Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
I’ve just called dvla again to check if my gp info has been scanned onto the system as now it’s been 14 workings days. Still nothing. The thing is my doctor called me in to the surgery on the 29th to discuss this form from the dvla, and said he has no worries and I’m fit to drive. The surgery sent this off the same day along with the invoice £300 for the doctor. But still NOTHING has been updated. Is there noway I can drive under section 88, as my doctor has deemed me fit to drive? This is so so annoying now and extremely frustrating

I’ve just called dvla again to check if my gp info has been scanned onto the system as now it’s been 14 workings days. Still nothing. The thing is my doctor called me in to the surgery on the 29th to discuss this form from the dvla, and said he has no worries and I’m fit to drive. The surgery sent this off the same day along with the invoice £300 for the doctor. But still NOTHING has been updated. Is there noway I can drive under section 88, as my doctor has deemed me fit to drive? This is so so annoying now and extremely frustrating
300 for your doctor?

I think you can only drive if your ban was pre 2013 under section 88. From what I’ve read on here 🤷‍♂️

It is frustrating but welcome to the world of the DVLA!!!! You cannot drive until the DVLA tell you so or they issue you with a new driving licence. You can only drive under S.88 legislation if you were banned prior to June 2013, or you have already been re-instated with a licence at the end of the ban and are simply going through the renewal process.

CJ

Might be fine. So long as it doesnt affect your driving. Best thing to do is lie on these tests. Not worth the years of additional restrictions. They just tick boxes.
so on medical questionare is it best just to say not had a drink since last blood test as i failed mine 6 months ago had a binge abstained for 11 days but still came up 2.4? x due another one in 3 weeks and have abstained for 2 weeks now ?

so on medical questionare is it best just to say not had a drink since last blood test as i failed mine 6 months ago had a binge abstained for 11 days but still came up 2.4? x due another one in 3 weeks and have abstained for 2 weeks now ?
The binge would have pushed your CDT levels up and 11 days is nowhere near long enough to get down to acceptable levels. When you say you have abstained for 2 weeks (and hopefully the three weeks still to go,) but what were you drinking prior to this?

I didn’t drink for 3 weeks. My CDT score was 0.9%…
I only really drink on shopping day, & a few at the end of the month when my wages clear!!
I had my blood test done on the 13th June. Dvla then contacted my GP a week later. Luckily the GP called me to go through the forms he was sent. Phew!!
I’m on pregabalin for nerve pain due to a back injury. But I’m slowly reducing my dose. GP was happy as I’ve been on them so long they don’t make me drowsy at all.
During my ban I was on drugs for 3 years so had to fill in a DG1. I stopped using them in 2020 thank goodness.
I kept calling dvla all through July!! On the 28th July they told me I need to book a urine test. I booked this before their letter arrived. I did that test on the 8th August & I know the result was clean, even though they won’t tell me over the phone!!
I’ve called dvla today. They said it’s with the decision makers now & can’t tell me how long I have to wait!! 😱
So you’ve already abstained from booze for 2 weeks & have another 3 weeks til your medical. Just stick to the not drinking, obviously!! I took milk thistle tablets as well. Not sure how much they helped, but they are good for your liver!! Also took vitamins mate. Drank plenty of water to flush the system out 😂
I reckon you’ll be alright with 5 weeks of not drinking.
All I can say is keep up the good work & you should be alright.
Good luck amigo!! 💪

I only really drink on shopping day, & a few at the end of the month when my wages clear!!
I had my blood test done on the 13th June. Dvla then contacted my GP a week later. Luckily the GP called me to go through the forms he was sent. Phew!!
I’m on pregabalin for nerve pain due to a back injury. But I’m slowly reducing my dose. GP was happy as I’ve been on them so long they don’t make me drowsy at all.
During my ban I was on drugs for 3 years so had to fill in a DG1. I stopped using them in 2020 thank goodness.
I kept calling dvla all through July!! On the 28th July they told me I need to book a urine test. I booked this before their letter arrived. I did that test on the 8th August & I know the result was clean, even though they won’t tell me over the phone!!
I’ve called dvla today. They said it’s with the decision makers now & can’t tell me how long I have to wait!! 😱
So you’ve already abstained from booze for 2 weeks & have another 3 weeks til your medical. Just stick to the not drinking, obviously!! I took milk thistle tablets as well. Not sure how much they helped, but they are good for your liver!! Also took vitamins mate. Drank plenty of water to flush the system out 😂
Good luck amigo!!
Got a score off medichecks today 0.6 licence application and medical forms in today. The wait begins. 😬

Good luck amigo!! 💪
Took milk thistle also for a month or two prior to cdt

The binge would have pushed your CDT levels up and 11 days is nowhere near long enough to get down to acceptable levels. When you say you have abstained for 2 weeks (and hopefully the three weeks still to go,) but what were you drinking prior to this?
mainly weekends approx 2-3 bottles prosecco -- i did go to france end june and had a drink most days but not excessive or drunk

Good luck amigo!! 💪
ah thanks -- I'm same taking milk thistle herbal teas and lots of water ( dont know if it will help ?) what did you answer on the medical questionaire ? did you just say not had a drink for 6 months? a year or were you honest not sure which way to go with this as on previous one i did say i had the occasionl drinks which i did as go out with firends at weekend like most normal people ?
obs not going to drink until after medical when fingers crossed things can go back to normal
thanks for your support --- hoefully yours comes back fine x

ah thanks -- I'm same taking milk thistle herbal teas and lots of water ( dont know if it will help ?) what did you answer on the medical questionaire ? did you just say not had a drink for 6 months? a year or were you honest not sure which way to go with this as on previous one i did say i had the occasionl drinks which i did as go out with firends at weekend like most normal people ?
obs not going to drink until after medical when fingers crossed things can go back to normal
thanks for your support --- hoefully yours comes back fine x
I abstained for 2 years. Then drank on holiday in spain for a week in June. Came home abstained for a month. Family visited for a weekend July 21st drank quite a bit over the weekend. Then abstained until 16th August. Had CDT test with medichecks and yesterday returned a score of 0.6. I too took milk thistle for a month prior to that test. Don't know if it helped.
Hope that helps.

I abstained for 2 years. Then drank on holiday in spain for a week in June. Came home abstained for a month. Family visited for a weekend July 21st drank quite a bit over the weekend. Then abstained until 16th August. Had CDT test with medichecks and yesterday returned a score of 0.6. I too took milk thistle for a month prior to that test. Don't know if it helped.
Hope that helps.
thank you-----i have sent for a medi check test too to me its worth the extra cost !! if for some reason it doesn't come back ok i can then delay the official test -- however i am hoping 5 weeks will be more than enough time x

Hope that helps.
when you did the questionaire did you say you hadnt had a drink for 6 months?

thank you-----i have sent for a medi check test too to me its worth the extra cost !! if for some reason it doesn't come back ok i can then delay the official test -- however i am hoping 5 weeks will be more than enough time x
At 5 weeks I'm sure you'll be fine. But there's nothing like a bit of peace of mind. Good luck x

Reactions: NCV
At 5 weeks I'm sure you'll be fine. But there's nothing like a bit of peace of mind. Good luck x
thank u ----do u think best to say not had a drink on questionaire for 6 months -- just thinking if say comes back at say 1.3 for example it clearly shows some even though will pass? x

thank u ----do u think best to say not had a drink on questionaire for 6 months -- just thinking if say comes back at say 1.3 for example it clearly shows some even though will pass? x
There are people on here way more able to comment more accurately. Depends if your an HRO. I think you need to show them at least 12 month complete abstinence. So I'd tell them 12 months minimum. I'm gonna say 24 months. Anything under 1.7 I think is demonstrative of someone who drinks very little or not at all. Its great being 0.6 etc but I'm not sure whether that means you've abstained longer than someone who scores 1.5. I think it could be a lot to do with physiology and metabolism

There are people on here way more able to comment more accurately. Depends if your an HRO. I think you need to show them at least 12 month complete abstinence. So I'd tell them 12 months minimum. I'm gonna say 24 months. Anything under 1.7 I think is demonstrative of someone who drinks very little or not at all. Its great being 0.6 etc but I'm not sure whether that means you've abstained longer than someone who scores 1.5. I think it could be a lot to do with physiology and metabolism
it was misuse not dependancy -- so controlled drinking for 6 months after previous refusal -- so i think im best to say 6 months as they obs know its not a year from previous blood test x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off