CDT Test (Carbohydrate Deficient Transferrin)

Convicted Driver Insurance
Well, got back from a bit of a weekend away. Heavy weekend too and found another DVLA letter on the mat. This one adding the CDT test on top of the urinalysis. That would have been only 10 days notice! I called and rearranged the date of the medical till mid September.
Sneaky buggers!
Many apoplexy want the appt asap

I drank regularly and gave myself 30 days off. And I mean i did drink all sorts, Got a result of 0.8 cdt, you can answer no to every question and the dvla will want more sometimes, contacted my GP. Everyone is different. Got a full 10 year license back after a 33 month driving ban 🙃

My ban was up April this year and after months of waiting I finally have a valid driving license!!! But only until August 2025, would anyone know the reason for this?

My ban was up April this year and after months of waiting I finally have a valid driving license!!! But only until August 2025, would anyone know the reason for this?
It's because that is when your previous 10 year licence would have run out. It is a full licence, you just need to update your photo in Aug 25.

Would anyone be able go give an estimated result for 6 months and 12 months after my initial result of 0.6% in February?
I was refused licence due to having a drink, yes 1 drink. Which I should have just said I haven't, but honesty is the best policy they say. This drink was on New Years Eve. So going forward, what result would I expect? I still haven't had a drink.

Would anyone be able go give an estimated result for 6 months and 12 months after my initial result of 0.6% in February?
I was refused licence due to having a drink, yes 1 drink. Which I should have just said I haven't, but honesty is the best policy they say. This drink was on New Years Eve. So going forward, what result would I expect? I still haven't had a drink.
I had a result of 0.8 and got my licence back, find it strange you've been denied it on a lower score and admitting 1 drink.. I drink and not to the excess i use to but gave myself 30 days alcohol free to get that result before my medical

I had a result of 0.8 and got my licence back, find it strange you've been denied it on a lower score and admitting 1 drink.. I drink and not to the excess i use to but gave myself 30 days alcohol free to get that result before my medical
More information regarding it, I had a history of dependence (for like 6 months) but reported the changes to my GP. The GP said I should have had licence back though as the information they gave said I was no longer dependant and definitely within the DVLA guidelines.
The rejection letter said to have one year abstinence, which would be on New Years day 2023. So they have no excuses now, as I don't have any plans to have a drink.
I was just curious to know what my score would be at that point.

I was given my licence back after admitting to drinking 2-3 drinks once or twice a month, after 18 days abstaining, had a result of 1%, so that is a bit odd, did they contact your GP by any chance?

I was given my licence back after admitting to drinking 2-3 drinks once or twice a month, after 18 days abstaining, had a result of 1%, so that is a bit odd, did they contact your GP by any chance?
Yeah they did mate. Took ages too. Don't worry I was as confused and disappointed with the fact they rejected it myself. I sent a complaint immediately.

More information regarding it, I had a history of dependence (for like 6 months) but reported the changes to my GP. The GP said I should have had licence back though as the information they gave said I was no longer dependant and definitely within the DVLA guidelines.
The rejection letter said to have one year abstinence, which would be on New Years day 2023. So they have no excuses now, as I don't have any plans to have a drink.
I suspect there is no way of knowing your score , although it would not be more , surely? My score was .4 after over 18 months of abstinence. I do think however that individual physiology plays a part .

After 12 months requested of no alcohol you'll smash a test, someone posted no alcoholic can give up long enough to pass the cdt test, which is why it's done. A member on here got a 0.2 no alcohol at all in 18 months i think? Everyone is different but good luck and happy driving when you eventually get there.

Any record with your GP about drinking excessively is a red flag,so honestly isn't always the best policy,you need a stopped drinking date supported by at least 2 lft results to substantiate your claim (unfairly in your case) then another CDT of less than 1.0 and that's it,never mention even a chocolate liquor to them, nothing,zero,good luck

The Medichecks test - as guesswork, as they don't reveal the method they use - isn't as accurate as the DVLA method, but for what you are using it for, an indicative test, it will be good enough - as it is close enough to what the DVLA value will be.

Essentially, there are four tests to determine CDT - three older ones, and one newer, more expensive, and more accurate one. The DVLA use the latter. That doesn't mean the three cheaper tests won't give an accurate enough result for what you need.
My test from medichecks said they couldnt give me any results though, as i am one of the 2% of people that have a genetic mutation of transferrin. I was asking if that condition would also affect my dvla test and further delay any decision by them, or do they use another test that wont be affected by the mutation

Sent my application in on Feb 20th . Licence ended in April. I have only just had my medical on Monday. I have been abstinent for 3 years now. My last test result was 0.5. I had to pay to renew my license last time, £75 it think. Do you need to pay again for it? I've only jad 1 LFT and that was in Dec 2019 and I lied and said I was concerned about my liver being damaged through drink otherwise they wouldn't give me one. They don't just do the LFT on request. At least at my docs .

Sent my application in on Feb 20th . Licence ended in April. I have only just had my medical on Monday. I have been abstinent for 3 years now. My last test result was 0.5. I had to pay to renew my license last time, £75 it think. Do you need to pay again for it? I've only jad 1 LFT and that was in Dec 2019 and I lied and said I was concerned about my liver being damaged through drink otherwise they wouldn't give me one. They don't just do the LFT on request. At least at my docs .
My docs are exact the same. There is a huge gap between dvla and your gp. Unfortunately neither one of them give a fk

Hi Guys, has anyone ever been for the CDT test and a had a reading of 3.0. My husband and I where on holiday and his test was the following Thursday and we only thought this test was similar to when your are tested after the event so his licence has been refused as he was 0.1% above what they allow. Can he apply straight away or does he have to wait for a period ? There is a letter for his to provide his GP, however, hes never had any history of alcohol abuse or missuse so i dont think this is applicable and wondered if he started to abstain now could he apply again
Any help is appreciated please

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off