Medical - cdt level requirements

Convicted Driver Insurance
Yes scored 3.2% just got back from holiday
Hi Guys, has anyone ever been for the CDT test and a had a reading of 3.0. My husband and I where on holiday and his test was the following Thursday and we only thought this test was similar to when your are tested after the event so his licence has been refused as he was 0.1% above what they allow. Can he apply straight away or does he have to wait for a period ? There is a letter for his to provide his GP, however, hes never had any history of alcohol abuse or missuse so i dont think this is applicable and wondered if he started to abstain now could he apply again
Any help is appreciated please

Hi Guys, has anyone ever been for the CDT test and a had a reading of 3.0. My husband and I where on holiday and his test was the following Thursday and we only thought this test was similar to when your are tested after the event so his licence has been refused as he was 0.1% above what they allow. Can he apply straight away or does he have to wait for a period ? There is a letter for his to provide his GP, however, hes never had any history of alcohol abuse or missuse so i dont think this is applicable and wondered if he started to abstain now could he apply again
Any help is appreciated please
Of yous are in England you can appeal with in 6 months. In Scotland it is 21 days I think

We are in Scotland but the appeal process is via a Court. What i was askiing is can you not just reapply and go for the CDT again or will the DVLA refuse it ?

We are in Scotland but the appeal process is via a Court. What i was askiing is can you not just reapply and go for the CDT again or will the DVLA refuse it ?
When he was refused, they will have written and said either he is classed as alcohol dependent or alcohol misuse. If it was misuse, he has to show (prove) drinking within government guidelines for at least 6 months before he can reapply. If he is classed as dependent, he needs to prove at least 12 months complete alcohol abstinence. The best way of proving things is having a GP on board. Register with them a date of last drink, and get a couple of LFT's carried out (every 3 months or so) to show liver health either in the normalised range, or going in the right direction.

Don't think that he was 0.1% above what they allow, they take a view based on a so called traffic light system, anyone with a level over 1.6% is liable for further investigation, and sometimes over 1.0% if the person has previously been suspected as being alcohol dependent. It isn't a straight pass or fail based on a figure, it is part of a bigger decision based on information they already have, information from other agencies (such as GP, police etc.) and information provided in the questionnaire. If the questionnaire doesn't marry up with other information it opens further investigation.

No you can't tgs same happened to me, I came from holiday and blood test came back over 3.1 I didn't realised it was so serious Im in Scotland and should have appealed straight away but missed the 3 week deadline. You have to go in front of the sheriff in court to appeal

No you can't tgs same happened to me, I came from holiday and blood test came back over 3.1 I didn't realised it was so serious Im in Scotland and should have appealed straight away but missed the 3 week deadline. You have to go in front of the sheriff in court to appeal
They banned me for an extra year because I was classes as dependant on alcohol or what ever crap they say. Only because I came from holiday I that amount of alcohol in my blood

They banned me for an extra year because I was classes as dependant on alcohol or what ever crap they say. Only because I came from holiday I that amount of alcohol in my blood
CDT is raised over a period of time of excess alcohol intake. Only drinking heavily over a 2 week holiday would raise your levels, but not to 3% or above. This is an indication of prolonged heavy drinking...

I finally had my medical on 18th. Just a waiting game now 🤞🤞🤞 doc was very quick, blood, money, questionnaire took my weight and got me to hold my hands out in front of me and looked at my chest? Then I was out

CDT is raised over a period of time of excess alcohol intake. Only drinking heavily over a 2 week holiday would raise your levels, but not to 3% or above. This is an indication of prolonged heavy drinking...
I wasn't on holiday for two weeks I was holiday for the world cup

So you have to not live a normal life ? Best of it was his ban was a DR80 which is drugs not drink. We’re so confused
As hard as it is to endure for some, it’s only 4-6 weeks abstinence, which you have sufficient notice to do something about.

If people can’t abstain for just that length of time, I’d question whether they were indeed right to have their license back.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off