Convicted Driver Insurance

Bolton57

I have a reading of 57 - Police did not offer an explanation to stop me , simply have you had a drink - Yes - when asked the third police officer she said swerving i said no thats not true can i politely ask you again then said annoymous call , wife due to pick my son up , four mile round journey , so in the car no intentions to drive - no accidents driving forty years no previous convictions going to represent myself any ideas guess its sixteen months DDR course 25 % off if lucky pleading guility just a simple error of judgement my son is subject to various educational support all documented just started high school , public transport difficult so will impact on him much more - a silly mistake but the law is the law.

Any feedback would be useful the caller could have said look dont drive and i would have said thanks but no rang the police why not sure but at least i will learn a hard lesson

I have a reading of 57 - Police did not offer an explanation to stop me , simply have you had a drink - Yes - when asked the third police officer she said swerving i said no thats not true can i politely ask you again then said annoymous call , wife due to pick my son up , four mile round journey , so in the car no intentions to drive - no accidents driving forty years no previous convictions going to represent myself any ideas guess its sixteen months DDR course 25 % off if lucky pleading guility just a simple error of judgement my son is subject to various educational support all documented just started high school , public transport difficult so will impact on him much more - a silly mistake but the law is the law.

Any feedback would be useful the caller could have said look dont drive and i would have said thanks but no rang the police why not sure but at least i will learn a hard lesson
Not sure what your question is, but from what you have said you seem to have an issue with a) the Police stopping you and b) if someone shopped you why didn't they give you a heads up.

As for the Police stopping you, they have the right to do so. You may not think your swerved, but you were under the influence so you wouldn't really know, so that could be true. As for somebody calling the Police, again why should they speak to you first (even if they had the chance to do so)? If someone saw you drinking then driving, they have the right to call the Police, it wasn't down to them telling you not to drive, with over 40 years experience you should have made that judgement yourself...

Sorry to be blunt, but it is what it is! As you have said, sentence is likely to be 12-16 months ban (less up to 25% if course offered)

No Blunt is fine no doubt the prosecution solicitor and judge will take the same stance firstly the drinking I was home with no plans to leave the house , me at home only so no third party could see me drinking not in a local pub for example my wife text me to pick my son up she was 200 miles away it was all very last minute , good point you make re the swerving simply not true and the police didn't stick to that reason they then admitted due to an anymous phone call , so I will be POLITE in court the phone call was the reason not my swerving regarding the question is what managing expectations in terms of the inevitable ban and indeed my 11 year old son being in the car at the time I was stopped. Thank you for your prompt reply -57 being the reading in the station so short distance aggravating factor son in the car but no other damage to other users property my car simply "under the influence " of course I will apologise was compliant with the police but I will ask for the course on the basis no incidents in forty years and I need to understand the situation better given it will NEVER happen again

Agree with Bigtom.
Bolton57, you have softened your stance since your first message.
One thing stands out in your explanation you will give to the court: “my wife text me to pick my son up she was 200 miles away, it was all very last minute” so you drove to collect him. How did you expect your wife to collect him if she was 200 miles away and why should she if you were only 2 miles away?
You should be clearer about the circumstances. If you repeated what you have put here, the magistrates would not question my about it, they would just think “Well that is a load of bull” and give you a longer ban!
The range for a reading of 57 is 12-16 months. Having your 11 year old son in the car is an aggravating factor so you could well be looking at the top of that so anything you can do to mitigate the circumstances is good, and yes, ask for the DDRS course to get up to 25% off your ban.

Agree with Bigtom.
Bolton57, you have softened your stance since your first message.
One thing stands out in your explanation you will give to the court: “my wife text me to pick my son up she was 200 miles away, it was all very last minute” so you drove to collect him. How did you expect your wife to collect him if she was 200 miles away and why should she if you were only 2 miles away?
You should be clearer about the circumstances. If you repeated what you have put here, the magistrates would not question my about it, they would just think “Well that is a load of bull” and give you a longer ban!
The range for a reading of 57 is 12-16 months. Having your 11 year old son in the car is an aggravating factor so you could well be looking at the top of that so anything you can do to mitigate the circumstances is good, and yes, ask for the DDRS course to get up to 25% off your ban.
Again thank you for your response however quiet often my wife goes to her work and comes back in the same day , the working away is once maybe twice a week, On a Monday I drop my son off either of us picks him up in the evening 8.30 after football training, she returned home later that evening on the date of the incident, on this occasion she was delayed hence the text me to go and collect him being two miles away , she travels by train collects her car from the station and picks my son up, not every occasion of course, we share the responsibility that is the reality of the matter.

I was not saying that your account was untrue, just pointing out that the way you had set it out sounded doubtful and if it seemed like it to me on here, it could well sound doubtful to the magistrates and influence the outcome. Perhaps explain you were suddenly put in that position due to your wire being delayed…. But do not mention the 200 miles!

Thank you for the response I will take your feedback on board all your comments are good feedback I know this is going to be tough but its a lesson I will learn

Again thank you for your response however quiet often my wife goes to her work and comes back in the same day , the working away is once maybe twice a week, On a Monday I drop my son off either of us picks him up in the evening 8.30 after football training, she returned home later that evening on the date of the incident, on this occasion she was delayed hence the text me to go and collect him being two miles away , she travels by train collects her car from the station and picks my son up, not every occasion of course, we share the responsibility that is the reality of the matter.
Got to be honest - your responses are hard to read and understand. Are you still drinking? They read as though you are.
Be careful going forwards and stay safe.

Got to be honest - your responses are hard to read and understand. Are you still drinking? They read as though you are.
Be careful going forwards and stay safe.
I have not given up drinking completely of course i wont be getting in a car ever again if i have had anything to drink, unless a passsenger i had a reasonable outcome i represented myself apologised to the court and the police issued some references following a guilty plea, made the point in 40 years plus of driving never been in as much as an accident asked for the DDR course - judge was very nice give me 12 months the DDR course and a £500 fine - now getting use to a taxi and train but managing , been lucky given my son was in the car which the police made no mention of, grateful, the judge was very reasonable i thought never again

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off