insurance
I am no smack rat so get facts straigh
I am no smack rat so get facts straight
All the same mate. Anything that turns hazardous to one’s self is hazardous. Makes no difference to the cause. The OP didn’t come on here with a blase attitude, outlined his wrongs and by no means was justifying anything, if anything I feel sorry for him. Got refused due to sleeping tablets…
Who are you to judge? People like you that have wronged yourself has such a judgmental persona and no wonder the DVLA are so bad. At least it’s their job to judge
What’s your excuse?

I think maybe we should put this thread to bed now, as it just seems to have been reduced to people exchanging insults which is not what this forum is for.

CJ

Well all I am saying is that he’s got no chance of getting license back if he’s on the gear sorry to say
He’s obviously trying and this is meant to be a support/advisory group not a blaming one. The OP is well aware that he’s made mistakes. The reason we are on here in one way or another is because WE DID TOO. High and mighty is unnecessary and not helpful or constructive.
Just my opinion.

Hi All

I am new to the site so forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place. I was banned in November 2018 for 3.5 years for drink driving; I am ashamed to say it is not my first such conviction - hence the long ban. As normal in these covid times, the reapplication process has taken forever. If things had gone to plan, I would have been unbanned in May 2022. I went for both the medical/blood (CDT) test and then a drug screen. I was a little nervous about this one as I am also on a treatment program to recover from opiate addiction from prescription pain meds. However, I declared all that and it seems that my particular instances and mild treatment are acceptable to the DVLA for driving.

However, what has happened is that they found another drug in my blood test: the sleeping tablet zopiclone. This was something prescribed to me over a year prior to this and the sort of thing you take rarely. I had taken one about 5 days to a week prior to the blood test and didn't give it any thought. That was June. After many calls and no news, I got a letter yesterday saying that my license is revoked and that the zopiclone was detected and not declared- thus evidence of persistent drug misuse. That's it. I have to basically prove I am 'clean' of that for 12 months.

Aside from being completely angry with myself for not thinking about the possibility that sleeping tablet might cause a problem I am also a bit heartbroken. I have waited nearly 4 years for my license. This being the second time in my life I had let alcohol get the better of me, I have finally managed to completely give up drink for over two years. At the same time, I realised I was addicted to the co-codamol I had been getting for back pain and got treatment for that. So I thought I had things pretty much all straightened out. Now I just feel a bit numb. I have written to the DVLA with this, but as my GP says - anyone can just buy these things online, so why would they believe me? Why would they believe a convicted drink driver and an ex-opiate addict? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Hi there. Was your CDT test ok? Maybe try and phone them to see if you could go for another medical or what you are supposed to do. I feel for you I used to be so stressed over silly things in life and now going thru this trying to get my license back has shown me what real stress is. We have surfed our punishment and I don’t think anybody that has not been thru this understand the emotional torture this is. It is making me so upset my hole life feels like it is falling apart. The ban was nothing compare to this proses it is actually weighing heavily on my marriage and the atmosphere at home worrying about my little boy and husband that is being punished by this more than I am🥲. Just don’t give up start the proses and take it one step at a time. Some days I just want to give up but we can’t. I don’t know a lot but this forum has helped me so much for the first time I feel some relief because no one understands what we are going thru than the people on this forum. Hang in there.

I have written to the DVLA with this, but as my GP says - anyone can just buy these things online, so why would they believe me?
I don't understand this. Your GP prescribed it to you, you have evidence of the prescription, so why is he saying "anyone can just buy it". Anyone could, but you didn't, and at this point the DVLA is criminally interfering with your medication. Take them to court.

There’s a easy solution to that it’s your own fault for being a drink driver and your fault for using heroin you have got no chance of getting your license back now mate
There’s a easy solution to that it’s your own fault for being a drink driver and your fault for using heroin you have got no chance of getting your license back now mate
You do realise they didn't do heroin, it was opiate addiction from PERSCRIBED MEDICATION

He's noted that he had back issues, so was obviously on strong meds...there are a whole host of prescribed medication that are opiate based, such as the morphine group of meds..

This forum is for people who want to help, not for lonely trolls who want to make others feel like shit..

They weren't using heroin. They were taking prescribed co-codomal for back pain, something millions of people do every day, myself included. And if you don't have chronic backpain/sciatica, then don't judge.

Yes, the bans were their fault, but I assume you are in the same category. You are on the forum after all.

Their GP should also have mentioned that they had been prescribed zoplicone in the last 6 years, so they are as much at fault.

So how about being a little constructive as opposed to destructive, eh?

Here all of use just **** off and get on with your sad addictive lives I have my license don’t have to worry at all me happy days
You should be kicked off this forum I have read all your comments and you just come across as narcissistic person and by the looks of it everybody on here thinks the same shame on you

Just to read every ones drink driving perthetic excuses for not getting there license bk
Oh right. I notice that your earliest posts , when you joined the forum, were seeking advice and that you received really constructive responses that you found helpful . Most people who post are constructive and informative. Once they have their licences back , some no longer post , others continue on here and offer advice where they can . It is rare that someone who has benefitted from forum input and then got their licence restored chooses to spend their time posting abuse ( trolling? ) or offering ill informed , unhelpful, often incomprehensible statements. This may be because you have nothing better to do , but what is clear is that regrettably you don’t have any grasp of the majority of the issues discussed , so even if you were not seeking to be hostile , you ate unlikely to have anything to say that others would benefit from .

So you got it revoked for being an alcoholic, why else would you have to take a DVLA medical to measure CDT levels… I think you probably need to stop categorising people, sharpish!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off