How long do I have to book my medical?

Convicted Driver Insurance
5 months to the day since I applied for my licence to be renewed.

Wife wife is due to have twins in 11 weeks.

Just off the phone to them again and got told I just have to wait, no update can be given and that they cannot take my circumstances into account.

Taking someone off the road for 5 months is dangerous and the fact that they're a law unto themselves is completely unacceptable.

I feel absolutely useless seeing my wife have to get herself everywhere on her own.

Is it common to have to wait this long?

My insurance expired in December so I don't have the option of driving under a Section 88 and nobody will insure me, as I don't have a valid licence.

Just off the phone to them again and got told I just have to wait, no update can be given and that they cannot take my circumstances into account.

Taking someone off the road for 5 months is dangerous and the fact that they're a law unto themselves is completely unacceptable.

I feel absolutely useless seeing my wife have to get herself everywhere on her own.

My insurance expired in December so I don't have the option of driving under a Section 88 and nobody will insure me, as I don't have a valid licence.
There are some horrendous waiting times at the Dvla on a good day, I applied to renew my one year licence in April last year and it got renewed in February this year, looong waiting times are the norm at Dvla …unfortunately….until their medical enquiries are finished only then a decision will be made to issue out a licence or not…

There are some horrendous waiting times at the Dvla on a good day, I applied to renew my one year licence in April last year and it got renewed in February this year, looong waiting times are the norm at Dvla …unfortunately….until their medical enquiries are finished only then a decision will be made to issue out a licence or not…

it’s absolutely disgraceful!!! It might not gonna change anything but have you tried to send an email to Tim Burton the head of department? Your circumstances are pretty serious for you to be get back to drive??!!

it’s absolutely disgraceful!!! It might not gonna change anything but have you tried to send an email to Tim Burton the head of department? Your circumstances are pretty serious for you to be get back to drive??!!
No but I will do so.

Thanks for the advice.

I don't suppose you have the email to hand?

Had my CDT medical last Tuesday and today the DVLA told me I’ve had my licence approved and I’ll be back on the road on the 29th. I never thought this day would come, I’m so happy. It’s finally over.
Yayyyyyy!! Well done!!! I’m soooo happy for you!! Enjoy your FREEDOM 🤩🤩

Had my CDT medical last Tuesday and today the DVLA told me I’ve had my licence approved and I’ll be back on the road on the 29th. I never thought this day would come, I’m so happy. It’s finally over.
Its a very nice feeling when it actually happens enjoy and take care.

Yayyyyyy!! Well done!!! I’m soooo happy for you!! Enjoy your FREEDOM 🤩🤩
Thank you, and hope yours goes well. This forum has been such a refuge. You ‘well knowners’ who give such good advice on here do such valuable work. I don’t know what I would’ve done without this place….we’ll I do, I’d have spent 15 months panicking 😆

Fantastic news, look after it this time 😊

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off