Secone One year (HRO) Licence refused after having it back for a year+5 months section 88

Convicted Driver Insurance

foolishfriend

Hi I was banned for 18 months as a HRO in 2016. In September 2020 I got a 1-year licence after passing my medical - I hadn't drunk for over two years. Unfortunately, I relapsed with my alcohol problem and in April I went into rehab for a month which cost 8 grand, to try to sort things properly. Because my much-delayed application went to my GP who disclosed the rehab (which was only right) my application for year 2 was refused and I am classed as alcohol dependent.

Rehab was the best thing I could have done, and I haven't felt the urge to drink since I came out at the beginning of May. I can apply again after a year dry.

My question is will this period of rehab count for or against me when I apply for my licence again, assuming I prove through regular blood tests by GP that I have stayed on the straight and narrow. For good I sincerely hope.

Hi I was banned for 18 months as a HRO in 2016. In September 2020 I got a 1-year licence after passing my medical - I hadn't drunk for over two years. Unfortunately, I relapsed with my alcohol problem and in April I went into rehab for a month which cost 8 grand, to try to sort things properly. Because my much-delayed application went to my GP who disclosed the rehab (which was only right) my application for year 2 was refused and I am classed as alcohol dependent.

Rehab was the best thing I could have done, and I haven't felt the urge to drink since I came out at the beginning of May. I can apply again after a year dry.

My question is will this period of rehab count for or against me when I apply for my licence again, assuming I prove through regular blood tests by GP that I have stayed on the straight and narrow. For good I sincerely hope.
Fair play mate, regular blood tests before your first year plus obviously a decent CDT when you have a DVLA medical and you will be good to go, albeit back to a 1 year license...then repeat,the second year doesn't require evidence of regular lft results, however if you can get them done every few months then that's a bonus..
A lot of people who do a private rehab don't want their GP knowing,thus avoiding the situation that you are going through...
You have been completely transparent and I'm sure will get the full support from your own GP when applying for your license, this in turn will be seen positively with DVLA (I hope), with no grounds to refuse you.
Well done with your sobriety!

Thanks for the reassuring comments. I can reapply in April and hopefully the DVLA delays (which I think have improved already) will be better by then so hopefully I might be back on the road by late summer. I'm keeping my car as I love it, and would only buy the same again, which is another thing to reinforce my sobriety and anyhow, nobody is buying cars at the moment. I got a valuation with Webuyanycar and over the last two months they have raised it from 10k to 12k which just shows how much profit those sites can make, even with Phillip Schofield advertising them :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off