Drink alcohol free beer

Convicted Driver Insurance
I failed my first cdt test not realising the alcohol free timeline you needed. So i dont want nothing to get in the way this time. Been T-total since feb 25th but the cravings are creepying up. I will have to try it

Topchippies is right, even if it was .05% low alcohol you would drown before you were over the legal limit.
Enjoy a few low / no alcohol beers, but avoid Kaliber, you pee 2 pints for every pint you drink!

Topchippies is right, even if it was .05% low alcohol you would drown before you were over the legal limit.
Enjoy a few low / no alcohol beers, but avoid Kaliber, you pee 2 pints for every pint you drink!
John if i have a few i am up 4 times a night on this non alcoholic beer and glad i tried it as kills the craving for a real beer

Whilst waiting on my cdt test can i drink alcohol free beer
Zero alcohol cans of Budweiser are excellent. Tastes just like the real thing. I'm in AA and drink this when I am with friends. Kaliber is/was brewed by Guinness and is frankly disgusting.

If you are having 'cravings' it may mean you have a deeper problem with alcohol.

Stopping drinking to get your licence back is fine, but you may end up like me and lose it again when you start drinking after getting it back.

I would seriously advise looking at the reason you drink and what led you to lose your licence.

AA might be a way forward for you. It is not admission of failure but rather an acceptance that alcohol is causing you a problem in your life, especially given you have lost your licence and failed a CDT test because of it

Zero alcohol cans of Budweiser are excellent. Tastes just like the real thing. I'm in AA and drink this when I am with friends. Kaliber is/was brewed by Guinness and is frankly disgusting.

If you are having 'cravings' it may mean you have a deeper problem with alcohol.

Stopping drinking to get your licence back is fine, but you may end up like me and lose it again when you start drinking after getting it back.

I would seriously advise looking at the reason you drink and what led you to lose your licence.

AA might be a way forward for you. It is not admission of failure but rather an acceptance that alcohol is causing you a problem in your life, especially given you have lost your licence and failed a CDT test because of it
I sorted my problems out why i used to drink before. I wouldnt ever drink drive again. Its the watching the footy with a cold one or out in the sun with one that im missing. Thats why i was looking at the substitutes i can use. Just the worry incase any faults came up on a cdt with these 0% alcohol im worried about

I sorted my problems out why i used to drink before. I wouldnt ever drink drive again. Its the watching the footy with a cold one or out in the sun with one that im missing. Thats why i was looking at the substitutes i can use. Just the worry incase any faults came up on a cdt with these 0% alcohol im worried about
Its like drinking water and you have been told now so stop worrying man. There is no alcohol in it what so ever just the taste is like beer

Not entirely accurate - most AF beers are 0.05%
Most alcohol based sauces end up with more alcohol in them than even 0.5% alcohol “free” beers. Alcohol free 0.0/0.05/0.5 are all fine and will not raise your breath alcohol content. As a matter of fact after 0.5% Sam Adams Ghost Ships 3 weeks ago I was stopped at a roadside checkpoint around 20 minutes after my last one and blew 0.0. You would need to drink 20 of them within the space of 10 minutes to raise your breath to the same level as one 4% strength beer, an impossible task.

The ones quoted as 0.5% are normally not actually 0.5, that’s the maximum that’s allowed to be in them and most batches sit at the 0.05-0.2% range when tested. None of them will effect a CDT and none of them have effected my LFTs.

Most alcohol based sauces end up with more alcohol in them than even 0.5% alcohol “free” beers. Alcohol free 0.0/0.05/0.5 are all fine and will not raise your breath alcohol content. As a matter of fact after 0.5% Sam Adams Ghost Ships 3 weeks ago I was stopped at a roadside checkpoint around 20 minutes after my last one and blew 0.0. You would need to drink 20 of them within the space of 10 minutes to raise your breath to the same level as one 4% strength beer, an impossible task.

The ones quoted as 0.5% are normally not actually 0.5, that’s the maximum that’s allowed to be in them and most batches sit at the 0.05-0.2% range when tested. None of them will effect a CDT and none of them have effected my LFTs.
You are pretty clued up grice on all this stuff. What about shandy say 25/50 % lemonade as i have the odd shandy if we go for a meal and its 3/4 or 1/2 lemonade with john smiths beer.

You are pretty clued up grice on all this stuff. What about shandy say 25/50 % lemonade as i have the odd shandy if we go for a meal and its 3/4 or 1/2 lemonade with john smiths beer.

A pint of John Smiths beer at 3.6% strength is 2 units. A shandy with a half pint of John Smiths contains 1 unit and a shandy with a quarter of a pint of John Smiths is 0.5 units. Around 2 full pints is the limit for a man, so you have a bit more leeway before the limit with the quarter and half pint beer topped off by lemonade.

A pint of John Smiths beer at 3.6% strength is 2 units. A shandy with a half pint of John Smiths contains 1 unit and a shandy with a quarter of a pint of John Smiths is 0.5 units. Around 2 full pints is the limit for a man, so you have a bit more leeway before the limit with the quarter and half pint beer topped off by lemonade.
Thanks nicely explained

does anyone know if alcohol free beer with an abv of 0.05% effect a CDT? I am waiting for my medical licence to be renewed and still waiting for my letter to say I can go for my medical so I have been abstinent since 2018 as per Dvla request but wondered if alcohol free beers would effect the test? Also anyone have any luck with dvla at the moment? My medical licence expired in feb this year and thankfully I can still drive under section 88 but they have had my paperwork from my GP for over 3 months but whenever I call (also takes days to be able to get anyone on the phone) they say it’s waiting to be reviewed!

does anyone know if alcohol free beer with an abv of 0.05% effect a CDT? I am waiting for my medical licence to be renewed and still waiting for my letter to say I can go for my medical so I have been abstinent since 2018 as per Dvla request but wondered if alcohol free beers would effect the test? Also anyone have any luck with dvla at the moment? My medical licence expired in feb this year and thankfully I can still drive under section 88 but they have had my paperwork from my GP for over 3 months but whenever I call (also takes days to be able to get anyone on the phone) they say it’s waiting to be reviewed!
If you try reading the thread the question you are asking has already been answered

I drink 0% alcohol beer a couple of times a week. (Budweiser.)

My Medichecks CDT Test in July was 0.2%.

Alcohol free beer is okay.

The clue is in the words 'Alcohol Free'

The alcohol free Bavaria beer is quite nice and it is 0.0%. Asda do a four pack of 330ml bottles for a couple of quid. I did drink the Bavaria for a brief time when I first stopped drinking alcohol which is two years ago. I opt for soft drinks or a cup of tea these days!

I found the Becks alcohol free tasted a bit dower and as you say, there is still a very small alcohol content of 0.5% in it.

I do find alcohol free beer almost feels like having a Sunday dinner without the gravy and stuffing!!!!

CJ

The no of units in alcohol is based on the ABV in a litre, so a 500ml bottle of 4% alcohol would be 2 units etc. A pint (at 568ml) would be slightly more.

The only half-decent alcohol free beers I can tolerate is Brewdog's Nanny State and Marks and Spencer's Czech lager.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off