getting my license back

Convicted Driver Insurance

paulwall

hi all

please I need answers, please.

I was disqualified for drink driving for a year- which I reduced to 9 months after the DD course. my disqualification will be due in 2 weeks.
DVLA sent me the form to reapply which I returned 3 weeks ago. I didn't add a new passport because I didn't want to change my picture.

my questions are
1. it's been over 3 weeks since I sent the form back with the correct fee and I have not received a confirmation from DVLA
2. how long will it take before I can get my license back.
3.after my driving ban in 3 weeks can I drive if I have not received my license

NOTE: I am not HRO

it has been the worst 1 year of life without driving and I can't wait to get back to driving.

hi all

please I need answers, please.

I was disqualified for drink driving for a year- which I reduced to 9 months after the DD course. my disqualification will be due in 2 weeks.
DVLA sent me the form to reapply which I returned 3 weeks ago. I didn't add a new passport because I didn't want to change my picture.

my questions are
1. it's been over 3 weeks since I sent the form back with the correct fee and I have not received a confirmation from DVLA
2. how long will it take before I can get my license back.
3.after my driving ban in 3 weeks can I drive if I have not received my license

NOTE: I am not HRO

it has been the worst 1 year of life without driving and I can't wait to get back to driving.
Did you send a cheque or postal order ? If it was a cheque and it has been cashed then you know they have received your D1 form
As for how long it will take nobody knows due to the backlog and corvid-19 and strikes going on at the dvla. Could be a few weeks or a few months. As long as the photo on file is up to date then no need to send a new one off.
Price1367 posted an update on here a couple of days ago about being able to drive on a section 88 and you may fall into this category once they have received and processing your application.

Did you send a cheque or postal order ? If it was a cheque and it has been cashed then you know they have received your D1 form
As for how long it will take nobody knows due to the backlog and corvid-19 and strikes going on at the dvla. Could be a few weeks or a few months. As long as the photo on file is up to date then no need to send a new one off.
Price posted an update on here a couple of days ago about being able to drive on a section 88 and you may fall into this category once they have received and processing your application.
thanks for your reply.

I sent a postal order and how do I know if I fall into section 88?

thanks for your reply.

I have just found the post below.

OK folks, I have had a reply from my contact at DVLA about eligibility to drive for drink drivers who are NOT in the HRO category.
It is not quite unequivocal, but does indicate that a drink driver CAN drive under S88 once their correct application is received at DVLA, if there are no medical contra indications. Of course this only kicks in when the actual disqualification has run out, it does not allow a person to drive when they have applied 56 days before the end of the ban, just because they have applied.

“Dear Mr Price,

Drivers whose disqualification period has ended and who have reapplied to DVLA for a new licence may be eligible to drive under S88 while they wait for their new licence, as long as they satisfy all the other qualifying criteria. The driver must decide for themselves whether they meet all the criteria by consulting the following information leaflet on GOV.UK: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/inf1886-can-i-drive-while-my-application-is-with-dvla"

As you have indicated, many drivers contact DVLA to find out if they have section 88 cover to drive. DVLA cannot “confer” section 88, but can advise on what the qualifying criteria is.”

thanks for your reply.

You need to make sure you ban has elapsed and the DVLA has received and processing your application. Just be very careful everything in in order or you could be in more trouble in there is an issue. The section 88 is down to the licence holder to check everything is in order. Others will reply to this tomorrow with better info than i have but what i have said is correct so hope its a help to you paul.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off