Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
Picking my car up this Saturday!! VW Golf GT tdi 2.0.
Insurance was £540 fully comp, ideal.
Got a pay rise already, £20ph now which will help me pay off the car which my friend is giving me on 0% finance!!
Gonna be nice to be able to drive to work, so much easier. I’ve had 6 years of buses & trains, total ball ache!!
The punishment isn’t the ban, it’s the medical & being patient!!
Good luck to everyone who’s waiting. I’m an ex drug user who got done for 2 drink drives 6 days apart. I’m on pregabalin for a back injury. So there’s hope for you all trust me 😂
March applied for licence
May received letter to book medical
June did medical for bloods
End of June GP contacted & DG1 completed
July told need to do piss test
August did 2nd medical for piss test
September got 1 year licence

Again good luck to you all…
Fab good luck to u x

Well after checking online religiously every morning noon and night, I've just checked now and have been granted a 1yr license as of midnight tonight. I had my medical on 15th August, so it's taken 5 weeks from the date of the medical for them to contact my GP, make a decision and grant me a 1yr license. Even though it's only a 12 month one, I'm over the moon! Just need to look for insurance now as I'm away for the weekend and can't get out on the road until Monday.

I was a HRO (two convictions, 2yrs apart) so if anyone wants to ask any questions about my experience, go for it.

Well after checking online religiously every morning noon and night, I've just checked now and have been granted a 1yr license as of midnight tonight. I had my medical on 15th August, so it's taken 5 weeks from the date of the medical for them to contact my GP, make a decision and grant me a 1yr license. Even though it's only a 12 month one, I'm over the moon! Just need to look for insurance now as I'm away for the weekend and can't get out on the road until Monday.

I was a HRO (two convictions, 2yrs apart) so if anyone wants to ask any questions about my experience, go for it.
Congratulations 🎉

My one year licence is up in November, do I need to get a form to reapply or do dvla send it? Does anyone know if I'm still required to have a medical of I'm receiving chemotherapy or if I'll need to wait until chemotherapy has finished? I don't know if there's such a thing as a temporary licence until it can be carried out with just gp input?

Sent my application off in June… questionnaire has been with my GP since 2nd September but they have a backlog and can’t give a timescale on when they will reply to the DVLA. Still haven’t had my medical yet. How unfortunate that we must navigate the two most useless, slow, unhelpful bodies (DVLA/GP). 😫

Sent my application off in June… questionnaire has been with my GP since 2nd September but they have a backlog and can’t give a timescale on when they will reply to the DVLA. Still haven’t had my medical yet. How unfortunate that we must navigate the two most useless, slow, unhelpful bodies (DVLA/GP). 😫
Can you drive on a section 88 or are you applying after a ban.

I’m same wrote to doctors first ? No medical yet delay said depends on drs response which I find confusing
dr not recd letter but Dvla said send 2nd class and can take two weeks plus postal strike it’s never ending x

I’m same wrote to doctors first ? No medical yet delay said depends on drs response which I find confusing
dr not recd letter but Dvla said send 2nd class and can take two weeks plus postal strike it’s never ending x
It’s a shambles!

It’s a shambles!
i know
doctors sent letter back same day which was tuesday
spoke to dvla got to wait 10working days for it now to be scanned onto system before they reply whether i need another medical which i am assuming i will so still abstaining tuned down a few nights out lol x

i know
doctors sent letter back same day which was tuesday
spoke to dvla got to wait 10working days for it now to be scanned onto system before they reply whether i need another medical which i am assuming i will so still abstaining tuned down a few nights out lol x
I got my letter informing me of them going to the GP exactly 4 weeks after the medical.. chased every other day as my DVLA doc sent the documents back the same day also!

I got my letter informing me of them going to the GP exactly 4 weeks after the medical.. chased every other day as my DVLA doc sent the documents back the same day also!
They take the piss am in same situation 2 weeks my medical not heard nothing

They take the piss am in same situation 2 weeks my medical not heard nothing
I chased every other day, got told different stuff was scanned/not scanned and in the end letter was sent out but took over a week to arrive with me and the doctors are saying they still don’t have theirs 🙄

Sure it will get sorted soon just frustrating when I’m weeks over the end date of my ban as I’m sure others/you are.

I chased every other day, got told different stuff was scanned/not scanned and in the end letter was sent out but took over a week to arrive with me and the doctors are saying they still don’t have theirs 🙄

Sure it will get sorted soon just frustrating when I’m weeks over the end date of my ban as I’m sure others/you are.
Takes the piss mate they are a joke they were pretty quick with me up until this point now since medical its just silence if they are sending a letter to my Dr just do it ffs if not send me my license

Mine was up 29th of July,but went to court to get it lifted early so am pretty chilled about the wait I got a year and half knocked off my sentence but if I done a full ban I would be fuming is your ban up like.
No mate mine ain’t up until Dec 8th. I went to court to get mine lifted also in January this year. I’d been working for charity delivering food parcel’s etc. And the manager of the charity wrote a letter to the court almost begging for me to have my licence back early. So I could reach more people in the community as I’d been delivering on foot. The court didn’t offer me a drink driving course. And refused when my solicitor asked. So I took one myself for educational purposes only. I also sent a copy of that to the court. I also paid for another private college course, studying the effects of drug and alcohol abuse in the community etc etc. I also provided three cdt tests to the court, highest one being 0.7 I also provided a letter from my old employer of 15 years saying what a great guy I was (and detailed me suffering from a near death experience and losing my wife of 30 years) and described me as salt of the earth, almost describing me as family.
The sheriff? He basically said to me “nice letters very well prepared but I’m happy for you to serve the rest of your ban…..goodbye”
Absolute entitled jobsworth B’Tard. I really couldn’t have done any more. There was no point in me applying or appealing, as he would have been the one to consider the appeal. I’m glad yours was successful. Even the police in the court followed me out and said, and I quote word for word
“Wtf was that about? Have you shagged his missis?” I replied no, dunno what is was about. The police said “you need to appeal mate that’s bang out of order”
No point!

No mate mine ain’t up until Dec 8th. I went to court to get mine lifted also in January this year. I’d been working for charity delivering food parcel’s etc. And the manager of the charity wrote a letter to the court almost begging for me to have my licence back early. So I could reach more people in the community as I’d been delivering on foot. The court didn’t offer me a drink driving course. And refused when my solicitor asked. So I took one myself for educational purposes only. I also sent a copy of that to the court. I also paid for another private college course, studying the effects of drug and alcohol abuse in the community etc etc. I also provided three cdt tests to the court, highest one being 0.7 I also provided a letter from my old employer of 15 years saying what a great guy I was (and detailed me suffering from a near death experience and losing my wife of 30 years) and described me as salt of the earth, almost describing me as family.
The sheriff? He basically said to me “nice letters very well prepared but I’m happy for you to serve the rest of your ban…..goodbye”
Absolute entitled jobsworth B’Tard. I really couldn’t have done any more. There was no point in me applying or appealing, as he would have been the one to consider the appeal. I’m glad yours was successful. Even the police in the court followed me out and said, and I quote word for word
“Wtf was that about? Have you shagged his missis?” I replied no, dunno what is was about. The police said “you need to appeal mate that’s bang out of order”
No point!
Jesus thats **** mate I got 3 really nice magistrates luck of the draw I suppose but thats bang out of order all that stuff I didn't have half of that and they knocked off a year and half

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off