CDT test booked

Convicted Driver Insurance
What I forgot to add was that the longer the abstinence and the lower the score, the more confident they’ll be in you go reissue a longer-term license.

And that is also not to mention how much better you’ll feel by the time that medical comes about. I stopped well before my second one, but I haven’t gone back. Life is so much better without alcohol dictating the pace. :)
Personally? I know this isn’t the message that I should portray, but since I’ve stopped drinking and smoking my body has fallen apart and I’ve felt like utter garbage. Despite the fact I started training again, eating healthy, living well. Lost 2 stone in weight, I feel like dog shit.
Which reminds me of something the great Dean Martin once said
“I feel sorry for all you people that don’t drink, cuz when you wake up in the morning…..that’s as good as you’re gonna feel all day” lol.
Mind you he also said, “You ain’t drunk if you can lie on the floor, without holding on”
I’m not sure Deano was the greatest advocate for sobriety 😂

Mctigue

My D1 was posted last October (2021) and I then completed my medical questionnaire a few weeks later that was returned in the post to the DVLA.

My 12 month temporary licence expired on the 21st January 2022 and I have been driving under Section 88 since then. The DVLA has since contacted my GP and I am still playing a waiting game.

It does sound like you have been waiting as long as I have!!!!

CJ
I waited over a year driving around merrily on S88. The renewal letter came through 1st July last year, I had my medical (third - and final :D ) in May this year, full license came back beginning of September I think (although they did back-date it).

I could have done more to chase them, but am simply too busy to spend hours on hold to SA99. Coincidentally though, it only happened to move whenever I did.

Frustrating as it was, the way I look at it is that at least I could still drive; and at least I guess many others more needy than I got theirs back sooner while I waited. Makes sense really because it made no material difference to me.

Personally? I know this isn’t the message that I should portray, but since I’ve stopped drinking and smoking my body has fallen apart and I’ve felt like utter garbage. Despite the fact I started training again, eating healthy, living well. Lost 2 stone in weight, I feel like dog shit.
Which reminds me of something the great Dean Martin once said
“I feel sorry for all you people that don’t drink, cuz when you wake up in the morning…..that’s as good as you’re gonna feel all day” lol.
Mind you he also said, “You ain’t drunk if you can lie on the floor, without holding on”
I’m not sure Deano was the greatest advocate for sobriety 😂
It’s the opposite for me. I’ve lost 2 stone, I thought I was going bald but turns out I’m not, and I sleep like I haven’t slept in 10 years. I’ve always got energy and I don’t really have off days anymore. There are other benefits too. ;) But the sleep is the best bit.

It’s the opposite for me. I’ve lost 2 stone, I thought I was going bald but turns out I’m not, and I sleep like I haven’t slept in 10 years. I’ve always got energy and I don’t really have off days anymore. There are other benefits too. ;) But the sleep is the best bit.
Oh don’t get me wrong, I’ve also lost two stone, I run between 3 and 5 miles a day. Having said all this, I have recently been diagnosed with a tumour on my pancreas and awaiting test results on Wednesday to see if it id cancerous. So maybe that’s why I feel terrible. Just when you think life is coming together, you get served another plate of misery. Off for another CT scan today. It’s all good fun 🤩

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’ve also lost two stone, I run between 3 and 5 miles a day. Having said all this, I have recently been diagnosed with a tumour on my pancreas and awaiting test results on Wednesday to see if it id cancerous. So maybe that’s why I feel terrible. Just when you think life is coming together, you get served another plate of misery. Off for another CT scan today. It’s all good fun 🤩

Hopefully it’ll all go well. Fingers crossed for you.

My sister-in-law nearly died of a pancreatic cyst (something like 13cm x 6cm when they finally identified and removed it). Which given that she was in her 20s and not overweight was quite a shock. She’d been ill for months/years even before, but it had become critical, and for a while we had no clue what was wrong with her. Even they had no clue what it was at first it was so difficult to diagnose (how at that size I don’t know 🤣) and of course we all suspected the worst because she fell ill so fast.

I think she was in hospital 9 months because of that and the complications it caused (down to bad diet they suspected). But now, apart from fibromyalgia which she’s always had, she’s fine, and was back working full time again a few months later. So good luck mate :D

Hopefully it’ll all go well. Fingers crossed for you.

My sister-in-law nearly died of a pancreatic cyst (something like 13cm x 6cm when they finally identified and removed it). Which given that she was in her 20s and not overweight was quite a shock. She’d been ill for months/years even before, but it had become critical, and for a while we had no clue what was wrong with her. Even they had no clue what it was at first it was so difficult to diagnose (how at that size I don’t know 🤣) and of course we all suspected the worst because she fell ill so fast.

I think she was in hospital 9 months because of that and the complications it caused (down to bad diet they suspected). But now, apart from fibromyalgia which she’s always had, she’s fine, and was back working full time again a few months later. So good luck mate :D
DVLA just rang me, after a month they have discovered that my gp didn’t fill in the eye test part of the form. Do now I have to go and have an eye test and download another d4 form, have either the gp or optometrist fill it in. Then presumably wait another month or two before I hear anything. Absolute shower of f*****g s**t faced co*****ers it’s enough to give you tourettes

DVLA just rang me, after a month they have discovered that my gp didn’t fill in the eye test part of the form. Do now I have to go and have an eye test and download another d4 form, have either the gp or optometrist fill it in. Then presumably wait another month or two before I hear anything. Absolute shower of f*****g s**t faced co*****ers it’s enough to give you tourettes

Bummer. :(

Ironically, maybe he didn’t see it?

T
That's just ridiculous. They are the worst

Bummer. :(

Ironically, maybe he didn’t see it?
Well, despite DVLA’s best efforts. I’ve managed to book an eye test first thing tomorrow morning. And the opticians have downloaded a D4 eye test form and will fill it in there and then, and even email it directly back to DVLA immediately. DVLA rang me, ok so they sat on it for a month, but really it was my GP’s fault for not being arsed to fill in the form correctly, and she mearly put the opticians report in the envelope saying it was DVLA’s responsibility to fill in the details on to the D4 form. Which I knew to be wrong. So now I have to pay 35 quid for an eye test and 15 for the optician to fill in the D4 eye test supplement. So I will be invoicing my GP fir 50 quid. Because I’d already paid 95 for my medical and she didn’t complete the form correctly because she was lazy. DVLA told me to email it back to them immediately as they were waiting to issue Medical letter. They also confirmed that if the medical is passed with no issues they will probably not contact my GP for further information as all the information they would ask for has already been answered on the D4 form except the aforementioned eye test. So at least a little encouragement.

Yes, at least it’s a fast fix. I wasn’t sure that was even possible for the DVLA. I’m mean normally it takes a lot of people to sit down and talk about these things a lot first, and then write you you about it a week or so later. So at least it moved faster than usual.

Obviously I don’t for one moment encourage this, but I wonder what would happen if you turned up and passed the eye test wankered?

Yes, at least it’s a fast fix. I wasn’t sure that was even possible for the DVLA. I’m mean normally it takes a lot of people to sit down and talk about these things a lot first, and then write you you about it a week or so later. So at least it moved faster than usual.

Obviously I don’t for one moment encourage this, but I wonder what would happen if you turned up and passed the eye test wankered?
Lol I have no idea, 10am a bit early for me, although it is a weekend 😂

Sorry to hear that my friend. Fingers crossed you are okay and get through it. At least you come across as a fighter.

CJ

Hi all, CDT test booked for 7th of DEC. Have been drinking fairly daily, maybe 6 pints of stella most days. Am I likely to be under the threshold if I abstain until my test? Thanks
hi,i abstained for 6 weeks before the medical,was binge drinking on a weekend,my cdt reading came back at 0.8.which according to dvla was little or no alchohol consumption,they still wanted to contact my doctor,which delayed my liscence for 5 weeks after my ban had finished,if you have been to your doctors with a drink issue they will find it,i went for a medical check up about 5 years ago and they asked me about my drinking habits,and i said i tend to binge on a weekend.
i applied for all the info dvla held on me and it was on the report,i am a 5"8" male around 15 stone in good health,cheers and good luck

Hi all, CDT test booked for 7th of DEC. Have been drinking fairly daily, maybe 6 pints of stella most days. Am I likely to be under the threshold if I abstain until my test? Thanks
Hi, I’ve had the medical 3 times. Firstly I don’t drink drive anymore. My yearly medical is March . I tend to drink a fair bit over Christmas ie 2 bottles of wine a day. I always abstain for 4 weeks prior to the test 0.9 every time! However everyone is different. I would say 4-5 weeks of abstinence is pretty safe. Good luck

(I bet it’s those rotten bastards who don’t suffer hangovers who make up the former
I think I might fall into that category, not sure if it's a good thing or not, there's not much deterrent without a hangover.

Hi, I’ve had the medical 3 times. Firstly I don’t drink drive anymore. My yearly medical is March . I tend to drink a fair bit over Christmas ie 2 bottles of wine a day. I always abstain for 4 weeks prior to the test 0.9 every time! However everyone is different. I would say 4-5 weeks of abstinence is pretty safe. Good luck

Evening Jim

Can I ask - have you had long waits between your respective medicals each year?

I've so far done one DVLA medical in November 2020, at the conclusion of my DD ban. I was then awarded a 12 month temporary licence that expired in January this year (2022).

I am assuming I will be doing my second DVLA medical in due course (I technically should have done it in late 2021). I am really hoping that I do eventually get a longer licence eventually as I am get really miffed about this whole shambles with the DVLA.

CJ

Hi all, just updating everybody. I had booked my test on the 2nd and up until that moment had been drinking fairly regularly. So I began abstinence. I then had an event on the 5th of nov and we had a few drinks. Come the 10th I took the bloods for my medichecks blood test. Results are in today and I’ve came in at 1.1. My
Test isn’t until the 8th of dec. which is a relief.

My previous results from medichecks were 0.8 feb 2021. I’d drank over Christmas but if I remember correctly I had really cut down and then abstained. Dvla result was also 0.8 back then.

Hi all, just updating everybody. I had booked my test on the 2nd and up until that moment had been drinking fairly regularly. So I began abstinence. I then had an event on the 5th of nov and we had a few drinks. Come the 10th I took the bloods for my medichecks blood test. Results are in today and I’ve came in at 1.1. My
Test isn’t until the 8th of dec. which is a relief.

My previous results from medichecks were 0.8 feb 2021. I’d drank over Christmas but if I remember correctly I had really cut down and then abstained. Dvla result was also 0.8 back then.

mctigue

The 2nd December is a fortnight tomorrow (Friday), so as long as you don't touch any more alcohol you should be fine with the CDT.

CJ

mctigue

The 2nd December is a fortnight tomorrow (Friday), so as long as you don't touch any more alcohol you should be fine with the CDT.

CJ
Test is actually 3 weeks away today, which puts me in good spirits. No I wouldn’t dream of touching any alcohol on the run up to my test.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off