What am I expecting?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi to those who are reading this hope you're well,
I apologise if this question has been answered in previous threads however me being someone who needs things broken down in order to understand lol I thought I’ll start my own thread.

Right so my course is in December this year. Once completed I should be able to get my ban reduced to Aug 2022 instead of December 2022.

Just confused in all these forms everyone seems to say they send of some form or receive a f DVLA etc..

I am not required medical or anything so once my three days of my course are done with, what happens next? Am I expected to reach out to DVLA? Does the system automatically get updated? Then around May/June/July do I have to find a form online to fill out and send or do I automatically just get my new license sent out to me sometime in August?

Silly me thought I just get the course done and then get a new license in August.

Really confused as I thought it would just happen automatically but seems as if from reading threads I would need to have a few forms filled out. Can someone tell me when I would need to do this and how the process goes.

Again I do apologise if this was previously answered.

A) do course about 10 days later you get a certificate
B) you can look on the dvla site at your licence & new date for driving should show about 2-3 weeks post course
C) 56 days Pre this date you can send in the new form that you get from the PO form D1 think it’s still that dvla will / May send it but quicker to get it from post office -
D) complete & see re photo - depends on length of old licence before renewal may need new photo, get it signed etc
E) write cheque
F) get it signed for - pay for that so you know it’s arrived
G) send so it arrives on day 56 I enclosed Copt if certificate from driving course & copy of court letter so all would be in front of them
I got mine back under a week so had it ready to use
Hope that is clear if any changes I’m sure someone will correct me

B) you can look on the dvla site at your licence & new date for driving should show about 2-3 weeks post course
C) 56 days Pre this date you can send in the new form that you get from the PO form D1 think it’s still that dvla will / May send it but quicker to get it from post office -
D) complete & see re photo - depends on length of old licence before renewal may need new photo, get it signed etc
E) write cheque
G) send so it arrives on day 56 I enclosed Copt if certificate from driving course & copy of court letter so all would be in front of them
That was such a clear explanation. Much appreciated,thankyou x

E) write cheque
Pretty complete explanation! It is a D1 from the post office.
I would only add that if you tick the box on the back of the D1, add your passport number and sign to day they can access this document then DVLA will use that to update your driving licence photo.

I would only add that if you tick the box on the back of the D1, add your passport number and sign to day they can access this document then DVLA will use that to update your driving licence photo.
Unless you have a paper - ‘ green ‘ licence with no photo then you have to send photos even if you have a current passport

I can add that you need to send a photo even if you have an up to date passport as I made the mistake of applying with no photo as I thought they'd use the one from passport. But I got my whole application sent back today and have had to send it all back with a passport photo included.

I can add that you need to send a photo even if you have an up to date passport as I made the mistake of applying with no photo as I thought they'd use the one from passport. But I got my whole application sent back today and have had to send it all back with a passport photo included.
I have to stand corrected on the passport photo if that is the case. They used to use the passport photo to update the driving licence. Perhaps their policy has changed now so thanks, Sillynurse, for pointing this out.

I have to stand corrected on the passport photo if that is the case. They used to use the passport photo to update the driving licence. Perhaps their policy has changed now so thanks, Sillynurse, for pointing this out.
I was under the same impression. Since I only renewed my passport in May I thought it would be ok. At least I know they are opening their post! I sent it over 3 weeks ago so I'm pleased to at least know mine has been opened and looked at! Saying that mine did go to the keyworkers address to hopefully speed up the process

I was under the same impression. Since I only renewed my passport in May I thought it would be ok. At least I know they are opening their post! I sent it over 3 weeks ago so I'm pleased to at least know mine has been opened and looked at! Saying that mine did go to the keyworkers address to hopefully speed up the process
Just to throw a spanner in the works, i ticked the box on the application form and entered my Passport number and my application must have gone through because they've cashed my cheque and i had my medical last Friday and i never sent a photo. My licence previously expires in 2024 so surely they wouldn't use my old photo for when i hopefully get issued my new one. My new passport was issued in May 2020.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, i ticked the box on the application form and entered my Passport number and my application must have gone through because they've cashed my cheque and i had my medical last Friday and i never sent a photo. My licence previously expires in 2024 so surely they wouldn't use my old photo for when i hopefully get issued my new one. My new passport was issued in May 2020.
Oh wow. Oh well, nowt we can do! Haha. Good luck. I think my licence may have expired throughout my ban so that's the only thing I can think for my scenario

I think the passport photo is used to verify who you are and that both photo's are roughly the same.

E) write cheque
Hey! Hope you've all been well!

Me again haha, aaah bans nearly over!

Right quick question,I have a countdown on my phone for June 9th that is (56 days before my bans up) bans of in august :( so my question is am I sending my D1 form and the other form to renew m license picture after june 9th or should I be sending this now?? its only thrown me off as Iv just read back at this post and it said 'so it arrives on day 56' and heres me waiting until june the 9th to send everything :rolleyes:

Im probably just confusing myself!

Thanks again

If I were you, i'd go get one from the post office and send it off just before the 56 days rather than wait for the DVLA to send it (they've had one or two, ahem, problems lately :)) .. Whether u need a photo or not is down to how long ago the original license was issued and will be clarified on the form (D1)

Good luck!

If I were you, i'd go get one from the post office and send it off just before the 56 days rather than wait for the DVLA to send it (they've had one or two, ahem, problems lately :)) .. Whether u need a photo or not is down to how long ago the original license was issued and will be clarified on the form (D1)

Good luck!
haha,right thanks will get onto it!

I speak as a non-HRO, and on the advice of Luna I didnt wait for the form to come through the post. I went to the Post Office, got a D1 and Postal Order. I had a licence drop through my letter box 11 days later. My passport is still valid so I put my passport number on the form which meant they could use my photo that was already on record, and and DVLA driver number on the form too.

So I would say just go for it and get it sent.

And I've just noticed the date today - 18th May. My Licence kicks in, in exactly 1 calendar months time - 18th June

On the D1 Form it says
The license you want
*Provisional (obvs not)
*Replacement
*Duplicate
*Exchange
Remove expired endorsements or suspension details
I speak as a non-HRO, and on the advice of Luna I didnt wait for the form to come through the post. I went to the Post Office, got a D1 and Postal Order. I had a licence drop through my letter box 11 days later. My passport is still valid so I put my passport number on the form which meant they could use my photo that was already on record, and and DVLA driver number on the form too.

So I would say just go for it and get it sent.

And I've just noticed the date today - 18th May. My Licence kicks in, in exactly 1 calendar months time - 18th June
That exactly what I should do this weekend!
Aaah I wanted to change my license picture too haha but I’ll just leave it rather than complicating things for myself!
Also when you sent it through post how did you pay??? Do I need to add a cheque :/ sorry I sound like a right spastic 🤦🏼‍♀️ And woohoo check you out!!! Wish mine was a month away!! Eek better days!❤️

I sent a cheque, then religiously monitored my account daily! The money eventually disappeared and within days my license arrived.. HAPPY DAYS! This was just as the mayhem at the dvla was starting (May last year) and I was lucky, was back on the road only 8 days after my ban ended. 🥳

On the D1 Form it says
The license you want
*Provisional (obvs not)
*Replacement
*Duplicate
*Exchange
Remove expired endorsements or suspension details

That exactly what I should do this weekend!
Aaah I wanted to change my license picture too haha but I’ll just leave it rather than complicating things for myself!
Also when you sent it through post how did you pay??? Do I need to add a cheque :/ sorry I sound like a right spastic 🤦🏼‍♀️ And woohoo check you out!!! Wish mine was a month away!! Eek better days!❤️
Licence you want..
There is a line that says "To renew my licence"....... then cross the "Because I was disqualified" box. You then put in the date you were disqualified and the name of the court.

As I'm getting old I was glad to have a photo still valid that knocks a few years off 😂.

There are instructions on the form, and I used a Postal Order (£65.00) as I dont have a cheque book anymore, but basically thats what a Postal Order is anyway.
There is a small fee the Post Office charge but only a few quid.

There is space on the form to write the PO number and you should also write your name, date of birth and DVLA driver number (if you know it) on the back of the PO. And don't worry you don't sound like a spaz, if you haven't done it before then they are perfectly reasonable questions for being prepared.
Also worth paying the extra for a signed for delivery I'd say, just so you know they have got it.

Another point - and its on the form too but - make sure you use the right Postcode as the DVLA have a few. If you are non-HRO use SA99 1AA.

I'm close to the end, and your time will come too so keep a positive mindset and let the time slip by of its own accord !!!

I sent a cheque, then religiously monitored my account daily! The money eventually disappeared and within days my license arrived.. HAPPY DAYS! This was just as the mayhem at the dvla was starting (May last year) and I was lucky, was back on the road only 8 days after my ban ended. 🥳
Aw thats nice to know that your back on road!!!(y):giggle: but GOSH I thought even if DVLA doesn't send your license in time,if online your ban is shown as complete on your record you can still drive?? I cant be waiting another 8 days after my ban date!! I already have it in my head im out that door 11:59am waiting till 12 hits so I can drive when my ban dates over haha!😂😂

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off