DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
I’ve been following the threads here for a while and haven’t come across anyone having such an intense check or been giving such a long waiting time. It is a first time offence for me etc
I wouldn't worry to much, my medical sounds exactly the same as yours but they also took my blood pressure. I had to answer yes to a car accident the same as you but no to the mental health question. Dr said will be 8 weeks until i hear anything but 15 days later my 10 year licence was issued and they didn't contact my GP.

I wouldn't worry to much, my medical sounds exactly the same as yours but they also took my blood pressure. I had to answer yes to a car accident the same as you but no to the mental health question. Dr said will be 8 weeks until i hear anything but 15 days later my 10 year licence was issued and they didn't contact my GP.
Thanks for sharing…gives me a little hope lol

Thanks for sharing…gives me a little hope lol
Hi they said 6 weeks to me too.
Gp was contacted a week later by dvla.
All paperwork scanned onto their system by mid July ish.
Now got a piss test medical on the 8th August & that should be it. Will be a clean test all they can test what they like.
Also my CDT score was 0.9% after no drinks for 3 weeks. I had to ask for a subject access request to get my results

I'm curious, how long has it taken for people to hear that their blood results have been received by the dvla?

Hi they said 6 weeks to me too.
Gp was contacted a week later by dvla.
All paperwork scanned onto their system by mid July ish.
Now got a piss test medical on the 8th August & that should be it. Will be a clean test all they can test what they like.
Also my CDT score was 0.9% after no drinks for 3 weeks. I had to ask for a subject access request to get my results
Goodluck! You’ve passed the cdt…last hurdle is the urine test and sounds like you’ll pass that too so you should be hopefully at the end of this long journey 😊

I can say no to all apart from an accident :( the night I got done drink driving I had crashed into a wall. Hoping this won’t delay it by contacting my gp. I also have no idea how many times 6 units or more? Silly question??
Why is it a silly question?

dependancy was already on as i went to the docs for the citalopram and it was during a break up so i was binging at weekends which i said i wanted to stop. he then put i was dependant . i didnt know what i know now and thought being truthful about the few beers wouldnt be a problem, obviously not knowing you have to abstain. i took the medical on a cancellation at 9 days notice... ive drunk heavily at weekends for years, stayed off it for the 9 days and got 0.9 on my CDT. i think if i said id not had a drink then id be driviving now!!
0.9 is a cracking score for only 9 days staying off it! Well done!!!!!!

Returned home from holiday today to find my new licence on the doormat but no info re medical results or CDT score etc. Do they send this out separately or do you have to request it?

Returned home from holiday today to find my new licence on the doormat but no info re medical results or CDT score etc. Do they send this out separately or do you have to request it?
From reading previous questions, I think you have to request your CDT score. After that I've no idea so will follow this post, as I begin the process with my D2 form this week. We'll done mate, chuffed for you

My CDT results came through almost a week after receiving my new licence - i didn't have to request it.

I emailed a ‘Subject Access Request’ to DVLA. You need to include your name, address, date of birth, & driver number. Not sure what else they ask for but if you Google it maybe it’ll tell you buddy.
It can take up to 4 weeks for them to reply!!
I didn’t drink for 3 weeks before my bloods & my CDT score was 0.9%…
Ideal

I emailed a ‘Subject Access Request’ to DVLA. You need to include your name, address, date of birth, & driver number. Not sure what else they ask for but if you Google it maybe it’ll tell you buddy.
Ideal
Nice one. Thanks for the info.

Ideal
I hadn't touched alcohol in two years, but then went on holiday for a week in June this year. And kinda kicked the arse out of it a bit. I was away for a week in spain. Had a drink most days but not all. Came home 22nd June. Stopped drinking immediately. Then my son came up 22nd July. Had a few with him. We drank twice. Again not massively. He went home the Sunday. And not touched a drop since. My D2 form will be here this week to start the process. Don't know when the medical form comes out, maybe the same time. And dunno how long I'll wait for a medical. So 2 years abstinence, followed by a week on it in spain in June, and a weekend late July. And off it since then to whenever the medical is. I'm hoping I'll be OK for CDT

Mini update from me. Had medical 5 days ago and called dvla this morning to see where it's at. Bloods are in (won't tell me the result) and waiting for questionnaire to be scanned onto system. Said I'd call back in 2-3 days for an update. My ban ends in 5 days so we'll see if I get it by then but highly doubt it!!

Just got my medical records for the last 6 years from my GP so I can fill the medical forms correctly and accurately. IM SCREWED. most of these questions in the last 6 years have you....
Been dependant, not addicted to but dependant on alcohol. Answer...Yes 2016.

In the last 6 years have you been involved in an RTA due to alcohol....Answer yes 2019
Either of these boxes I'm sure will give dvla all the excuse they need to contact my gp.

Also records pointing to mental health issues and taking anti depressants in or around 2016.

I don't see me getting my licence back any time soon 😔

Just got my medical records for the last 6 years from my GP so I can fill the medical forms correctly and accurately. IM SCREWED. most of these questions in the last 6 years have you....
Been dependant, not addicted to but dependant on alcohol. Answer...Yes 2016.

In the last 6 years have you been involved in an RTA due to alcohol....Answer yes 2019
Either of these boxes I'm sure will give dvla all the excuse they need to contact my gp.

Also records pointing to mental health issues and taking anti depressants in or around 2016.

I don't see me getting my licence back any time soon 😔
Just take it one day at a time this last 3 years have been hell. I think most of us on here now what ride we on. Feel like we getting punished worse than a sex offender and it is not just us suffering it is people closest to us my little boy is on Holliday and want to go to the beach so much I can’t even take him anywhere. Spend £ 34 pound on taxi but must be grateful I did not lost my job I am care worker. If I never had mental health problems this is going to drive me crazy. We must just all hang in there.

Just take it one day at a time this last 3 years have been hell. I think most of us on here now what ride we on. Feel like we getting punished worse than a sex offender and it is not just us suffering it is people closest to us my little boy is on Holliday and want to go to the beach so much I can’t even take him anywhere. Spend £ 34 pound on taxi but must be grateful I did not lost my job I am care worker. If I never had mental health problems this is going to drive me crazy. We must just all hang in there.
£340 on taxi

£340 on taxi
Thanks. The irony is, dvla have been the biggest cause of anxiety and mental health issues ove had. Except for being on holiday, I've not drank in the last 2 years. I have cdt tests to prove that. Never any higher than 0.9.
My mental health issues were all dealt with. No treatments or medication for 2 years. Honestly why would anyone go to their GP in confidence and bare their soul. Thinking, it's one if the last safe places we can be open and honest and seek treatment without judgement or discrimination. And yet dvla can just reach in there and screw your life over. I was so upbeat, all the angst had disappeared, so looking forward. And now, after reading my medical history I'm as depressed as ever. The thing is, if the question had been were you convicted of an RTA under the influence I could have answered no. Because the police dropped the charges. Probably because the car involved was an off duty police officer who had parked his car illegally. And fraudulently claimed on his insurance. What a world we live in, where the time does not fit the crime. If your a paedophile, you do your time and then protected by the state. If your life is turned upside down by bereavement and a horrendous near death experience. And then commit a drink driving offence. Your punished and witch hunted for over a decade.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off