Convicted Driver Insurance
I have it!

Timescale
Medical requested by DVLA 21/01/21
Medical 19/04/21
Letter from dvla saying questionnaire not completed correctly by Dr 14/05/21
License received 07/06/21
CDT test results received 10/06/21

I was an HRO due to failure to supply, with no history of alcohol abuse with my Dr, CDT 0.8%. I drank four cans of beer twice in the month prior.

I have it!

Timescale
Medical 19/04/21

I was an HRO due to failure to supply, with no history of alcohol abuse with my Dr, CDT 0.8%. I drank four cans of beer twice in the month prior.
From jan to June! My ban is up first week of august. I have no hope of getting it back by then. Sent d1 forms off 16th may, 90 days before as was instructed to do so. Looks like a long wait ahead :(

I have it!

Timescale
Medical 19/04/21

I have it!

Timescale
Medical 19/04/21

Good news for you. Great. How did they communicate the cdt test results to you ? When did your disqualification end ?

I have it!

Timescale
Medical 19/04/21

I had my medical same day(19/4), questionnaire received by GP 3/6, so you’ve done extremely well to have got you’re license back and confirmation of you’re CDT reading by 10/6. Makes me wonder if I should try and ‘hurry up’ my GP, or just wait for this ‘numbing’ process to takes its natural?

I had my medical same day(19/4), questionnaire received by GP 3/6, so you’ve done extremely well to have got you’re license back and confirmation of you’re CDT reading by 10/6. Makes me wonder if I should try and ‘hurry up’ my GP, or just wait for this ‘numbing’ process to takes its natural?
I don't belive that DVLA contacted my GP, especially as a cock up by the surgery that I had my medical at that apparently signed me up as a patient. This was only found out when I could not be found on a computer for my covid jab.

Has anyone else just had their doctor do the questionnaire before being asked to do a medical ? Everyone seems to be doing medical then their doctors are written to ?

From jan to June! My ban is up first week of august. I have no hope of getting it back by then. Sent d1 forms off 16th may, 90 days before as was instructed to do so. Looks like a long
Has anyone else just had their doctor do the questionnaire before being asked to do a medical ? Everyone seems to be doing medical then their doctors are written to ?
The DVLA appoint their own doctors for the medical in the case of HROs. If that raises a query they write to persons own GP for more info . As to what prompts any query ... who knows ?

The DVLA appoint their own doctors for the medical in the case of HROs. If that raises a query they write to persons own GP for more info . As to what prompts any query ... who knows ?
I’ve had them speak to my own doctor already and sent back but still not heard about a medical yet ?

I’m confused - do the DVLA automatically write to GP or do they write to them after your medical if they are not happy with your responses to the questions?

I’m confused - do the DVLA automatically write to GP or do they write to them after your medical if they are not happy with your responses to the questions?
Hello, when I initially applied for my first license when my ban ended, the DVLA wrote to my own GP following my DVLA Medical….I think it’s fairly standard for an HRO, my cdt was 0.3.
I applied for my second license last September during Covid, and the DVLA wrote to my GP before I was invited to attend a DVLA a medical, which I eventually had on 15 March this year, and have not heard anything as yet. When I phoned they confirmed that they had all my documents. Whilst I would expect a clear protocol to be in place, it all seems very random. It’s quite stressful really, I’m driving on a Section 88, but am confining my journeys to work which is about 6 miles away, and local villages, and driving defensively. I don’t want to drive any long distances as I wouldn’t like to put my insurance cover to the test.
I hope the DVLA resume to previous levels of customer service before too long. On the other hand I imagine HMRC also deal with similar numbers of the public, and they managed to send me a letter that arrived 2 days after the end of the tax year 🤣

Yeah same applied with form ? Wondering if this means I won’t need a medical?
Are you an HRO: either through fail to provide , second offence within 10 years , or via a high reading . I’m assuming you were convicted and did not relinquish your license for other reasons ?
Hello, when I initially applied for my first license when my ban ended, the DVLA wrote to my own GP following my DVLA Medical….I think it’s fairly standard for an HRO, my cdt was 0.3.
I applied for my second license last September during Covid, and the DVLA wrote to my GP before I was invited to attend a DVLA a medical, which I eventually had on 15 March this year, and have not heard anything as yet. When I phoned they confirmed that they had all my documents. Whilst I would expect a clear protocol to be in place, it all seems very random. It’s quite stressful really, I’m driving on a Section 88, but am confining my journeys to work which is about 6 miles away, and local villages, and driving defensively. I don’t want to drive any long distances as I wouldn’t like to put my insurance cover to the test.
I hope the DVLA resume to previous levels of customer service before too long. On the other hand I imagine HMRC also deal with similar numbers of the public, and they managed to send me a letter that arrived 2 days after the end of the tax year 🤣
Hey everyone !!!
I’m not sure that the DVLA know themselves. However ... ( drum roll) ...I have news !!! I have received a letter today from DVLA telling me they have written to my GP. ( whether they have sent the letter yet or not is another matter as from other posts the fact they say they’ve done something doesn’t mean that they have ). I thought this would happen as I truthfully told the examining Dr that I had been suffering from , snd was on medication for, depression. They have said they expect to hear from my Dr within 4 weeks, but that it may take them « some time « 😱 to reach a decision . At least I now finally know that they know 1) that I still exist 2) that I went for my medical, and 3) that they’ve finally found the results of same ( which had been stuck in system) . For info for anyone who is interested I don’t know the cdt result but I have not drunk alcohol at all for nearly 2 years so it cannot be anything but acceptable .

Licence due back May 3rd, medical May 10th, License re-issued June 10th. I am a HRO, obviously but have no knowledge of my test results or if my doctor was spoken to. All I got was my licence in a DVLA envelope.
Update, today, after posting the above, I got a 2nd letter from the DVLA which said I had a CDT of 0.3, I think this letter should have got to me before the Licence. I went 100 days without drinking except less than a week before the medical and I had 3 pints one lunch time.

I had a medical 7 weeks ago and not heard a thing. Tried ringing DVLA and not been able to get through. I will try the 8.00am and 5.00pm slots as adivised in this thread today.
Also I have rang my GP and they have had no letters from DVLA.
I payed the £90 in February last year and it took 14 months to get a medical.
The doctor who did my medical told me I will be at the back of the queue as all key workers (WELL WHO SAY THEY ARE) as she put it get priority.
Who would have thought a load of our Covid Angels were drink drivers.

I had a medical 7 weeks ago and not heard a thing. Tried ringing DVLA and not been able to get through. I will try the 8.00am and 5.00pm slots as adivised in this thread today.
Also I have rang my GP and they have had no letters from DVLA.
I payed the £90 in February last year and it took 14 months to get a medical.
The doctor who did my medical told me I will be at the back of the queue as all key workers (WELL WHO SAY THEY ARE) as she put it get priority.
Who would have thought a load of our Covid Angels were drink drivers.
Very frustrating. I had my medical more or less same time (26/4). Heard nothing for 4 weeks. Fortunately after hundreds of attempts, got through to be told they’d not received questionnaire from Dr ( which had been sent , and was resent) .
Finally got letter last week to say they’d written to my GP. So what I’m saying is that 7 weeks not hearing is not unusual. I hope you get through.

I’m not sure how helpful or accurate the medical examiners comment was re you being at the back of the queue behind key workers . First time I’ve heard that and the DVLA seem too chaotic to differentiate.

I’m sure that as drink driving occurs across all sectors , some of the thousands in our situation will be key workers and I can imagine they’re as frustrated and stressed as everyone else.

Hope you hear soon . Please update if you get through on phone 🤞

Has anyone managed to contact the medical team, if so how have they contacted them.
Thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off