6 months after driving ban lifted, I am still waiting for my License to be returned!

Convicted Driver Insurance

m4rk

outrageously slow, poor, non helpful, non-informative and lazy service which has been provided to me by the DVLA. I was due to have my driving Ban lifted on 4th December 2020 after a 3 year driving disqualification. I have had to complete and provide 2 blood tests (the 2nd occasion i fainted in the surgery)- both of these blood tests have been untestable and cannot be acceptable!? My doctor has sent a FIT TO DRIVE REPORT to the DVLA which indicates I am fit to drive and now 6 months on I still do not have my Driving Licence returned to me. Everytime I eventually get through to the DVLA for an update I am met by a call taker who simply says 'Your case is still under Review''.

Anyone else experiencing same issue?

Mine was up in october medical feb still waiting be almost a year soon
Have you had nothing back from them since the medical ? That is outrageous. My medical was 26/4 and they’ve now written to my GP.

This is disgraceful. Am worrying already about this. More punishment on top of what you’ve already received!!!

Have you had nothing back from them since the medical ? That is outrageous. My medical was 26/4 and they’ve now written to my GP.
I have received a letter stating that my case is still under review? I really dont understand what else they need to review! I have my doctors report here with me in the office and its reads I am fit to drive!

outrageously slow, poor, non helpful, non-informative and lazy service which has been provided to me by the DVLA. I was due to have my driving Ban lifted on 4th December 2020 after a 3 year driving disqualification. I have had to complete and provide 2 blood tests (the 2nd occasion i fainted in the surgery)- both of these blood tests have been untestable and cannot be acceptable!? My doctor has sent a FIT TO DRIVE REPORT to the DVLA which indicates I am fit to drive and now 6 months on I still do not have my Driving Licence returned to me. Everytime I eventually get through to the DVLA for an update I am met by a call taker who simply says 'Your case is still under Review''.

Anyone else
I dont know what that is sorry
I don’t either , but didn’t like to say !

I think a PRIORITY CUSTOMER is ''apparently'' someone's case who is being treated as a priority. But i cant seem to believe this is true at all!
I spoke to Citizens Advice Bureau. An hour on hold but they were helpful. If you haven't already, have a look on the DVLA website about making a complaint. Long story but my two formal complaints were not answered satisfactorily so now escalated to an Independent Review Complaint Assessor. Well, I hope so as there is no automatic confirmation email on the DVLA website. The drawback is that they may take up to three months to come to a conclusion. (Next and final level is Parliamentary which could be err interesting). So much for paying £ and going to court to have my ban removed early. The DVLA and the pandemic = dystopian nightmare of bureaucracy.

I don’t either , but didn’t like to say !
I spoke to Citizens Advice Bureau. An hour on hold but they were helpful. If you haven't already, have a look on the DVLA website about making a complaint. Long story but my two formal complaints were not answered satisfactorily so now escalated to an Independent Review Complaint Assessor. Well, I hope so as there is no automatic confirmation email on the DVLA website. The drawback is that they may take up to three months to come to a conclusion. (Next and final level is Parliamentary which could be err interesting). So much for paying £ and going to court to have my ban removed early. The DVLA and the pandemic = dystopian nightmare of bureaucracy.
Too right . However , if we hadn’t done the course , had the ban reduced etc , we’d just be experiencing all the same delays but x months later down the line 😱

thank you!!!! Great help!

Update My Licence has just been issued 01/07/21 hope eveyone else gets sorted soon
thanks bj2004 - what hve date you been waiting from? wud be great to know as my suspension was up 4th dec 2020 - im a high risk offender - were you high risk? or just first time offense...? any contact email add's or direct dial numbers u have wud be much appreciated as well....i will send drink your way trust me!!

thanks bj2004 - what hve date you been waiting from? wud be great to know as my suspension was up 4th dec 2020 - im a high risk offender - were you high risk? or just first time offense...? any contact email add's or direct dial numbers u have wud be much appreciated as well....i will send drink your way trust me!!
My ban was up on oct 8th 2020 HROsent form off 10th oct got date for medical in january 2021 did medical 24th feb recieved licence back 1st july 2021 tryed ringing just told its under review saw today on dvla website been reinstated

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off