DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
topchippyles

I reckon those coming to the end of their bans who are paying for their licence renewal and DVLA medical are taking priority over those that have been back on the road for a while (us!!! 😂) who don't need to part with our cash.

CJ
I hope so cos that’s me!!
Due to covid & other issues I’ve only been able to do my medical this year!! My ban was up in 2018…
Come on Dvla, talk about slow decision makers or what!! They’ve got all my paperwork from GP etc scanned onto their system so what’s the hold up?? 🤷‍♂️🤨🤦

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that Swansea HQ just for a day to see what on earth is going on in there. Something tells me they are in a complete shambles with a lot of staff who are either too lazy or too incompetent to do their jobs. Unfortunately, you find many people like this in most large organisations, but the DVLA seems to have its fair share of wage stealers I reckon.

CJ

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that Swansea HQ just for a day to see what on earth is going on in there. Something tells me they are in a complete shambles with a lot of staff who are either too lazy or too incompetent to do their jobs. Unfortunately, you find many people like this in most large organisations, but the DVLA seems to have its fair share of wage stealers I reckon.

CJ
I rang them today. Got through after 20 minutes!! Was chatting away to a lovely lady then got cut off!! It’s not the first time I’ve been cut off either!!
Anyway I got the info I needed. They’ve written to me to go for a piss test. Seeing as I have my reference number I decided to not wait on the letter. I know it’s with the same doctor. Got it booked for the 8th August & confirmed it with dvla as well so happy days…
Dvla pick up the tab for it which helps my wallet in these dire times!!
I knew they were gonna call me in for a piss test due to me admitting drug use back in 2020. Oh well I’m clean now & was only on drugs for 3 years during my ban & the pandemic!!
So it’ll be a piss test on Monday then a long wait whilst they pick their bums 😂
Oh well the time will fly by & then I’ll get my licence back hopefully. They’ve ripped into my life with a fine tooth comb ha ha. The end is in sight oi oi

I rang them today. Got through after 20 minutes!! Was chatting away to a lovely lady then got cut off!! It’s not the first time I’ve been cut off either!!
Anyway I got the info I needed. They’ve written to me to go for a piss test. Seeing as I have my reference number I decided to not wait on the letter. I know it’s with the same doctor. Got it booked for the 8th August & confirmed it with dvla as well so happy days…
I knew they were gonna call me in for a piss test due to me admitting drug use back in 2020. Oh well I’m clean now & was only on drugs for 3 years during my ban & the pandemic!!
So it’ll be a piss test on Monday then a long wait whilst they pick their bums 😂
Oh well the time will fly by & then I’ll get my licence back hopefully. They’ve ripped into my life with a fine tooth comb ha ha. The end is in sight oi oi
Sorry to ask again but did they write to your gp. I am worried about the mental health spoken to 4 different gp’s can’t get the gp I am assign to to contact me. I had sleeping problems because I am n shift worker so instead of giving me sleeping tablets they gave me amitripteline witch did not work then matsrzipane witch did not work and eventually sleeping tablets. I want to say no on my form regarding mental health but don’t know wat the gp will say because it is a different one every time. The poor receptionist must have had it with me now being on the phone with them every week.

8 months and it’s arrived!! Had my urine test Thursday 22nd July and it’s come on line this morning!! So took just under 2 weeks to get mine so fingers crossed only a few more weeks for you hun!!!!

I've received my letter to book the medical and called the doctors today. They have told me I'm now on a waiting list and they do not know when appointments will become available.
Has anyone else had this?

I've received my letter to book the medical and called the doctors today. They have told me I'm now on a waiting list and they do not know when appointments will become available.
That is terrible but on the bright side you received the letter. I read on someone’s post they took prescribed pain killers over 3 years ago and after medical now they sending them for further urine tests. My brain feel like exploding and so stressed out. Don’t know how I would cope without this forum cause at least I know I am not alone in this mess.

That is terrible but on the bright side you received the letter. I read on someone’s post they took prescribed pain killers over 3 years ago and after medical now they sending them for further urine tests. My brain feel like exploding and so stressed out. Don’t know how I would cope without this forum cause at least I know I am not alone in this mess.
That was probably my post. I had my license back today after 8 long months!! Had my medical March 24th then they wrote my GP, then I had a urine test 22nd July and full license issued today!! I said they knew they would send me for a urine test after the 1st medical so why wait so long!! They could have sent me in April and got it done instead of aIl the back & forth!!! t’s been a long road and I was literally obsessed!! I feel sorry for those who had to endure me!!! Hopefully things aren’t as slow now but it is defo a lottery up there of who’s applications are delayed or delay with quickly! Good luck 🤞🏼

Sorry to ask again but did they write to your gp. I am worried about the mental health spoken to 4 different gp’s can’t get the gp I am assign to to contact me. I had sleeping problems because I am n shift worker so instead of giving me sleeping tablets they gave me amitripteline witch did not work then matsrzipane witch did not work and eventually sleeping tablets. I want to say no on my form regarding mental health but don’t know wat the gp will say because it is a different one every time. The poor receptionist must have had it with me now being on the phone with them every week.
Yes I had my medical in June then GP contacted. Spoke to him on the phone to fill out the forms. Waited all of July to be told I need a piss test!! Got it booked before the letter arrived so happy days. Roll on next Monday. It’ll be the end of a long road yayyyyyyyy

Can you ring DVLA & ask for a list of approved drs within your area? May mean travelling further but may get a quicker app?

Do you know what questions are on the questionnaire? Thankyou :)
You can Google it buddy. It’s all there on the internet…
Had mine in June. Walked in, filled out the questionnaire, showed doctor my passport, had bloods taken, asked my height & weight, took £98.50, job done. I was in & out in under 5 minutes. There was quite a few people there getting tested!! Doctor was making a killing 😂

Attachments

• 161CAF5C-F6AB-40E1-AF94-07C57DCD1C6E.jpeg
    161CAF5C-F6AB-40E1-AF94-07C57DCD1C6E.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 35
  • F7A2F0FF-0E62-42DD-83A4-3FE3B5CE61F2.jpeg
    F7A2F0FF-0E62-42DD-83A4-3FE3B5CE61F2.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 9A26AD6F-6829-4D59-83D4-FD6B1A495602.jpeg
    9A26AD6F-6829-4D59-83D4-FD6B1A495602.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 514C12AC-4824-4EAA-BCE6-61F0ECCD729C.jpeg
    514C12AC-4824-4EAA-BCE6-61F0ECCD729C.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 42A9CABC-4FE2-475C-8326-08882CC8EDF1.jpeg
    42A9CABC-4FE2-475C-8326-08882CC8EDF1.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 2F427D46-14B4-464D-A32B-CA72DC54FB92.jpeg
    2F427D46-14B4-464D-A32B-CA72DC54FB92.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 37
You can Google it buddy. It’s all there on the internet…
Had mine in June. Walked in, filled out the questionnaire, showed doctor my passport, had bloods taken, asked my height & weight, took £98.50, job done. I was in & out in under 5 minutes. There was quite a few people there getting tested!! Doctor was making a killing 😂
I can say no to all apart from an accident :( the night I got done drink driving I had crashed into a wall. Hoping this won’t delay it by contacting my gp. I also have no idea how many times 6 units or more? Silly question??

Licence applied for - Tues 19th April 2022

Medical letter sent by DVLA - Tues 24th May 2022 (5 weeks after application sent)

Date of medical - Tuesday 5th July (11 weeks after application sent)

Ban expired - Friday 15th July 2022

Licence Returned - Saturday 16th July 2022
What did you answer on the questionnaire ?

Applied for licence: March 9th
Letter to book medical: May 15th
Medical booked: June 13th
GP written to: June 20th
DG1 questionnaire sent to me: June 20th
Paperwork scanned by dvla: July 15th
Letter to book piss test: July 28th
Piss test booked: August 8th
Once that’s done they can make their decision finally!! I scored 0.9% on my CDT score. The GP’s questionnaire I scored low on too. He was more than happy.
As my ban finished February 2018 I’ve been told I’m a priority!! 😂
Bloody hell, really?? Anyway it shouldn’t be much longer. I’ve waited long enough now that’s for sure…
At least it’s over 5 years since the dates of my 2 drink drive convictions. I don’t have to declare them & all my points are gone too.
Insurance is nice & cheap again yayyyy 💪

Who’s done a urine test medical??
Does the doctor stand there whilst you pee or do you go in the toilet?? I get stage fright & for the life of me I cannot pee if someone is staring at me. 😂
Surely there’s got to be a curtain at the very least?? 🤷‍♂️
If anyone can help answer this asap it’ll be much appreciated, thanks…

Who’s done a urine test medical??
Does the doctor stand there whilst you pee or do you go in the toilet?? I get stage fright & for the life of me I cannot pee if someone is staring at me. 😂
Surely there’s got to be a curtain at the very least?? 🤷‍♂️
If anyone can help answer this asap it’ll be much appreciated, thanks…
You will be supervised but they don’t stand staring. I had a dr & a nurse but tbh they sat in the room while I peed with a slight ajar door whilst we talked utter rubbish about twins. 🤣

Hopefull

I would say sleeping problems on their own like insomnia are not mental health related. For example, being a shift worker who cannot sleep during the daytime is not a mental health problem.

However, if the sleeping issues are caused by depression or stress, then yes, they are mental health related.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off