License refused CDT 0.3% Please help

Convicted Driver Insurance
I guess DVLA has got a kind of magical instruction book which is doesn’t available to the public and they are making up their own minds and rules! That’s how I feel to be honest!??
Totally :rolleyes: We are in the same situation now and may need to prove another year abstaining from alcohol total when we thought we playing by the rules and following the correct guidelines.

Totally :rolleyes: We are in the same situation now and may need to prove another year abstaining from alcohol total when we thought we playing by the rules and following the correct guidelines.
Exactly! I’ve been punished done with that my fault fair enough! But punished again purely because no awareness of a magnificent change plus having a couple of drinks once a week makes me an alcohol dependent person and classifies me as unfit to drive it’s too much to handle??!! As I said I’m still fighting,waiting for the response from DVLA and then I’ll will send a letter to Tim Burton(head of department) as I can’t except this decision as I have been driving the last 5 years and since 2017 I’ve had the DVLA medical examination on a yearly basis which wasn’t causing any problems so how can I be unfit when they have got the medical records as my proof of not having any issues with alcohol?? Purely based on guidelines changed it doesn’t make my positive past completely disappear? Or is it?

Exactly! I’ve been punished done with that my fault fair enough! But punished again purely because no awareness of a magnificent change plus having a couple of drinks once a week makes me an alcohol dependent person and classifies me as unfit to drive it’s too much to handle??!! As I said I’m still fighting,waiting for the response from DVLA and then I’ll will send a letter to Tim Burton(head of department) as I can’t except this decision as I have been driving the last 5 years and since 2017 I’ve had the DVLA medical examination on a yearly basis which wasn’t causing any problems so how can I be unfit when they have got the medical records as my proof of not having any issues with alcohol?? Purely based on guidelines changed it doesn’t make my positive past completely disappear? Or is it?
Plus I’m hoping to find more people like us to be able to reach out to and my mission is to raise awareness of this issue as I believe that there are not just the two of us who are having this kind of issues?? I’m going to reach out as many platforms as I can to make sure someone will listen and will be able to help to make some changes??

Plus I’m hoping to find more people like us to be able to reach out to and my mission is to raise awareness of this issue as I believe that there are not just the two of us who are having this kind of issues?? I’m going to reach out as many platforms as I can to make sure someone will listen and will be able to help to make some changes??
I think we are the unlucky ones at least it will help new and existing members on this forum. Is your Gp hopeful you may get a positive outcome.

He didn’t say anything just couldn’t understand it at all either
After reading this thread i am more aware than i was this morning. I thought it was just myself that was in this position.

I will be requesting access to my medical records online over the weekend i have seen a thread on here how to go about doing that somewhere.

Will be speaking to Gp at some point soon and see if i can get a letter put together. 2 points i can look into my misuse not dependant classification and any past issues with alcohol well exceed 7 years.

After reading this thread i am more aware than i was this morning. I thought it was just myself that was in this position.

I will be requesting access to my medical records online over the weekend i have seen a thread on here how to go about doing that somewhere.

Will be speaking to Gp at some point soon and see if i can get a letter put together. 2 points i can look into my misuse not dependant classification and any past issues with alcohol well exceed 7 years.
If you can download the app “my Gp” you can access your medical documents without wasting time with DVLA as for them would take 30 working days (as I have found out from them) so keep digging! You might find something worth it

If you can download the app “my Gp” you can access your medical documents without wasting time with DVLA as for them would take 30 working days (as I have found out from them) so keep digging! You might find something worth it
Dont you need register before you can access your medical records

It’s quite a a long story but I’ll try my best make it short,hard though as I’m extremely frustrated and angry-so I’ve had a drink driving conviction in 2014 band for driving for 3 years-done,got my license back in 2017 so ever since I’ve got my yearly licence application including a DVLA medical assessment which wasn’t a problem at all the last 5 years! So I’ve been doing this procedure year by year! Now as it’s asking on the form “have you had alcohol dependency for the last 6 years “ said no and put that on my form that I do drink 2-3 units sometimes as I have been doing it the previous years which wasn’t a problem BUT this time my application was rejected as in 2021 guidelines has changed,obviously I wasn’t aware of that so I’m not fit for they new criteria as I was supposed to be complet absence

I take it this year (2022) should have been your final run of the dice with the six year medical process, if you were reinstated on the road in 2017?

CJ

ABSOLUTELY! Don’t ever be honest or truthful! Well done for being sober!!! Keep up and don’t drink EVER🤣as you will be punished the rest of your life anyway! I’m still fighting though! My Gp has written them a letter but who knows??? It might will take DVLA another 8 months for just digging it out from the pile

I completely agree with this - the DVLA, have now drawn another line in the sand as far as I'm concerned.

CJ

Plus DVLA told me that it’s not 6, it’s 7 years for some magical reason??

Has this changed now too? You'd think given how they claim to be understaffed and over worked, these idiots seem to be creating more unnecessary work for themselves.

CJ

My gp has written them already as he couldn’t understand it either! To be honest the whole case is so confusing and in my belief the decision is extremely harsh and unfair

I'd ask to see the GP's letter before it was sent to Swansea. I don't trust GP's no more than I trust the DVLA.

CJ

I take it this year (2022) should have been your final run of the dice with the six year medical process, if you were reinstated on the road in 2017?

CJ
That’s what I thought myself but the lady on the phone (DVLA) mentioned 7 years for some particular magic reason 🤷‍♀️

Has this changed now too? You'd think given how they claim to be understaffed and over worked, these idiots seem to be creating more unnecessary work for themselves.

CJ
Absolutely no clue? No information about anything really?

DO NOT, under any circumstances, share any information with anyone in an official position - doctor, nurse, policeman, radiographer, socail worker, council official, librarian, road-sweeper anyone about your drinking habits if you wan't to get your license back.

The DVLA are responsible for this. They've forced people to be dishonest. I hope they're proud of themselves.

DO NOT, under any circumstances, share any information with anyone in an official position - doctor, nurse, policeman, radiographer, socail worker, council official, librarian, road-sweeper anyone about your drinking habits if you wan't to get your license back.

The DVLA are responsible for this. They've forced people to be dishonest. I hope they're proud of themselves.
I do agree 100%!!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off