5 days off the booze? is it enough to pass medical?

Convicted Driver Insurance

sam9001

Well Known Member
I have only been drinking on a monday and a friday or Saturday now for the last month, usually maximum of 5 on a monday, but usually just the 4, and on a friday or Saturday maximum of 12 pints of Coors light.

Jusy wondering if I laid off the beer for a week.... would that be sufficient to pass the medical... thanks.

According to my impression of the DVLA medical letter and information from this website along with Google research online it sounds like your CDT would be borderline or possibly a fail.

What the dvla are advising to present is %CDT levels will be raised if there has been excessive alcohol intake in the last month,i.e. over 14 units a week, what I would do Sam is use the six week window on the medical letter abstain completely and you would have a good chance then of a low reading...

What the dvla are advising to present is %CDT levels will be raised if there has been excessive alcohol intake in the last month,i.e. over 14 units a week, what I would do Sam is use the six week window on the medical letter abstain completely and you would have a good chance then of a low reading...

My medical is booked for the 18th dec, so I am abstaining until then. so that will be 26 days without any alcohol, would this be enough?

Yes sounds good I abstained for 1 month 2 days, prior to this I had 26 units in one go and CDT was 0.9.....

I wrote to dvla for my results, but if you're talking baseline level then I abstained for 4months before the binge so my liver function was back to normal ....

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off