1 year medical license for at least 6 years....from when ?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi Jessica lala you will need a CDT blood test for as long as the DVLA decide on a yearly basis, you would have to drink or in your case be injected with a lot of alcohol over a substantial period to go over the limit of 3. If like me you would like peace of mind, Medichecks organise them ar a cost. They can usually be taken at your local hospital, in between operations and liver issues post op I have had one before every medical. Mine a negligible usually under 1.0. I am in this nightmare with you, but they hold all the cards with us being HRO'S good luck with the chemo 😉
Thank you, is 3 being the CDT result or do you mean 3 drinks? All I know is I'm not allowed to drive after my chemo because it puts me over the driving limit apparently! My last session of this round of chemo is the 22nd, so I was hoping to enjoy a tipple over the Christmas to celebrate before the next one starts! But I'm guessing my medical isn't going to fall this side of the new year! Can I drive under section 88? It's all very conflicting online about being a HRO, my gp was happy enough when I last saw her a couple of weeks ago

Hello. I'm a HRO, my 1 year licence runs out this month. My paperwork is currently with my gp, I missed the call but will hopefully be completed and sent back next week. But my question is, will a blood test be required as part of the medical or does it go off what the doctor puts? I'm currently undergoing chemotherapy and understand that it contains alcohol, would this likely effect my results? I believe I just need to demonstrate controlled drinking so unsure if it would make much difference?
I’ll follow this post as I could well be starting chemo in the near future. Just been diagnosed with pancreatic Cancer. And
Thank you, is 3 being the CDT result or do you mean 3 drinks? All I know is I'm not allowed to drive after my chemo because it puts me over the driving limit apparently! My last session of this round of chemo is the 22nd, so I was hoping to enjoy a tipple over the Christmas to celebrate before the next one starts! But I'm guessing my medical isn't going to fall this side of the new year! Can I drive under section 88? It's all very conflicting online about being a HRO, my gp was happy enough when I last saw her a couple of weeks ago
if you weren’t an HRO would you be able to drive regardless of the chemo?

Sorry to hear about this mate. Stay positive and fingers crossed all goes well for you. Don't let the shower of s**t at Swansea grind you down either.

CJ
I just ring them for entertainment now pal. Funny I’ve not been lied to this much since I was married? Hey ho….that’s a different story.

I just ring them for entertainment now pal. Funny I’ve not been lied to this much since I was married? Hey ho….that’s a different story.
All chemo will be different, mines for breast cancer. But I'm over half way through my first lot of weekly chemo (8 out of 12 today) and have managed ok with two young children along for the ride with me! Will then be another chemo once every 3 weeks for 4 sessions before surgery then radiotherapy. Just be sure to contact mcmillan who can offer a one off grant of £350 I think? And also your local cancer charity for any other support financial and well being. It's a bit of a shitty ride, but we've just got to get through it. I wish you well for your journey and recovery!

All chemo will be different, mines for breast cancer. But I'm over half way through my first lot of weekly chemo (8 out of 12 today) and have managed ok with two young children along for the ride with me! Will then be another chemo once every 3 weeks for 4 sessions before surgery then radiotherapy. Just be sure to contact mcmillan who can offer a one off grant of £350 I think? And also your local cancer charity for any other support financial and well being. It's a bit of a shitty ride, but we've just got to get through it. I wish you well for your journey and recovery!
Thank you so much for commenting, yeah mine is potentially pancreatic cancer. The next 4 days will tell the story. But I’m philosophical about it all, most of the time anyway. As you will well know, your emotions change from day to day. Sometimes I’m stubborn and determined. Others I just feel like lying down. Other days? I’m angry. All my life I’ve taken care of myself, I’m in better shape than most 20-30 year old guys. And just when I think I’m getting my life back, and my licence, this happens. So I get angry a lot.

Misuse was mentioned after my second medical as a reason for 1 year temp, when I asked why. Although it was clear from my notes I had stopped by then, and there is no specific in mention of misuse in my notes, elsewhere it wasn’t difficult to deduce that I was having problems at the time (mental health referrals etc.) and I’d probably been a little too honest with all parties up to that point, hoping for sympathy, when I was unlikely to get any without both honesty and change.

Third medical was the last one. 🙂 So yeah - a 1-yr temp for misuse can become a full 10 year again for a misuser, at the following medical. Just believe. :)
3 medicals! This must b different from drug driving

Thank you so much for commenting, yeah mine is potentially pancreatic cancer. The next 4 days will tell the story. But I’m philosophical about it all, most of the time anyway. As you will well know, your emotions change from day to day. Sometimes I’m stubborn and determined. Others I just feel like lying down. Other days? I’m angry. All my life I’ve taken care of myself, I’m in better shape than most 20-30 year old guys. And just when I think I’m getting my life back, and my licence, this happens. So I get angry a lot.
Prayers for you.. hope you get your license back, after everything your going threw

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off