Hro medical (your experiences)

Convicted Driver Insurance
Congratulations!! Happy driving! I ask everyone this question but did you answer no to everything on the questionnaire? 😊
Hi all but one question they asked how much I drink a week I said 5 cans on Saturday and 5 cans on a Sunday hope that helps

Had a blood test for my medical they still haven’t received my blood and I had them 19th April
That is ridiculous. And what are they doing about it ???? Sitting there waiting for it to miraculously arrive ???? What a farce . They need to be proactively chasing it and if it’s lost sorting something else out eg telling you to go for another .
1. Did they say they were following it up ?
2. Have they received the GP questionnaire?

My experience, and that of many on here is that blood results normally arrive swiftly.

M blood is boiling on your behalf at their lack of systems / proactive case management. I wonder if they were waiting for something important whether they’d just passively sit there for weeks / months when it did t arrive. Rant rant rant 🤬🤬🤬

That is ridiculous. And what are they doing about it ???? Sitting there waiting for it to miraculously arrive ???? What a farce . They need to be proactively chasing it and if it’s lost sorting something else out eg telling you to go for another .
1. Did they say they were following it up ?
2. Have they received the GP questionnaire?

My experience, and that of many on here is that blood results normally arrive swiftly.

M blood is boiling on your behalf at their lack of systems / proactive case management. I wonder if they were waiting for something important whether they’d just passively sit there for weeks / months when it did t arrive. Rant rant rant 🤬🤬🤬
I’ve asked for another blood test they say they can’t do it until it’s definitely not found I was like you could of left it ages ago and just gave me another one its a piss take out of my life really

I’ve asked for another blood test they say they can’t do it until it’s definitely not found I was like you could of left it ages ago and just gave me another one its a piss take out of my life really
They got the questionaire months ago

They got the questionaire months ago
I’ve just had my CDT score by email. It was 0.9 which isn’t too bad at all. Dvla have all the paperwork needed now so I’m waiting on their decision. Trying to put it to the back of my mind. Bloody hard work 😓

I read a report recently involving CDT scores. A group of tee-totallers were tested and their scores ranged from 0.2% right through to 1.6%. These were people that simply did not drink alcohol. The highest score recorded was near 10%, but this chap was drinking amounts that would finish most of us off. Sure it said he was drinking 240g of ethanol on a daily basis.

I read a report recently involving CDT scores. A group of tee-totallers were tested and their scores ranged from 0.2% right through to 1.6%. These were people that simply did not drink alcohol. The highest score recorded was near 10%, but this chap was drinking amounts that would finish most of us off. Sure it said he was drinking 240g of ethanol on a daily basis.
Hi so scoring 0.9% on my CDT is pretty good then!! Hopefully now everything has been scanned into their system I should get a decision in a matter of weeks??
I’ve been checking my licence online, no change yet. Come on DVLA. They said I was made a priority as my ban finished in February 2018. Then Covid & other issues happened so I’ve had to wait to see their medical GP. Glad all that’s done now & I'm just waiting waiting waiting arghhhhhh!!

Ban nov 2019

Letters every 6 to 8 weeks after re applying in may 2021

Medical for alcohol passed I assume in august 2021

Gp visit in march 2022 due to admitting i smoked cannabis one time 2 years ago (never admit this)

Second medical for urine taken in july 2022 for drug misuse test

I will note that in the last 3 years. I have never once got through on the phone. Ever. 172 calls logged and counting. Mental health through the floor, hair thinning, lucky i kept my job.

Stay strong and take it one day at a time. All you can do. Lie if you have to. Infact i advise it. Oh and dont take drugs, ill probably fail my urine test today because i was under the impression is was another alcohol blood test. it wasnt, and i took cocaine due to peer pressure at a party on friday night, test was monday at 2pm so rip licence for one more year probably.

Stay clean during this process, not worh it. I stopped drinking and drugs for a year and tripped at last hurdle.

Ban nov 2019

Letters every 6 to 8 weeks after re applying in may 2021

Medical for alcohol passed I assume in august 2021

Gp visit in march 2022 due to admitting i smoked cannabis one time 2 years ago (never admit this)

Second medical for urine taken in july 2022 for drug misuse test

I will note that in the last 3 years. I have never once got through on the phone. Ever. 172 calls logged and counting. Mental health through the floor, hair thinning, lucky i kept my job.

Stay strong and take it one day at a time. All you can do. Lie if you have to. Infact i advise it. Oh and dont take drugs, ill probably fail my urine test today because i was under the impression is was another alcohol blood test. it wasnt, and i took cocaine due to peer pressure at a party on friday night, test was monday at 2pm so rip licence for one more year probably.

Stay clean during this process, not worh it. I stopped drinking and drugs for a year and tripped at last hurdle.
Some of the stuff you say is good - eg. 'don't take drugs'. However, some is really bad eg. 'Lie if you have to. Infact I advise it'

Don't lie, you will get caught out. If your lies do not match up with what they know, results from tests, GP's reports etc. then you open up a whole new can of worms.

Some of the stuff you say is good - eg. 'don't take drugs'. However, some is really bad eg. 'Lie if you have to. Infact I advise it'

Don't lie, you will get caught out. If your lies do not match up with what they know, results from tests, GP's reports etc. then you open up a whole new can of worms.
I condone it honestly. Admitting i smoked 2 years ago is no reason to turn a dink drive test into a 2 year drawn out drug misuse process. They would never have known or cared if i wasnt honest about it

I condone it honestly. Admitting i smoked 2 years ago is no reason to turn a dink drive test into a 2 year drawn out drug misuse process. They would never have known or cared if i wasnt honest about it
'Honest', and then you took a bag of coke! If you had lied, got away with it and got your licence given back , chances are you would be back in court before long on a drug driving case... Probably helped you in the long run strangely enough.

I'm not being funny, but thinking you have been wronged is a bit perverse in my eyes.

So you think that telling people to admit past drug use (even a one off years ago) which inevitably ends up causing multiple more years of stress and a drawn out medical process (when it has no impact on your current ability to drive) is a good thing to advise?
The stress of this alone over the last few years was one of the reasons I succumbed to peer pressure and used recently after years of sobriety. So yes id still advise not telling them to begin with.

So you think that telling people to admit past drug use (even a one off years ago) which inevitably ends up causing multiple more years of stress and a drawn out medical process (when it has no impact on your current ability to drive) is a good thing to advise?
The stress of this alone over the last few years was one of the reasons I succumbed to peer pressure and used recently after years of sobriety. So yes id still advise not telling them to begin with.
No, someone with past drug usage may still get a full licence issued without a problem. Someone with past usage who then decides to use currently, whatever the circumstances, is not learning! They are statistically much higher risk of reoffending!

No, someone with past drug usage may still get a full licence issued without a problem. Someone with past usage who then decides to use currently, whatever the circumstances, is not learning! They are statistically much higher risk of reoffending!
My point wasnt that they should lie about current use, obviously thats a problem.
But regardless of that. Im saying why bring it up to begin with if it was only ever past usage. They dont get the licence back without problems. If you admit you took in the past, even a tiny bit years ago. They make you jump through hoops and can add years onto the process of getting back on the road, and that in itself is bad for mental health. Which then can make people relapse. Its silly to admit it past usage. Just take your drink driving ban, dont drink or take drugs during that time. And definately dont be honest about taking in the past. They screw you for trying to be honest. Even though it would have had no impact on your current ability to drive once the ban is over.
Lie about prior drug and alcohol use all day long. But take your ban like a man and stay clean after that. Just no need to self incriminate yourself further.

I have noticed a few have been awarded another year licence without having to do a medical which I thought everyone had to undergo after the first 12 months

A question for you all:

On the dr1v Form there is the following:

Within the last 6 years have you had an accident/injury,
including a road traffic accident, as a result of your alcohol
intake?

I will have to answer YES to this as this happened as a result of my DD. Will this have an effect on my ability to get my licence back or be deemed in an even worse position now?

A question for you all:

On the dr1v Form there is the following:

Within the last 6 years have you had an accident/injury,
including a road traffic accident, as a result of your alcohol
intake?

I will have to answer YES to this as this happened as a result of my DD. Will this have an effect on my ability to get my licence back or be deemed in an even worse position now?
From my own experience I also had to answer yes to this question and it didn't effect me getting my full 10 year licence back.

As a long time lurker on these forums, thought I'd give my timescales so far...
Ban was in 2014, 2nd one in 10 years so was deemed an HRO. Didn't apply for my license back as had no need of it, however last year went on a bit of a health kick and decided to have a go. Some background, up until the health kick, I did drink most days, but didn't binge, usually 3 bottles of beer or the occasional g&t at the weekend. The health kick was triggered by the fact I'd put on 22kgs over lockdown, so wanted to shift it

19/10/2021 - sent off forms to start the process
22/11/2021 - DVLA cleared the check
Sometime in January 2022 - Called the DVLA, phone lines were constantly unavailable due to being busy, so did the # key trick and was put through to someone, they explained they didn't have any timescales unfortunately. Put to the back of my mind
06/04/2022 - Receive the letter to book the medical. Paid as per the Surgery's instructions. Contact the Dr's surgery they had appointed (30 miles from my house), they explained they didn't have any appointments yet and to try again next week. Repeat this for a month.
16/05/2022 - Surgery states they are now looking to do June's appointments, and as I have paid and it's going to be near to the 12 week limit I'll have priority.
26/05/2022 - Surgery calls me to book the appointment, appointment booked for am 20/06/2022 (week 11 of the 12 weeks)
20/06/2022 - Have the HRO medical, Dr went through everything, was happy with my physical and answers, said I'd expect to hear probably in about 2 weeks
05/07/2022 - Call DVLA, they stated they posted a letter to my GP yesterday, so are waiting on that.

Looking at the timescales, sounds like I likely have a 90 day wait which will take the total time up to 12 months start to finish! I have no qualms about my CDT levels, I did a medichecks one 2 weeks after drinking all Easter weekend (first drink since end of September last year, but drank on the Friday and Saturday) and that came back at 1.1%, only alcohol I had drunk between then and my CDT test was on the Jubilee weekend when I tried a pint of Jubilee ale, so three weeks before the medical.

Not concerned about what my GP will write, I have no medical history of alcohol misuse or dependence, in fact only ever see them for vaccinations or when I've needed treatment for infections (I have a dodgy immune system, which I attend a hospital for)
Judging by how long some people have said it's taken for letters to arrive from the DVLA to the GP, I'll give it a week or 2 to follow up with them
So following all this, was preparing to call my GP surgery today to chase up if they'd completed the medical form yet. Just checked the mail and received a letter from the DVLA (shockingly fast) to say I'd satisfied all checks and have received a full 10 year license.
CDT was 1.1%, which was the same as when I'd done it privately before hand, so wonder if that's my base level.

Letter from the DVLA was dated 23/07/2022, so all in all 9 months beginning to end for my license to be re-instated, was fully prepared for it to take over a year so the relief and something less to be stressing about is amazing

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off