1st Offence, 4 times over limit, what sentence will I get?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Emily🙄

In 41 age driving for 20 its my first offence drink driving 4 times over the limit in breath, still awaiting blood results

what do you think my sentence will be?

In 41 age driving for 20 its my first offence drink driving 4 times over the limit in breath, still awaiting blood results

Hi Emily sentencing guidelines attached for your info, you're gonna be looking at 2 years min, fine and possibly community service, depends on circumstances, what you blew, or what your bloods come back as, also you'll wanna ask for drink driving course as that will knock a bit off

It depends on a few things about your circumstances.
Was the 140 in breath on the hand held device accurate, they are only an indication. We cannot know the answer to that.
How much later did you give the blood sample? The reading could be coming down by the breath equivalent of 12 per hour.
If you are left with the breath equivalent of 120 or more then it will be a 29-36 month ban. Prison will be an option but in practice unless the circumstances were bad then it is seldom the outcome. More likely to be a community penalty of quite a few hours.
If you are left with a breath equivalent of between 90-119 then it is 23-28 months and still the distinct possibility of a community penalty with fewer hours. Prison will not be a likely outcome at all.
As Jimbob says, being offered (or asking if not offered) to to a Drink Drive Rehabilitation course can reduce the ban you get by up to 25%.
As to the timescales, cases seem pretty slow at the moment due to the Police waiting for the lab to produce the blood result. They have up to 6 months to apply for a summons, which can be served on you after that time frame, so you have to sweat for up to 7 months after the accident to find out what is happening.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off