We couldn’t display your driving licence details with the information you gave us.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Calm

Well Known Member
is there any other way of finding out about my licence. I keep getting the above when I try on the website.
Thanks

Yes I was using the dvla, I have called them at it was a refusal. I dont know what I do now
If you have been refused, DVLA will write to you and tell you why. If it is because of misuse of alcohol, they will inform you that you need to show 6 months of abstinence or controlled drinking within government guidelines (14 units per week). You will have to get your GP to help here, get a date of last drink recorded with GP (if this is the case or record your drinking habits within guidelines), and get them to do a LFT test. You will need another in a few months time and then reapply for your licence.
If DVLA say you are alcohol dependent, you are required to give up drinking forever! You have to show 12 months of total abstinence, not even a sherry at Christmas. Your GP needs a date of last drink recorded with them, and you need to arrange LFT with GP for about every 2-3 months.
As you have been declined, DVLA will send you a cheque to refund the cost of the application that you paid for, however they will not refund the cost of the medical that you have paid. You will need to pay for the application again when you reapply, and will need to pay for another medical at that stage also.
My circumstances were that I was wrongly classed as alcohol dependent by a Dr at my surgery who had never saw me. I saw my GP who agreed that I was not and never had been dependent, only misused alcohol. She wrote to DVLA to explain this, I was then asked to reapply and subsequently my licence was issued.
Just note, that if you have been labelled as dependent, DVLA expect you to make a choice - take a single drink ever in the future (or at least in the next 6 years) and you will not be deemed fit to have a licence. Having a driving licence is a privilege and not a given right.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off