Reapplying for license after 1st temp one runs out

Convicted Driver Insurance
I'm here as we speak at Southport medical centre,bring change for the parking machines!
Will report back after I've been seen
Just been for my medical,all was well until the blood test,the Doctor could not find a vein!
After 3 attempts he managed to succeed, using a "baby needle"

If you may have thin veins then drink plenty of water before the medical (his advice) and also request the smaller needle in advance,as I've read posts on here where a license has been denied through this...

One other thing is medication, update your GP regularly,as a mental health question, where I would have said no,due to being previously prescribed mirtazapine ,this is an anti anxiety medication,so on his advice I answered yes, this should not affect the application.

Let's see how long DVLA now take!!

Just been for my medical,all was well until the blood test,the Doctor could not find a vein!

If you may have thin veins then drink plenty of water before the medical (his advice) and also request the smaller needle in advance,as I've read posts on here where a license has been denied through this...

One other thing is medication, update your GP regularly,as a mental health question, where I would have said no,due to being previously prescribed mirtazapine ,this is an anti anxiety medication,so on his advice I answered yes, this should not affect the application.

I put down that I take citalopram for "general anxiety and depression" and it had no impact on me getting my first conditional licence.

I put down that I take citalopram for "general anxiety and depression" and it had no impact on me getting my first conditional licence.
That’s good to know, I had taken citilopram for a short time, last on my prescription in May 2021 so should have no bearing on my application. Thanks.

Hopefully Chrism the DVLA will make a decision once your blood results are in. Have they already written to your GP?

Let's hope you get a slightly longer licence this time, rather than putting up with this farce again a year from now.

CJ

That’s good to know, I had taken citilopram for a short time, last on my prescription in May 2021 so should have no bearing on my application. Thanks.

Coostie

Day to day mental issues like low level anxiety, stress and depression should not prevent anyone from driving, unless there are side effects from prescribed medication.

Given the Covid pandemic we lived through in 2020/21, at least half of the UK population have suffered with some ellement of their mental health, whether it be through the death of a loved one or being confined to the house for X numbed of weeks.

I generally think the DVLA does accept and understand that everyone can be affected by stress and depression, so it shouldn't hinder the licence process.

CJ

Hopefully Chrism the DVLA will make a decision once your blood results are in. Have they already written to your GP?

Let's hope you get a slightly longer licence this time, rather than putting up with this farce again a year from now.

CJ
Hi CJ yes they wrote prior to my medical,so a slight contradiction on my part, stating no to any mental health issues,then when asked the same question at Southport the doctor advised I (he) put yes due to DVLA already having my medical information, which is no big deal..
The only other thing was how many drinks did I have on my last drinking session/time?
Not a clue as 2019,but on reflection I'm sure I put either 6 or 8 units on my last medical..
So the medical was height, weight,chest examination (again),no blood pressure,urine test, question about medication for alcohol, last 6 years...I'm guessing detox meds,so no...
That was it,now down to DVLA

Hi CJ yes they wrote prior to my medical,so a slight contradiction on my part, stating no to any mental health issues,then when asked the same question at Southport the doctor advised I (he) put yes due to DVLA already having my medical information, which is no big deal..
The only other thing was how many drinks did I have on my last drinking session/time?
Not a clue as 2019,but on reflection I'm sure I put either 6 or 8 units on my last medical..
So the medical was height, weight,chest examination (again),no blood pressure,urine test, question about medication for alcohol, last 6 years...I'm guessing detox meds,so no...

Sounds like you'll get your next licence pretty soon.

I'm going to chase my own GP up again in the next week or two. They simply cannot just leave the DVLA medical form in their pigeon hole and ignore it for X number of months, despite how busy they are.

I take it the Southport GP didn't badger you for any fees? We shouldn't be paying this time round.

CJ

Does the urine test get sent away?

Last time I only had bloods taken and they specifically asked if it was a blood, urine test or both that I needed when I booked my medical.

The DVLA form stated that only blood was required.

I find it almost impossible to pee under any sort of pressure 😂.

Sounds like you'll get your next licence pretty soon.

I'm going to chase my own GP up again in the next week or two. They simply cannot just leave the DVLA medical form in their pigeon hole and ignore it for X number of months, despite how busy they are.

I take it the Southport GP didn't badger you for any fees? We shouldn't be paying this time round.

CJ
We are a cash cow…..everyone makes money on us

Does the urine test get sent away?

Last time I only had bloods taken and they specifically asked if it was a blood, urine test or both that I needed when I booked my medical.

The DVLA form stated that only blood was required.

I find it almost impossible to pee under any sort of pressure 😂.
Sorry I didn't post correctly,I wasn't asked for a urine sample...
No history of drug use on my GP records,so no need for a pee test..
Hope that helps

Sorry I didn't post correctly,I wasn't asked for a urine sample...
No history of drug use on my GP records,so no need for a pee test..
Hope that helps
Thank you, it does help.

I've no history of drug use and assume that's why I wasn't asked for one first time round.

I checked myself into rehab for alcohol addiction and they take urine samples every day.

I'd be bursting but as soon as it was time to give the sample, I just could not go 😂.

Thank you, it does help.

I've no history of drug use and assume that's why I wasn't asked for one first time round.

I checked myself into rehab for alcohol addiction and they take urine samples every day.

I'd be bursting but as soon as it was time to give the sample, I just could not go 😂.
Rehabs use urine testing as a non invasive screening for drug and possibly recent alcohol intake, however if you had a detox then a benzo type substance would show positive as that's what they use (librium),THC, cocaine, opiates,speed,not sure of the other types,I would imagine that DVLA test for these as they stay in your pee longer than alcohol,but not in blood?
Spent too much time on Google lol

Rehabs use urine testing as a non invasive screening for drug and possibly recent alcohol intake, however if you had a detox then a benzo type substance would show positive as that's what they use (librium),THC, cocaine, opiates,speed,not sure of the other types,I would imagine that DVLA test for these as they stay in your pee longer than alcohol,but not in blood?
Spent too much time on Google lol
I was detoxed using diazepam but had never taken it before.

Routine breathalysers and urine tests are just part of being in rehab but doing a benzo detox didn't result in the DVLA drug screening me.

They wrote to my GP and to my consultant from The Priory, so there will have been no mention of drug abuse from them.

It's not the results I'm worried about, though, it's the ability to produce a sample.

If no urine sample was taken last year then I see no reason for them to take one this time, as I've been completely clean and my GP records won't suggest otherwise.

I was detoxed using diazepam but had never taken it before.

Routine breathalysers and urine tests are just part of being in rehab but doing a benzo detox didn't result in the DVLA drug screening me.

They wrote to my GP and to my consultant from The Priory, so there will have been no mention of drug abuse from them.

It's not the results I'm worried about, though, it's the ability to produce a sample.

If no urine sample was taken last year then I see no reason for them to take one this time, as I've been completely clean and my GP records won't suggest otherwise.
Hi again,all I can say is drink loads of water prior,so if necessary you can pee,plus it helps with narrow or limited veins.
With no drug use on your history there will be no requirement to do a urine test, however better to be safe than sorry

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off