Insurance renenwal

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kenzie123

My insurance is up for renewal this month, I'm banned till end of feb2023 ,do I them now , cancel insurance , change insurance to third party? Put a named driver on so car still stays on road and gets used ???? Any info please x

Assuming you didn't tell your insurance company when you were convicted, I would only advise to be very careful or you will risk being blacklisted from getting insured in the future.

My insurance is due to renew in August - I’m banned until April 2023. I just went into my settings in the insurance and opted out of automatic renewal. I haven’t contacted them about it, although I can see online that they still have my claim as being ‘open’. I haven’t heard from them since I informed them of my drink drive charge and that I had hit 3 vehicles.

My insurance is up for renewal this month, I'm banned till end of feb2023 ,do I them now , cancel insurance , change insurance to third party? Put a named driver on so car still stays on road and gets used ???? Any info please x
I do seem to recall that in all insurance policies I’ve ever had there is a clause that states you should inform them of relevant events / changes that occur within the insurance period. Getting charged with an offence would fall within that I think . You definitely can’t renew it without disclosing this and as you are banned I’m sure they won’t insure you at least until the ban expires . Good luck sorting it .

You cannot get car insurance without a valid drivers licence, so even 3rd party is out the window unless you can get someone else to take it out in their name.

It's not all doom and gloom though.

I have had 2 convictions since 2017. Last ban expired on 12th October 2021 and I eventually got my 1 year licence back on 10th February 2022.

I have since bought a Jaguar XF 2.0D and manged to insure it through Aviva for only £550 a year.

I also told my insurance company of my driving offence. I didn't have an accident. They let me keep my car insured I'm I. The same boat as you I was going to sorn in when my insurance runs out in Nov.

I also told my insurance company of my driving offence. I didn't have an accident. They let me keep my car insured I'm I. The same boat as you I was going to sorn in when my insurance runs out in Nov.
Exactly what I did then I sorned the car simple.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off