12 month medical licence due to expire. What happens next???

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lets be honest

My 12 month medical license is due to expire jan 2021, what is the process, I’ve filled in the forms sent them off, just wondering do I have to have another cdt test etc. Any info with be really appreciated thanks

Yes, usually Dvla will write out to your gp with a medical report and you will be expected to attend another Dvla medical, cdt test ,,, I’m in the same boat myself, however if your licence does run out you are able to drive on a section 88 as long as you have been to see your gp ....

Mine is due feb 21. I haven’t seen my gp for a year. I did ask for a blood test though back in July to query thyroid (and they did full screening) but that came back all ok. I am expecting to go back for another medical. What did they send you out just the renewal form? Did you complete a medical form too?

They only sent me a medical form to fill in, no renewal form I sent that back about a week ago, so I’m just waiting now to see what the next step is.

My 12 month medical license is due to expire jan 2021, what is the process, I’ve filled in the forms sent them off, just wondering do I have to have another cdt test etc. Any info with be really appreciated thanks
My 12 month licence expired 4th of October I put my application back in 3 months prior (12 weeks you can apply early ) only just had my medical last week . Expect 6 month turn around (at best ) you will be able to drive under a section 88 if you meet the criteria . But your insurer may well not accept that if you have a bang .. good luck.

Yes, usually Dvla will write out to your gp with a medical report and you will be expected to attend another Dvla medical, cdt test ,,, I’m in the same boat myself, however if your licence does run out you are able to drive on a section 88 as long as you have been to see your gp ....

Honestman

Just out of interest - is the DVLA medical second time round a bit more straight forward?

If they do write to the GP a year later - is this just a fishing exercise to see if there has been any medical issues in the recent 12 months?

My point is - the DVLA will know your medical history anyway when you first got reinstated on the road.

CJ

Honestman

Just out of interest - is the DVLA medical second time round a bit more straight forward?

If they do write to the GP a year later - is this just a fishing exercise to see if there has been any medical issues in the recent 12 months?

My point is - the DVLA will know your medical history anyway when you first got reinstated on the road.

CJ
Unfortunately exactly the same as the 1st time . Frustrating but at least your forearmed and know what to expect ana the time scales from previous . Once again (like my last one ) my GP have me a glowing report and has now said to me on both occasions I should not have had to have them . I even asked the GP the same question that the DVLA requested I visit and they too said they would not have said I needed a further one .. but that said when the DVLA are using staff that have no medical training or background and no legal training or background one expects the worse .. that how I look at everything so now and try keep one step ahead. .. as it's always negatives so if you look at it that way you won't be disappointed or frustrated .. that's my thesis

Unfortunately exactly the same as the 1st time . Frustrating but at least your forearmed and know what to expect ana the time scales from previous . Once again (like my last one ) my GP have me a glowing report and has now said to me on both occasions I should not have had to have them . I even asked the GP the same question that the DVLA requested I visit and they too said they would not have said I needed a further one .. but that said when the DVLA are using staff that have no medical training or background and no legal training or background one expects the worse .. that how I look at everything so now and try keep one step ahead. .. as it's always negatives so if you look at it that way you won't be disappointed or frustrated .. that's my thesis

Jamdpa

Out of curiosity, do you still need to get LFTs done on a regular basis?

I would think if you provide a low CDT score on your second HRO medical and the GP says they haven't seen you in 12 months that can surely be enough?

CJ

How can your GP see you?
All this year with COVID nobody is allowed to see the doctors in the surgery in my home town, and if you ring for an appointment you just get the doctors calling you back

How can your GP see you?
All this year with COVID nobody is allowed to see the doctors in the surgery in my home town, and if you ring for an appointment you just get the doctors calling you back

Maybe I should rephrase my last comment.

You can still have contact with your doctor via telephone appointments and the 'Ask My GP' service.

CJ

To answer your question Cj once you’ve been issued a medical review licence ( temp licence) then the process will start again 3 months before your licence runs out, if you’ve been labelled dependent then it’s a good idea to submit your medical evidence throughout the year by the means of LFT, I recorded my LFT with one in may and one in November both showing normal, this then will demonstrate to your gp and Dvla that your drinking is controlled a question Dvla like to ask when inquiries are made... if anybody is having trouble getting LFTs then you need to tell your GP that you need support in the way of medical evidence in order for you to reapply for your yearly licence.....

I’ve had my Dvla medical and my gp forms returned to the DVLA. They want further examinations, is thet due to not doing a eye test or what sort of further information are they looking for if they have already don’t my CDT and the CDT came to 0.5% and my go has no records of any dependency through drink or drugs? - I can’t find a post anywhere about this or anyone who has had the CDT - GP FORMS AND STILL THE DVLA ASKINg THEM FOR FURTHER INFORMATION- this is so ****ING LONGGGG

Dewaan can you stop posting on every single thread please! This is the 6th time I’ve had a notification from you, it won’t get an answer any quicker it’s 1am!!!!
Use common sense! First thing this morning call the GP/DVLA

Dewaan can you stop posting on every single thread please! This is the 6th time I’ve had a notification from you, it won’t get an answer any quicker it’s 1am!!!!
Use common sense! First thing this morning call the GP/DVLA

TCB

I believe the DVLA medical team are not available until Monday (4th) because of the festive period.

CJ

What common sense mate? Dvla is closed 😂😂🤣😂🤣😂

well, I know let’s post it on about 16 different threads hoping for an alternative solution? In that case if the DVLA is closed call your GP and ask what has happened, did they note something to the DVLA, be proactive and ask some questions to the person (your gp) who is dealing with the DVLA who might shine some light as to why......that’s more common sense!

well, I know let’s post it on about 16 different threads hoping for an alternative solution? In that case if the DVLA is closed call your GP and ask what has happened, did they note something to the DVLA, be proactive and ask some questions to the person (your gp) who is dealing with the DVLA who might shine some light as to why......that’s more common sense!
The minute you sign that consent form to contact Gp and require further information it’s game on so to speak for the DVLA, do you know for a fact there are no issues with Health, drug or alcohol? So many people put on here there is nothing wrong with my medical records....again have you spoken with your Gp? Have you requested your medical records? Have you asked if there are potentially any flags, as mentioned doesn’t have to be drug/alcohol related.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off