DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
They are defo speeding up, sent my application in feb, medical letter arrived in may (12 weeks ?????) medical originally booked for jul 4th but got cancellation, so did it on 7th june, license back in 7 working days, couldn't believe it !!!!!!!!!.

Just as an add on to this, as well as receiving my shiny new license (with new picture, which was scary) i also received another separate letter from the DVLA telling me about my medical and cdt score (0.5 AFTER 3 WEEKS NO DRINK) and that they would send the results to my GP if i wanted to discuss it further with him/her, i haven't seen this mentioned before on the forums, i presumed i would have to send off an access request ? is this the norm ?
Ahhh so happy for you that's huge turnaround,, I'm so pissed off with waiting waiting and more waiting, my ban finished 23rd Jan,,, unfortunately they wrote to my gp the questionnaire was scanned back with dvla 6th June, called today and its still on the pile waiting to be picked up at Swansea,,, absolutely fed up got new lil convertible sitting waiting on my drive 😭what's anybody else's timescale after gp contact please

Ahhh so happy for you that's huge turnaround,, I'm so pissed off with waiting waiting and more waiting, my ban finished 23rd Jan,,, unfortunately they wrote to my gp the questionnaire was scanned back with dvla 6th June, called today and its still on the pile waiting to be picked up at Swansea,,, absolutely fed up got new lil convertible sitting waiting on my drive 😭what's anybody else's timescale after gp contact please
I know how you feel, my ban ended 17 april , so they stole 2 months of my life in essence,(only had a 6 month ban) the one thing i will say and i'm sure you've done this, is to chase them chase them and chase them again, back in march 8 weeks after application i spoke to them, next day my cheque was cashed,pretty much same with medical, if you got your GP in tandem and they give the ok you will have it sorted by next week, if not maybe the complaints route is an option, i did this, and then thought maybe not such a good idea as a forethought, but it did seem to speed things up....it is a tough fight fighting a faceless enemy but things are definitely getting better btw it's too sunny for a convertible at the moment

I know how you feel, my ban ended 17 april , so they stole 2 months of my life in essence,(only had a 6 month ban) the one thing i will say and i'm sure you've done this, is to chase them chase them and chase them again, back in march 8 weeks after application i spoke to them, next day my cheque was cashed,pretty much same with medical, if you got your GP in tandem and they give the ok you will have it sorted by next week, if not maybe the complaints route is an option, i did this, and then thought maybe not such a good idea as a forethought, but it did seem to speed things up....it is a tough fight fighting a faceless enemy but things are definitely getting better btw it's too sunny for a convertible at the moment
Yes it probably is 🌞I'm thinking bout making a complaint although I wouldn't know where to start,,,, yes gp gave me the OK and dvla have had their paperwork since 6th June,, really want my licence for before school summer holidays,, my poor daughter..

I’m pretty much the exact same boat as you and with same timings and process!! The only place my car is driving me is up the wall staring at it parked up 😭

I’m pretty much the exact same boat as you and with same timings and process!! The only place my car is driving me is up the wall staring at it parked up 😭
Just read your threads,, so are you having to wait for a urine sample now 🙉ffs why can't they do it with the cdt,, do you know I would love to be a fly on the wall at dvpissingla just to see wtf actually goes on 🤣

Yes it probably is 🌞I'm thinking bout making a complaint although I wouldn't know where to start,,,, yes gp gave me the OK and dvla have had their paperwork since 6th June,, really want my licence for before school summer holidays,, my poor daughter..
Step one - ring them tomorrow, if no answer to your issue tell them you are going to make a formal complaint, make sure you get names
step two - the form or address is on here somwhere, only send facts ie dates names and mention that you have copied your local mp(you don't really have to)(i told them i had e-mailed schapps as well just for good measure - obviously i hadn't really) on the e-mail and if needs be will take it further
step 3 - really is to say everybody including your dr, grant schapps, your local mp are not happy and backing you all the way

at the end of the day you must highlight your situation

Step one - ring them tomorrow, if no answer to your issue tell them you are going to make a formal complaint, make sure you get names
step two - the form or address is on here somwhere, only send facts ie dates names and mention that you have copied your local mp(you don't really have to)(i told them i had e-mailed schapps as well just for good measure - obviously i hadn't really) on the e-mail and if needs be will take it further
step 3 - really is to say everybody including your dr, grant schapps, your local mp are not happy and backing you all the way

at the end of the day you must highlight your situation
I contacted my mp just before they wrote to GP,, 6weeks after medical... At this stage although their pissing me off I really don't want to piss them off as I'm waiting to see what they class me as,, even though my issue on gp notes was 7yrs ago and my gp has given me a glowing report since then... I will bare your advice in mind though if it drags out too much longer so thank you for that..

Just read your threads,, so are you having to wait for a urine sample now 🙉ffs why can't they do it with the cdt,, do you know I would love to be a fly on the wall at dvpissingla just to see wtf actually goes on 🤣
I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️ Don’t know if they’re going to issue it or if they wrote to my GP about the scarring on my chest from a heart monitor if I told them I was on codine a few years back for my pain but it wasn’t doing anything so come off and have refused pain meds ever since so I haven’t got a clue and just get “ we can’t tell you anything” they were actually on the ball with chasing up my GP as she took a while and they actually wrote to her and myself chasing it up! But that’s about it. My GP sent the paperwork back last Monday (13th) so they’ve said it can take 15 days (from being received, so 15th?) to go on the system then whatever to be looked at 🤦🏽‍♀️ Yeah great help mate no wonder ppl think F#*k it and drive illegally (which I will not be doing!!) I rang Saturday so I’ll give them to next Wednesday… High priority my arse! I filled an email complaint form in but I suppose they’ve had so many none of them have even been opened let alone read lol. This hill I live on is killing me off 🤣🤣

I contacted my mp just before they wrote to GP,, 6weeks after medical... At this stage although their pissing me off I really don't want to piss them off as I'm waiting to see what they class me as,, even though my issue on gp notes was 7yrs ago and my gp has given me a glowing report since then... I will bare your advice in mind though if it drags out too much longer so thank you for that..
Sorry i may have caught you wrong there and i'm not sure of your background, there is something you are hiding here, you don't know what they are going to class you as ?

I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️ Don’t know if they’re going to issue it or if they wrote to my GP about the scarring on my chest from a heart monitor if I told them I was on codine a few years back for my pain but it wasn’t doing anything so come off and have refused pain meds ever since so I haven’t got a clue and just get “ we can’t tell you anything” they were actually on the ball with chasing up my GP as she took a while and they actually wrote to her and myself chasing it up! But that’s about it. My GP sent the paperwork back last Monday (13th) so they’ve said it can take 15 days (from being received, so 15th?) to go on the system then whatever to be looked at 🤦🏽‍♀️ Yeah great help mate no wonder ppl think F#*k it and drive illegally (which I will not be doing!!) I rang Saturday so I’ll give them to next Wednesday… High priority my arse! I filled an email complaint form in but I suppose they’ve had so many none of them have even been opened let alone read lol. This hill I live on is killing me off 🤣🤣

Well done!

May I ask when you sent your application in? I sent mine in March & still not had my medical letter
Hi mate
I sent off my application in March. Got my medical request letter in May. Had my medical 13th June. Called them on the 20th. They’re writing to my GP & sending out another questionnaire about my drug use. At least the ball is rolling 🤷‍♂️

Sorry i may have caught you wrong there and i'm not sure of your background, there is something you are hiding here, you don't know what they are going to class you as ?
Hatatty,, yes 7yrs ago I went on acamprosate just to try them,, glowing report from gp eversince just hoping they don't class me as dependent or misuse, I only have 6month alcohol free recorded with gp and a couple of clear LFT's

My gp sent paperwork back 27th May dvla received it 6th June,,, really hating this life on hold shit not knowing what the outcome will be
Yeah I’m waiting on my GP surgery to reply to dvla!! Mind you, these days you don’t see the same GP anymore!! So it’ll be some tosser looking at my records on a screen 🤷‍♂️
It’s so infuriating all this waiting!! My ban was up 4 years ago but I had a few issues in life then covid happened. One good thing is I don’t have to declare my drink drive convictions anymore as it’s been over 5 years since I was convicted 😂
Lost my no claims but hey ho!!
I’m waiting for a questionnaire to come in the post as well. Come on Posty!! 🤦

Yeah I’m waiting on my GP surgery to reply to dvla!! Mind you, these days you don’t see the same GP anymore!! So it’ll be some tosser looking at my records on a screen 🤷‍♂️
It’s so infuriating all this waiting!! My ban was up 4 years ago but I had a few issues in life then covid happened. One good thing is I don’t have to declare my drink drive convictions anymore as it’s been over 5 years since I was convicted 😂
Lost my no claims but hey ho!!
I’m waiting for a questionnaire to come in the post as well. Come on Posty!! 🤦
Haha yeh that's one good thing,,, I keep thinking if I get dependence and do another 12months I'll be 5yrs from when ban started so I won't need to declare on insurance either..... I was aware in Jan they may contact gp so I got on the phone to surgery found out which gp I'm registered with and had a telephone app with her and explained my situation and that dvla may contact her and she said she would be the one filling it in and said she'd contact me if she hears.. She was marvelous and did contact me and gave me a face to face app to fill it in.... Can you call the surgery and find out who your registered with, also is there anything dodgy on your notes cause there was with mine that's why I was absolutely shiting myself,,,, sorry for long reply 😅

Haha yeh that's one good thing,,, I keep thinking if I get dependence and do another 12months I'll be 5yrs from when ban started so I won't need to declare on insurance either..... I was aware in Jan they may contact gp so I got on the phone to surgery found out which gp I'm registered with and had a telephone app with her and explained my situation and that dvla may contact her and she said she would be the one filling it in and said she'd contact me if she hears.. She was marvelous and did contact me and gave me a face to face app to fill it in.... Can you call the surgery and find out who your registered with, also is there anything dodgy on your notes cause there was with mine that's why I was absolutely shiting myself,,,, sorry for long reply 😅
I’ve brought my medical records up to date.
Been seeing the doc a lot lately as I’m being checked for cancer.
Seen my old drug worker as well. He said just be honest & I’ll be fine!! So hopefully it all goes well 🤷‍♂️🤦🤞🤞
It’s all this waiting I can’t stand mate, it drives you insane ha ha

I’ve brought my medical records up to date.
Been seeing the doc a lot lately as I’m being checked for cancer.
Seen my old drug worker as well. He said just be honest & I’ll be fine!! So hopefully it all goes well 🤷‍♂️🤦🤞🤞
It’s all this waiting I can’t stand mate, it drives you insane ha ha
Yep I have zero patience,,, it all sounds very complicated with you,, is it mainly drug issues on your notes then..

Yep I have zero patience,,, it all sounds very complicated with you,, is it mainly drug issues on your notes then..
No it’s mainly going on about my back injury. I’m on pregabalin for nerve pain. I’ve been on them 6 years so I don’t get any side effects anymore.
I was on heroin for 3 years up until October 2020. Then went on methadone for 2 weeks before getting chucked off the programme. So then I did a home detox instead.
I can see them calling me in for a piss test medical. At least dvla pay for all the medicals now.
I drive heavy plant machinery for a living & it’s a pain getting to work!!
Just checked my licence information online & they still have my old address!! I bloody hope they send this drug questionnaire to my new address!! I’ve told them over & over that I have moved, it’s a joke!!
I’ll be calling them tomorrow morning to double check the details they have for me.
It’s the story of my life ha ha 🤦

No it’s mainly going on about my back injury. I’m on pregabalin for nerve pain. I’ve been on them 6 years so I don’t get any side effects anymore.
I was on heroin for 3 years up until October 2020. Then went on methadone for 2 weeks before getting chucked off the programme. So then I did a home detox instead.
I can see them calling me in for a piss test medical. At least dvla pay for all the medicals now.
Just checked my licence information online & they still have my old address!! I bloody hope they send this drug questionnaire to my new address!! I’ve told them over & over that I have moved, it’s a joke!!
I’ll be calling them tomorrow morning to double check the details they have for me.
It’s the story of my life ha ha 🤦
Ahhh wow what a journey you've had,, seriously if nothing else you should be amazed at yourself and your mind and body that you've come through this,, my shit has been alcohol but heroine I have absolutely no idea and cannot even begin to imagine,, 🤗

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off