my Journey so far

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi

I had my medical today as well!! The dr was not quite as nice as yours... no small talk at all and I travelled 140 miles to get an appointment as I had to wait until December for a local one.. I have not had a drink in 2.5 years. I quit completely after the offence in April 2019. The dr looked at me a little suspiciously which was not pleasant and then he had to ask me all of the questions about how often I drink etc. and I had to keep repeating "never" !

I am interested in the score issue. He did not tell me what score I had but I did answer yes to the questions "Has it ever caused you an issue in your relationship" as crashing a car drunk did cause me an issue... and yes to the question about "have you had an accident when drunk". It was no to everything else - he did not say if they would get in touch with my GP. I asked him and he said he did not know. I have nothing to hide if he does I am only bothered about more delays.

I will keep an eye on this to see when you hear anything in view of the fact we both had our medicals on the same day!!
Hi Freddie

I think that is always or was for me at least a thought of how the Dr doing the medical is/would be towards me/you I was at ease straight away, it certainly helped. The Dr I had said she didn't know how long the wait is at the moment asked If I did, I just said it's a bit of a lottery and she then was like it sound's like it is in a mess. As I say we now have essentially joined the waiting game, I'll keep an eye on any of your posts for updates as well.

Good luck and fingers crossed.

Hi

I had my medical today as well!! The dr was not quite as nice as yours... no small talk at all and I travelled 140 miles to get an appointment as I had to wait until December for a local one.. I have not had a drink in 2.5 years. I quit completely after the offence in April 2019. The dr looked at me a little suspiciously which was not pleasant and then he had to ask me all of the questions about how often I drink etc. and I had to keep repeating "never" !

I am interested in the score issue. He did not tell me what score I had but I did answer yes to the questions "Has it ever caused you an issue in your relationship" as crashing a car drunk did cause me an issue... and yes to the question about "have you had an accident when drunk". It was no to everything else - he did not say if they would get in touch with my GP. I asked him and he said he did not know. I have nothing to hide if he does I am only bothered about more delays.

I will keep an eye on this to see when you hear anything in view of the fact we both had our medicals on the same day!!
You have done so well in giving up alcohol and this is invaluable in itself , regardless of any benefit in terms of getting your licence back. I told the Dr that I had stopped drinking 2 years prior and he just answered no tí all the drink unit questions without going through them. The fact that your DR chose to ask you the questions could just be a matter of style . Some people who have had medicals report filling in the girls themselves. Your « yes » answers demonstrate insight and honesty , snd your cdt score will support what you have reported . You have told the truth , and I am sure that your sobriety will be considered as evidenced, even if it takes the DVLA a while .

Thought I'd ring the DVLA this morning managed to get straight through, to see if they had everything at least what with hearing people say the DVLA are missing bits and pieces.

Had my medical 3 weeks ago today and they told me they had the bloods and questionnaire from the medical Dr which was scanned onto the systems on the 19th of Nov and now just waiting for review but as per couldn't give any further information on when that's likely to be.

So no major update to give but more of a piece of mind.

Thought I'd ring the DVLA this morning managed to get straight through, to see if they had everything at least what with hearing people say the DVLA are missing bits and pieces.

Had my medical 3 weeks ago today and they told me they had the bloods and questionnaire from the medical Dr which was scanned onto the systems on the 19th of Nov and now just waiting for review but as per couldn't give any further information on when that's likely to be.

So no major update to give but more of a piece of mind.
Thank you for the update. Ar least they have them. I was going to call this week as well

Thank you for the update. Ar least they have them. I was going to call this week as well
I was debating if it was too early or not to try calling but I came to the conclusion if the medical dr had not of sent the forms back or if something was lost at least i could make calls like a headless chicken and chase who I need to get their fingers out.
But no all good as i say will give it a couple more weeks.

Yep give them a call just in case.

I was debating if it was too early or not to try calling but I came to the conclusion if the medical dr had not of sent the forms back or if something was lost at least i could make calls like a headless chicken and chase who I need to get their fingers out.
But no all good as i say will give it a couple more weeks.

Yep give them a call just in case.
I have had a call from my dr today. They have written to my GP and asked questions. No idea what they are or why. I have been sober for 2 years and 8 months. What more do they want from me!

Well seem's your a little ahead now if they've wrote to your GP, mines sat on the system waiting to even be reviewed.

It's a questionnaire they send to your GP see link, The thing is no one knows why its a lottery for if they do or if they don't. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/616818/response/1476831/attach/7/FOIR8030 DD2 attachment.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
Thanks so much for that. How annoying that they ask all of those personal questions. This feels like the final hurdle though!!

Checked online today just now end of my lunch,

FULL 10 YEAR LICENSE ISSUED!!!

Thank you to everyone on here for any help and advice they've given me during the period surrounding the medical.

I know everyone says it but I'm going to stick around feel like In some way I've connected with a few of you on your own journeys.

Thank you to everyone on here for any help and advice they've given me during the period surrounding the medical.

I know everyone says it but I'm going to stick around feel like In some way I've connected with a few of you on your own journeys.
No way!!!! Amazing well done.
I had my appointment with my gp today. There should be no issues so hopefully mine will be a few weeks. Congrats.

How long until you get it in your hand?

I have had a call from my dr today. They have written to my GP and asked questions. No idea what they are or why. I have been sober for 2 years and 8 months. What more do they want from me!
I have been sober for 27 months. I scored 1 on the questionnaire at the medical the only reason being I was given a 1 week course of Diazepam when I started to detox in case of withdrawal symptoms (there were none.)

So I think because I answered 'Yes' to having taken medication for alcohol use, they have written to my GP.

A private CDT I had done in July was only 0.20% and I have requested the DVLA test results, but I don't expect them to be much different.

You also need to remember, unless your GP has it recorded, that the DVLA only have your word that you have been sober for 2 years and 8 months (well done by the way.)

I got a 10 Year licence a year ago after being off the road for over 10 years and I have stuck around following everyone's journeys. Its a tough old time making that wrong decision and drink driving but everyone needs advice and support :)

Sent application : 12th July
Postal order cashed : 26th August
Medical letter arrived - 11th September
Medical - 3rd Nov
Called DVLA - 24th Nov
Checked online - Full 10 year issued 25th Nov
License arrive - 27th Nov

CDT was 0.8%

Sent application : 12th July
Postal order cashed : 26th August
Medical letter arrived - 11th September
Medical - 3rd Nov
Called DVLA - 24th Nov
Checked online - Full 10 year issued 25th Nov
License arrive - 27th Nov

CDT was 0.8%
That is great. I applied on the 15th July, but they have now written to my GP.

Did you mention anything about alcohol consumption, medication, hospitals etc on the DR1 form?

Yours looks like a 'simple' case.

That is great. I applied on the 15th July, but they have now written to my GP.

Did you mention anything about alcohol consumption, medication, hospitals etc on the DR1 form?

Yours looks like a 'simple' case.
Told them when my last drink was back in may how much a typical day would consume, and how many times I've drank more than 6 on a single occasion in the last year,

I've not seen my GP since 2006/7 had nothing on file .

Re insured my car this morning as well so all good.

keeping my fingers crossed for you Luna that it's not too much longer to wait.

Told them when my last drink was back in may how much a typical day would consume, and how many times I've drank more than 6 on a single occasion in the last year,

I've not seen my GP since 2006/7 had nothing on file .

Re insured my car this morning as well so all good.

keeping my fingers crossed for you Luna that it's not too much longer to wait.
I've been sober for 28 months and said this on the form. Don't drink at all. I think they wrote to my GP because I was honest about the medication (1 week course of diazepam to prevent potential withdrawal symptoms.) Bit of a bummer as it looks like it will be the new year before I potentially get mine back.

Hi everyone

Finally got my licence today!! What a Christmas present!

thank you everyone here who has helped me in the last two and a half years. What a great community. Full of empathy.
So my dates are:
18 June ban ended
21 June sent application to dvla
3 November medical m
20 dec medical results which showed abstinence
24 December licence granted
Wow what a journey.
Merry Christmas.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off