Blood test - waiting time for results

Convicted Driver Insurance
hi there peeps so i got my court date yesterday and it was at the end of the 6 months the dead line was saturday but it got posted on friday so yeah ive had to wait the full six months which has been hellish,on the up side ive not long to go now before i can put all this behind me ,yes it will cost me a lot and i will be banned but im sick of this hanging over my head now when i say sick i mean im sick every morning with anxiety.i hope your all good btw and ill keep you posted on my fate
Jeez I can't believe they made you wait the full 6 months that is so crappy! Sneaky posting it the day before, I think that is really bad form as if you haven't had enough waiting and anxiety to deal with. Makes me sick also! People who got a court date quickly have had less waiting and anxiety, this is real head-f*ckery from the powers that be! I wonder if the judge will take this into account, ie: you have had an extra 6 month sentence, some other lucky f*er may have only had to wait 6 weeks. I expect they won't! Makes my blood boil!

Anyway on the upside at least you can have some closure soon (if they don't make you wait for another stupidly long time). Stay strong and yes please keep us posted on what happens, hope it is as good an outcome as possible for you! All the very best to you x

Last edited:
No his lawyer raised a debate and the judge accepted it so a date was set and it was just the judge the pf at debate the judge concede it was time barred and case was dismissed so he got away with it hope it’s not to bad for you
Is this something @Donwon could do ie ask a lawyer to raise a debate as it is right on the cusp of the time allowed/barred? It seems unfair that he has to get this land on him on the last day of the 6 months. Is this how it was for your son?

Is this something @Donwon could do ie ask a lawyer to raise a debate as it is right on the cusp of the time allowed/barred? It seems unfair that he has to get this land on him on the last day of the 6 months. Is this how it was for your son?
Yes we are in Scotland they took it the full 12 months he needs to phone a lawyer and ask if it could be time barred

Thanks a lot - so @Donwon get on the blower to a solicitor! Fingers crossed this is time barred as @Robbie19 says. Best of luck :)
ok so I've paid for a lawyer ill be speaking to him soon my court date is the 24 of this month, I feel the process wasn't done properly when i was arrested because i don't recall them filling in the mgdd form (do any of you recall it being filled in)also i want the custody footage. ps, i cant believe it went to the last day almost but maybe the police sent it to the cps a while ago and it was the cps that was dragging there feet, i hope every one is ok too :)

ok so I've paid for a lawyer ill be speaking to him soon my court date is the 24 of this month, I feel the process wasn't done properly when i was arrested because i don't recall them filling in the mgdd form (do any of you recall it being filled in)also i want the custody footage. ps, i cant believe it went to the last day almost but maybe the police sent it to the cps a while ago and it was the cps that was dragging there feet, i hope every one is ok too :)
hi mate how much cannabis did you smoke on the day? And how long after it was your bloods taken, Also what was your result

Yes we are in Scotland they took it the full 12 months he needs to phone a lawyer and ask if it could be time barred
hi mate my letter was sent on the 5 and the time barred status would of been the 6th and i received the letter on the 8th is this similar to your sons situation

hi mate my letter was sent on the 5 and the time barred status would of been the 6th and i received the letter on the 8th is this similar to your sons situation
My son was arrested on the 2nd February 2021 and the citation was dated for the 2nd February 2022 therefore it was 1 day over they had until midnight on the 1st February to have served citation check your dates x

My son was arrested on the 2nd February 2021 and the citation was dated for the 2nd February 2022 therefore it was 1 day over they had until midnight on the 1st February to have served citation check your dates x
How much cannabis had your son smoked? And how many hours until the test what was his result? In micrograms cheers

I hope you get the same outcome he paid a lawyer also his
How much cannabis had your son smoked? And how many hours until the test what was his result? In micrograms cheers
hed smoked a fair bit but bloods didn’t come bk over with cannibals he had taken coke so they tried to use that but lawyer destroyed them x

I hope you get the same outcome he paid a lawyer also his

hed smoked a fair bit but bloods didn’t come bk over with cannibals he had taken coke so they tried to use that but lawyer destroyed them x
That’s mint news mate so he ended up ooff with it all the best tell him don’t make the silly mistake again just like I’m now regretting I was told they broke the law with me they took two samples one 5ml from each arm, just hoping it is not over I had 4-5 puffs of a joint and was blood tested around 3-4 hours later but I did eat so hopefully that helps

That’s mint news mate so he ended up ooff with it all the best tell him don’t make the silly mistake again just like I’m now regretting I was told they broke the law with me they took two samples one 5ml from each arm, just hoping it is not over I had 4-5 puffs of a joint and was blood tested around 3-4 hours later but I did eat so hopefully that helps

He has learned
Sounds like your going win as well the lawyer told my boy the courts are struggling to get conviction on drug driving if drink driving they got you but the lawyer said he’s got a few off with blood technically I think you’ll be fine my boy was a heavy smoker and results were inconclusive x

He has learned
Sounds like your going win as well the lawyer told my boy the courts are struggling to get conviction on drug driving if drink driving they got you but the lawyer said he’s got a few off with blood technically I think you’ll be fine my boy was a heavy smoker and results were inconclusive x
Hopefully your right I’m a heavy smoker but barely touched it that day

Hey every body, not been checking messages etc but will try to reply when I can. Got a call today from police officer - blood results back after 4 and a half months. 139. Awaiting a formal letter and court date...

I waited 7 weeks this time last year.
It was the worst thing I think I’ve ever experienced. I really understand how you feel.
The police called me the day before my birthday. My blood came back on the limit so I didn’t lose my licence. I got lucky but taught me a lesson not to do that again. Best of luck.
Can I just ask how much had you smoked, how many hours before your bloods was taken

Hey every body, not been checking messages etc but will try to reply when I can. Got a call today from police officer - blood results back after 4 and a half months. 139. Awaiting a formal letter and court date...
Hi how much was you over? And how much had you smoked before you had your bloods taken and how many hours later was that

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off