DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Does anyone have any ideas on how to speed up the DVLA lol! Its been nearly 6 weeks since my medical, and they told me this morning they haven't even decided if they are going to contact my GP.
Is it worth making a complaint?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to speed up the DVLA lol! Its been nearly 6 weeks since my medical, and they told me this morning they haven't even decided if they are going to contact my GP.
Wow that’s really shitty, I’ve not even had my medical yet. DVLA seemed to have picked up for a while and seemed to be getting through the backlog that they alone had created. Sadly they have reverted to type now. My ban is up 8th December. They’ve had everything for a month or so now. Still not a word on a medical. Shower of shite

They probably will contact them.. I think them saying they haven't made a decision is just to have a excuse to why your situation hasn't been sorted

I’m 7 weeks on from my medical and my gp has has only just been contacted. It’s about the norm tbh

Mine was blood test
I received my letter today from the DVLA in which I need to sign an send back authorizing them to contact my GP

I've have also spoken to my GP and they have said they will contact me before filling out any forms or questionnaires which is helpful.

Who knows how long it will take from here on ?

I received my letter today from the DVLA in which I need to sign an send back authorizing them to contact my GP

I've have also spoken to my GP and they have said they will contact me before filling out any forms or questionnaires which is helpful.

Who knows how long it will take from here on ?
I received a letter from the DVLA telling me they were contacting my GP, I wasn't asked to give written permission. This was in 2021, so I don't know if they have changed their procedures.

In my opinion this will simply delay the process further.

I received a letter from the DVLA telling me they were contacting my GP, I wasn't asked to give written permission. This was in 2021, so I don't know if they have changed their procedures.

In my opinion this will simply delay the process further.
I gave permission for them to contact my GP at my CDT medical it was on form I had to fill out.

I have just called DVLA- they said my form had been passed to the medical team when I called two weeks ago, then today when I spoke to them after a 40 minute wait the person said she had just passed it through now and not to bother calling back for a couple of weeks as it was unlikely anything will change soon. My ban is up at the beginning of January and would really like to get this sorted, it’s so frustrating. Please does anyone have any good news/messages of hope? It feels like my life is on hold.

I have just called DVLA- they said my form had been passed to the medical team when I called two weeks ago, then today when I spoke to them after a 40 minute wait the person said she had just passed it through now and not to bother calling back for a couple of weeks as it was unlikely anything will change soon. My ban is up at the beginning of January and would really like to get this sorted, it’s so frustrating. Please does anyone have any good news/messages of hope? It feels like my life is on hold.
4 weeks ago I was told all my forms were with the medical department. Busy making a decision regarding a medical. My ban is up 8th December. And yesterday they tell me it hasn’t been looked at yet. They’ve had a month to look at it. They just say they are snowed under. It’s a waste of time calling the lying is innate to the dvla

4 weeks ago I was told all my forms were with the medical department. Busy making a decision regarding a medical. My ban is up 8th December. And yesterday they tell me it hasn’t been looked at yet. They’ve had a month to look at it. They just say they are snowed under. It’s a waste of time calling the lying is innate to the dvla
So annoying! Do you think calling them to chase up helps at all?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off