DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Didnt ask if my postal order had been cashed, i thought they would have done that when they scanned it onto the system. Is there any other way to find out if my postal order has been cashed?
Sorry i'm not sure on that, there must be a phone number for the post office and give them the ref. number so they can check. I also recall someone on here sent a direct message over twitter to the post office and they found out that way.

As you say with your info being scanned on the system it should of been cashed or in the process of

I know everyone's timescale is different because the DVLA aren't predictable but it could be another couple of weeks until you hear anything about booking a medical

Didnt ask if my postal order had been cashed, i thought they would have done that when they scanned it onto the system. Is there any other way to find out if my postal order has been cashed?
To check if your postal order has been cashed, call the Post office Helpline: 0845 611 2970. They will ask for your voucher ID which should be on the receipt they gave you when you took out the PO. They can tell you if the PO has been cashed and when.

To check if your postal order has been cashed, call the Post office Helpline: 0845 611 2970. They will ask for your voucher ID which should be on the receipt they gave you when you took out the PO. They can tell you if the PO has been cashed and when.
Just found out my postal order was cashed on the 16th september, any idea how long it takes to get the letter to book the medical?

Forgive me if I’ve asked you before , but have you managed to check with them that they’ve received all information they need : bloods/ questionnaire?
Yes they're awaiting urine sample results. Questionnaire was filled out before my medical through my psychiatrist.

Just found out my postal order was cashed on the 16th september, any idea how long it takes to get the letter to book the medical?
Yes, 2 weeks seems to be the timescale for getting a letter after payment is taken, which in itself takes around 6 weeks. After that it depends on the availability of the Doctor.

My Doctors appointment is roughly 2 weeks after I received my letter from the DVLA.

As for what happens after that, it is anyone's guess.

Yes, 2 weeks seems to be the timescale for getting a letter after payment is taken, which in itself takes around 6 weeks. After that it depends on the availability of the Doctor.

My Doctors appointment is roughly 2 weeks after I received my letter from the DVLA.

As for what happens after that, it is anyone's guess.

Hi all just had a letter from DVLA dated 18 September saying they have now received results from my medical ( medical was the 17 May ban was up 8 May ) and they have written to my doctor which may take 4 weeks, then there medical adviser will consider fitness to drive. This is a load of balls as on the 7 September the when I did get to talk to somebody she said they were waiting for the medical team to assess my fitness to drive.
Really annoying and taking the piss

Hi all just had a letter from DVLA dated 18 September saying they have now received results from my medical ( medical was the 17 May ban was up 8 May ) and they have written to my doctor which may take 4 weeks, then there medical adviser will consider fitness to drive. This is a load of balls as on the 7 September the when I did get to talk to somebody she said they were waiting for the medical team to assess my fitness to drive.
Really annoying and taking the piss
Wow 4 months to reply back after doing medical. I'm sure others on here have had a quicker turnaround. And they still got to write to your doctor. Makes me worry for myself. Total piss take I agree!!! Feel your pain.

Does anyone know whether they write to everyone’s doctor or if it’s just those who have flagged up mental health or alcohol and drug issues?

Wow 4 months to reply back after doing medical. I'm sure others on here have had a quicker turnaround. And they still got to write to your doctor. Makes me worry for myself. Total piss take I agree!!! Feel your pain.
This scenario is becoming totally untenable for all us people who have waited so long ( my medical was 19 April).Has anyone had any positive results from emailing a particular person at DVLA?,as I’ve again today been ‘fobbed off’ with the statement ‘your details are in the system and awaiting a decision by the medical department’.
I think the majority of us are now in desperate need of our licenses, and who can we contact to quicken this process up??

I originally submitted my application around the 20th April, I think.

DVLA wrote to my doctor on 22 Aug, almost 2 months after my medical. I heard this morning my GP had sent off her report on 21 Sep. When I spoke to the DVLA this morning, they said it can take 10 working days from receiving it to upload it onto the system, and then they have no idea how long it will take to review…..

This scenario is becoming totally untenable for all us people who have waited so long ( my medical was 19 April).Has anyone had any positive results from emailing a particular person at DVLA?,as I’ve again today been ‘fobbed off’ with the statement ‘your details are in the system and awaiting a decision by the medical department’.
I think the majority of us are now in desperate need of our licenses, and who can we contact to quicken this process up??
You will NEVER get to speak to anyone apart from a call handler at the DVLA.

If you are HRO and your CDT levels at your exam are within the acceptable levels, even if you have said 'No' to all the questions on the DR1 form, it is likely they will write to your GP.

I asked on the forum why they don't write to your GP at the same time as they send you for your medical and was told that there would be no point of you fail the CDT test (makes some sense.)

GP's are a law unto themselves as well as the DVLA. You sometimes need to push them as much as the DVLA.

But what really annoys me is that your ban has been set down by the court, but the DVLA are now arbitrarily extending it just because they can't get their act together.

The 90 days before your ban expires when you can apply for a new licence needs to be at least double to have any chance of getting it back on time.

Still waiting approximately 10 weeks (!) Since my medical. Soooooo slowwwww
Hi all. My drink driving DR10 ban ends today.I sent the form back with £95 cheque 10 weeks ago but have had no reply on how to book the medical, and no license back. DVLA are not taking calls or web chats. Can I drive??!!

Hi all. My drink driving DR10 ban ends today.I sent the form back with £95 cheque 10 weeks ago but have had no reply on how to book the medical, and no license back. DVLA are not taking calls or web chats. Can I drive??!!
Definitely can't and don't attempt to drive either. It's a long winded process. What I will do in your position as I have done and many others, find out if your cheque has been cashed yet? Has it ? From the time my postal order was cashed I waited circa 2 weeks and I received the letter to book medical.

No, not if you are waiting for medical. S88 only applies to people who have already had their licence issued or those who are not deemed as HRO's requiring a medical.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off