GP Appointment

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jo88

Well Known Member
GP Appointment
Hi all,
I have had a txt coming through today from my GP that they’d like to see me tomorrow... It’s been 4 weeks today since I was caught and I am not sure why they want to see me!? Is this a standard procedure? What shall I or shall I not tell them !? Very confused. TIA

GP Appointment
Hi all,
I have had a txt coming through today from my GP that they’d like to see me tomorrow... It’s been 4 weeks today since I was caught and I am not sure why they want to see me!? Is this a standard procedure? What shall I or shall I not tell them !? Very confused. TIA
It will be to discuss the report they have been asked to do for DVLA, they will review your medical history regarding mental health, drink and drugs and then give their opinion on your fitness to drive to DVLA. They will doubtless ask you what your current alcohol consumption is per day / week.

It will be to discuss the report they have been asked to do for DVLA, they will review your medical history regarding mental health, drink and drugs and then give their opinion on your fitness to drive to DVLA. They will doubtless ask you what your current alcohol consumption is per day / week.
Thanks Price1376. Is it worth telling them I have been sober since the incident and I am planning not to drink again and be open for a CDT regularly? Maybe...

Why would the DVLA want a report from a GP on someone who hasn’t been sentenced ? I’m confused

Why would the DVLA want a report from a GP on someone who hasn’t been sentenced ? I’m confused
Me too, but I’ll share it tomorrow with you. I am a bit anxious now tbh. I thought this might be the process…who knows

Me too, but I’ll share it tomorrow with you. I am a bit anxious now tbh. I thought this might be the process…who knows
Have you been in touch with your GP to tell them what has happened and ask for advice ? I just can’t see how the DVLA would even know who your GP is ??? Try not to worry

Sorry folks, I didn’t appreciate that the question was about a case that was still under investigation…….
It may be that the doctors request,JO88, is entirely unconnected with your arrest, it may be connected to your initial comment about: “ Just been in touch with Liasion and Diversion service and they discahrged me because I keep on well, and I really do.” and the GP has received details of this?

Only if you have been convicted and DVLA have contacted your GP would they be looking to get an update about you. If you have not been to court yet, your GP will not have been contacted so this may just be a coincidence.

HOWEVER, may be a good chance to speak to GP and get your side recorded. Get them to be on your side for when you are ready to reapply, get some LFT's booked in and make sure their records do not class you as an alcohol risk regarding driving...

Sorry folks, I didn’t appreciate that the question was about a case that was still under investigation…….
It may be that the doctors request,JO88, is entirely unconnected with your arrest, it may be connected to your initial comment about: “ Just been in touch with Liasion and Diversion service and they discahrged me because I keep on well, and I really do.” and the GP has received details of this?
Well, I have contacted the today, after the GP has messaged me for the appointment, but who knows

Only if you have been convicted and DVLA have contacted your GP would they be looking to get an update about you. If you have not been to court yet, your GP will not have been contacted so this may just be a coincidence.

HOWEVER, may be a good chance to speak to GP and get your side recorded. Get them to be on your side for when you are ready to reapply, get some LFT's booked in and make sure their records do not class you as an alcohol risk regarding driving...
Thank BigTom. This was exactly what I was thinking. I really want tests to be carried out, because I want them done and demonstrate to the Court and myself who I really am. I have been sober for 4 weeks since caught, and have no intention to drink alcohol. I can’t say that I will never ever drink a glass of wine or a beer, but no more than that and not very soon that’s for sure. I’m trying to treat this as nightmare that woke me up in the middle of the night and move on.

Thank you for being so supportive guys. Just a quick update from my GP. The GP has been notified by the Police about my personal circumstances I have explained during the custody. Can’t remember every word I said to the Police, but was the truth, so I did the same at the GP. The GP wanted to make sure I cope well and I don’t have suicidal behaviour etc. I completely forgot about the test’s I am happy to have if needed to show everyone I am sober and I will probably be sober all the time from now on. She also said thatvthey have an open door policy so if I need help, they’re there for me. Good to know. I’d probably visit the GP more often now 🤗

Thank you for being so supportive guys. Just a quick update from my GP. The GP has been notified by the Police about my personal circumstances I have explained during the custody. Can’t remember every word I said to the Police, but was the truth, so I did the same at the GP. The GP wanted to make sure I cope well and I don’t have suicidal behaviour etc. I completely forgot about the test’s I am happy to have if needed to show everyone I am sober and I will probably be sober all the time from now on. She also said thatvthey have an open door policy so if I need help, they’re there for me. Good to know. I’d probably visit the GP more often now 🤗
Very positive. Good all round 👍

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off