DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
That's a little bit of hope that you got it back after 18 days!! Did you complety stop drinking before medical ?
I cut right down to hardly anything 6 weeks before my medical and last had 2 pints 3 weeks before my medical. I drank gallons of water and eat healthily and got 0.5% CDT result which is pretty good.

I cut right down to hardly anything 6 weeks before my medical and last had 2 pints 3 weeks before my medical. I drank gallons of water and eat healthily and got 0.5% CDT result which is pretty good.
I've not had anything to drink for 2 weeks Christmas and Birthday I had a lot more than I should off done !! Do

I've still not any information about my medical yet, I cant even get through to the DVLA to find out if they have got my application !!! It does not look like I will be driving again any time soon. When you first sent your application in how long did it take for you receive information regarding booking your medical ?
It takes about 2 months on average to get a letter to book your medical.

HI

My driving ban is over on the 8th March. The DVLA received my application for my driving licence on the 5th Jan as I sent it recorded delivery but I still haven't heard anything regarding my medical please can you tell me how long you had to wait to book your medical ? I have tried to contact the DVLA but its just a voice message saying they are receiving a high volume of calls and then it cuts off
Thanks
Hi my ban was over 23rd Jan,, sent application 1st Nov and still waiting to book medical,, The way to get through and to talk to someone on the phone is don't press any options then you get put straight in a que..

My story - still on going!
I’m HRO

24th Feb 2021 - Ban ended, applied for license back
May 2021 - sent for CDT test
August 2021 - sent for urine test
Feb 2022 - another letter for a medical at my local GP practice

dvla can’t tell me anything - except one lady who told me I’d passed the CDT test with flying colours.

Been for urine test don’t take drugs so definitely passed it 1000%. I’ve had no results on any letters received. Called my local GP to book the 3rd medical, to be told they have not received anything since June 2021. Finally got through after 637 calls to DVLA. They will resend and told to check with my doctor in 3-5 days. Waited 10 days called my GP still nothing received. Tried to call DVLA phones are off due to bad weather.

what an absolute joke! Anyone in similar position?

My story - still on going!
I’m HRO

24th Feb 2021 - Ban ended, applied for license back
May 2021 - sent for CDT test
August 2021 - sent for urine test
Feb 2022 - another letter for a medical at my local GP practice

dvla can’t tell me anything - except one lady who told me I’d passed the CDT test with flying colours.

Been for urine test don’t take drugs so definitely passed it 1000%. I’ve had no results on any letters received. Called my local GP to book the 3rd medical, to be told they have not received anything since June 2021. Finally got through after 637 calls to DVLA. They will resend and told to check with my doctor in 3-5 days. Waited 10 days called my GP still nothing received. Tried to call DVLA phones are off due to bad weather.

what an absolute joke! Anyone in similar position?
Do you know why they have asked for a urine test? This is only ever done in relation to drugs. Did your GP flag up drug use with them, even if it was a long time in the past?

Do you know why they have asked for a urine test? This is only ever done in relation to drugs. Did your GP flag up drug use with them, even if it was a long time in the past?
Yes 13 years ago I smoke weed. Why would they send me for a 3rd medical doesn’t make any sense would be nice if they were transparent

I’ve had a piss test already
It is simply the fact you admitted to smoking cannabis in the past. That is and will always be on your record with the DVLA. Effectively they could keep giving you a 1 year licence for up to 6 years. Not what you want to hear I know, but I have only just been given a 1 year licence back after a 27 month ban, my second one, so I fully expect another medical next year.

Hi my ban was over 23rd Jan,, sent application 1st Nov and still waiting to book medical,, The way to get through and to talk to someone on the phone is don't press any options then you get put straight in a que..
Thank you I will try that

So true DVLA is a shambles, like everything should be done digitally even if we are HRO’s. Also if they do contact your gp, all of that should be digital too and should only be a 2 week turnaround max I’m reading people are waiting months for the gp reports.

For my case I only had to give my bloods and I’m 24 never been a alcoholic etc no alcohol history but I am a HRO because of failing to provide blood specimen and wasn’t breathalysed as unit was unavailable and this was my first ever ban that I’ve finished. I have never gone to my gp for alcohol/drugs or anything. So I just hope they don’t contact my gp as I know that will make it 10x longer for me to get my licence back.

My medical was on 6th Dec, bloods were received on 9th, medical report only received on 17th Jan so been told I’m just in a queue right now not sure how long I should expect to wait. My CDT results would have been really low as I’m not a drinker only drink on occasions or one offs however still have a feeling they will say they are writing to my gp just to make me wait even longer sadly.

So can only pray at the moment lol :’D
Hi mate, I’m in the same boat as you. Failed to provide 24 years of age. Had my bloods taken 8th February. Have you heard anything yet?

The wait is over!! A full (1 year) license holder once again... My experience goes a bit like this:-

Late march 2020 - Pulled over for driving whilst in lockdown. Swabbed for cannabis after admitting to smoking 8 hours previously. Fail swab and taken in for blood test. Am told 4-5 months for results. Never hear from police or the courts after this.

Mid July 2020 - Letter from DVLA saying license revoked as of the next day for drug misuse or dependancy.

September 2020 - Reapply for license

October 2020 - Letter from DVLA saying I have omitted to answer all questions (on pages I never recieved in the first place)

January 2021 - DVLA contact GP and am called in to fill out questionnaire with him.

March 2021 - DVLA letter to book medical. Try to book the next day and am told the practice has been instructed by DVLA to delete all current DVLA paperwork essentially not allowing anyone to book a medical. Ring DVLA and told I still need a medical and must wait patiently until I am able to book

September 2021 - Finally asked to go for medical, told there is 2 month waiting list. Luckily someone cancels and have it done within the week. Told by DVLA 3 month backlog on urine test results.

January 2022 - Told by DVLA that all urine test samples have been sent to new lab for testing

Feb 10 2022 - Medical enquiry letter (with no apology, bastards) and physical license granted for 1 year.

Perhaps a blessing in disguise as it made me kick my 10 year weed habit but now I seem to drink like a fish ?

Thanks for being a constant supply useful information and false hope! :) Goodluck to everyone still waiting
Did you tell the gp you consume cannabis? Was your first letter for drugs or cdt test?

Hi mate, I’m in the same boat as you. Failed to provide 24 years of age. Had my bloods taken 8th February. Have you heard anything yet?
Had my bloods taken end of january, got licence back in 17 days. So if your cdt score was low you should get it back soon. My score was 0.7%.

Here is my timeline which I think is fairly typical.

It took another 3 months after they had written to my GP. Once they had his report though and it was scanned (10 days,) licence was issued the same day.

ACTIONDAYSCOMMENT
Licence Applied For
15/07/2021​
Application form Rec'd from DVLA
27/07/2021​
Called
24/08/2021​
Cheque Cashed
31/08/2021​
Called
03/09/2021​
Medical Letter Received
14/09/2021​
Medical
30/09/2021​
Driving Ban Ends
12/10/2021​
89Date when my driving ban ended.
Called
19/10/2021​
96Told by handler that everything had been received and was with medical section
Called
12/11/2021​
120Told the CDT DR1 form was missing and that Doctor had been contacted - 1.5 hour call
Called Doctor - Glasgow Medical Rooms
12/11/2021​
120They sent everything back on the 30th Sept stapled together. They have received NO communication from DVLA regarding missing forms
Called DVLA again
13/11/2021​
121Told that 'everything was in hand' and I would be contacted asap. No idea what that means or where this leaves myself.
Called Doctor to see if DVLA had been in touch with them.
17/11/2021​
125No contact from DVLA but was told that they had a copy of my form on file and they would Fax it to DVLA today. This is contrary to what they told me last week when they sadi they do not retain copies. This info could have been faxed on the 12/22/2021. Not happy.
Letter from DVLA dated 16/11/2021 saying they had written to my GP.
19/11/2021​
127Received a letter from DVLA dated the 16th November saying they now had all the information from the Dr. who carried out my DVLA medical and that they had written to my GP for additional health info. Strange that when I called on the 12th November I was told the CDT DR1 from was missing and it was only on the 17th November that Dr. faxed it to the DVLA again. Someone, somewhere is telling porkies.
GP confirmed they had received a letter from DVLA
01/12/2021​
GP returned letter to DVLA
24/01/2022​
Contacted DVLA
03/02/2022​
203Letter not yet on system. Takes 10 days from receipt. Told to call back then.
Licence Returned
10/02/2022​
2101 year licence - but who cares.
Luna sorry to be a pain but have anyone you now or on here had to wait longer than the 10 days for Dvla to open the doctors report. They received mine 12/2/2022 signed by someone at the Dvla as it was sent recorded delivery?

Luna sorry to be a pain but have anyone you now or on here had to wait longer than the 10 days for Dvla to open the doctors report. They received mine 12/2/2022 signed by someone at the Dvla as it was sent recorded delivery?
Sorry, no idea. I do know that the day it was scanned my licence was issued which was a surprise to me as I was expecting another long wait while they considered it.

Sorry, no idea. I do know that the day it was scanned my licence was issued which was a surprise to me as I was expecting another long wait while they considered it.
Thanks Luna love. I hope it’s the same for me then. Iv been ringing every 2 days it’s really making me ill I can’t sleep

Thanks Luna love. I hope it’s the same for me then. Iv been ringing every 2 days it’s really making me ill I can’t sleep
I had to get 3 letter resent to my doctors waited a month to book my 3rd medical examination. Anyway my GP received a letter and they asked if I have ever had a brain injury. I haven’t. States on the questionnaire I need a brain scan and a full medical again for a drink drive charge what was meant to be over 12months ago. Still walking 8 miles a day to work. Had enough. Oh yeah and no appointments until end of April 2022.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off