1 year licence instead of 10, Effect on Insurance?

Oneyearnobeer

Hi, I’ve been issued with a one year licence rather than a full 10 year. Does this make my insurance higher? Thanks in advance x

Honestman

Being issued with a one year medical review licence will have no impact on your vehicle insurance, unless of course you was convicted of drink driving, when you search for vehicle insurance click on the drop down bar and select: medically restricted one year DVLA aware,if your licence was revoked and you now have been issued with a one year licence then you will not be affected......congratulations on getting your licence....

Oneyearnobeer

Being issued with a one year medical review licence will have no impact on your vehicle insurance, unless of course you was convicted of drink driving, when you search for vehicle insurance click on the drop down bar and select: medically restricted one year DVLA aware,if your licence was revoked and you now have been issued with a one year licence then you will not be affected......congratulations on getting your licence....
Many thanks x

A Plan Insurance

Insurance Experts
Hi @Oneyearnobeer, Well done for getting your licence! Yes as people have said on here above, you will likely be asked in some way if you licence has been restricted in any way and if the DVLA are aware when getting insurance. If the DVLA are (Which they will most likely be anyway) then all is ok and it is just something that the insurers will not on the file. Always best to speak to the broker or insurance company directly to make sure all noted but shouldn't be a problem for you! Any questions by all means give the team in Basingstoke a call mentioning this Forum (y)

Lissylou

Hi, I’ve been issued with a one year licence rather than a full 10 year. Does this make my insurance higher? Thanks in advance x
I would have thought that would be classed as a 1 year restricted medical licence. Which yes would cause your insurance to be higher. My insurance was about 400 a year more expensive when I looked at a quote, as I licence is restricted. I’ve never drunk driven but had my licenece revoked for alcohol misuse