DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi i very rarely drink or smoke weed like i smoke it on and off been off it for a week and a while i dont smoke it much but i no i have medical soon just waiting for my letter, been waiting for my licence for 3 years i lost everything and ive had to rebuild my life , so is there any detox kits to help cleanse my body and i dont smoke either nevee have but a joint now and then, how long shall I stay off it and do they automatically do a weed test , i no im defo having drink one but that will be sound any help guys will be most appreciated thanks

For drink driving the blood is only tested for CDT, unless there is some indication of drug use, which would only come from the questionnaire or from doctors notes if they did check with your GP about your health and drugs were mentioned in the notes. If that was the case, then they could also require a urine sample to test for drugs.
Hopefully you will get your licence back, but if you do continue to have a joint here and there, you have to realise that you can fail a drugs test for cannabis quite a few hours after you feel completely fine, perhaps 24 hours so plan your driving accordingly.

Does anybody have any advice on how to get the DVLA to hurry up? Ban removed early in late January. They received my renewal form on 6 February. Took two months to reply that my ban wasn't up. They received my letter re-stating correct details on 7 April. I have tried phoning ( took me 40! goes to get through), only to be told have to wait and see. Emailed medical appointments section AND Tim Burton to absolutely no response. This saga has already being going on for nearly four months with no apparent progress. It's frustrating by itself but I am also job hunting so am having to limit myself to those accessible by public transport. Any sympathy I had for DVLA staff having to work though the pandemic is rapidly disappearing.

After this length of time, you are justified in making a formal complaint.
Point out that the court have seen fit to grant you your licence back early and they are unreasonably holding up the process.

You can do it on the link below:

Reactions: RSC
After this length of time, you are justified in making a formal complaint.
Point out that the court have seen fit to grant you your licence back early and they are unreasonably holding up the process.

You can do it on the link below:

Thank you However the effing DVLA website keeps telling me my driving licence number is not valid. They really seem to enjoy making life as difficult as possible for banned drivers............

Thank you However the effing DVLA website keeps telling me my driving licence number is not valid. They really seem to enjoy making life as difficult as possible for banned drivers............
If you click the second one, which says you are making a complaint about the medical rather then about your driving licence then you can complete the form.... I just tried it and whilst it does ask for your driving licence number, it lets you continue with the form without filling that box in.

If you click the second one, which says you are making a complaint about the medical rather then about your driving licence then you can complete the form.... I just tried it and whilst it does ask for your driving licence number, it lets you continue with the form without filling that box in.
Just done Many thanks for your input

So I had my medical on the 11th of June, just phoned to check what's going on and they've received my blood's, but can't tell me the results as he's not medically trained and they're still waiting for the paper work that was done at the same as the blood's!

So I had my medical on the 11th of June, just phoned to check what's going on and they've received my blood's, but can't tell me the results as he's not medically trained and they're still waiting for the paper work that was done at the same as the blood's!
Hi,
The same thing happened to me this was my
second blood test, the doctors didn’t send the forms in as I’d done the forms the first time so I have no idea what they will do now,
They just said they will chase the doctors on my behalf, it’s a joke

My own experience was they received the paperwork 12 days after they received the bloods.

I don't understand how/why it isn't all sent together?! It's like extra punishment making you wait past your disqualified end date!

And in today's episode of how not to run a public sector organisation starring the DVLA. Ban removed early on Jan 21 (original end late August) Just checked with the court and the DVLA is automatically notified on the day of the court hearing. Licence renewal received early Feb. Late March DVLA reply saying still banned. Immediately replied rebutting this. Total silence. Raised two formal complaint emails. Received letter earlier this month about booking medical which I assumed was a result of the complaints. Oh no that would be reasonable.

Today received written reply to my complaint saying that I am still banned and the medical form was sent as a result of this being nearly up. DVLA basically blaming the court for not keeping them updated. Just spoken to the court who confirmed that DVLA was informed in January and would be again today.

Is there anything can I do to hurry this up? Now in the totally surreal situation of having to make another formal compliant about their response to a formal compliant.

I don't understand how/why it isn't all sent together?! It's like extra punishment making you wait past your disqualified end date!
I was due my licence back on March 11, I paid for the course in order to get a reduction on my ban, and it now seems I should have saved my money as I’ve lost 3months of it so far, my first blood test was damaged/ contaminated so had to rebook it all these delays are driving me potty

The same happened to me . The bloods are sent to the DVLA from a lab , not from the examining Dr. The forms in my case WERE sent to the DVLA by the examining Dr on same day as appointment but one month later the DVLA said they had no trace of them and they were sent twice more .

And in today's episode of how not to run a public sector organisation starring the DVLA. Ban removed early on Jan 21 (original end late August) Just checked with the court and the DVLA is automatically notified on the day of the court hearing. Licence renewal received early Feb. Late March DVLA reply saying still banned. Immediately replied rebutting this. Total silence. Raised two formal complaint emails. Received letter earlier this month about booking medical which I assumed was a result of the complaints. Oh no that would be reasonable.

Today received written reply to my complaint saying that I am still banned and the medical form was sent as a result of this being nearly up. DVLA basically blaming the court for not keeping them updated. Just spoken to the court who confirmed that DVLA was informed in January and would be again today.

Is there anything can I do to hurry this up? Now in the totally surreal situation of having to make another formal compliant about their response to a formal compliant.
The whole thing is preposterous isn’t it and I can’t suggest anything . Sorry. Maybe others can ? It’s a total joke and YCMIU. The situation at DVLA is worsening by the day. Latest news is that work is being contracted out to a private company on account if the strike by DVLA staff. This has obviously worsened relations and the dispute seems to be intensifying.

The same happened to me . The bloods are sent to the DVLA from a lab , not from the examining Dr. The forms in my case WERE sent to the DVLA by the examining Dr on same day as appointment but one month later the DVLA said they had no trace of them and they were sent twice more .
I don’t get it, Dvla have my first form, but I had to redo the forms again Why can’t they use the forms they have? They said no it needs to be done again! The answers are the same. Lucky enough I did fill the forms in the second time as the Dr said I didn’t need them I’m hoping the Dr sent them I will call the surgery tomorrow to check

I don’t get it, Dvla have my first form, but I had to redo the forms again Why can’t they use the forms they have? They said no it needs to be done again! The answers are the same. Lucky enough I did fill the forms in the second time as the Dr said I didn’t need them I’m hoping the Dr sent them I will call the surgery tomorrow to check
The doctors are inconsistent with how they do things as I didn’t get chance to fill form in . He asked me questions and then he filled it in. I don’t understand anything other than that the process is inefficient!!!

When I have ever got to speak with the DVLA, usually in an attempt to trace communications they say they haven’t received, they tell me that if I can provide them with the email address, date , time email sent , they will be able to trace it. Apart from complaining again it might be worth contacting court got that info, and asking them to resend. Then , if you’ve got a spare day or two, you could try and ring DVLA with that info. Only a suggestion. Mind you, I’ve just read they are on strike today, tomorrow and Thursday , so you may get that fob off message when you ring ( if it’s not engaged ). We feel your pain.

Hi ,
I am due to get my licence back August the 7th . I am sadly a 2nd time offender HRO so will need a medical . I should have received a d27 May the 9th 90 days before , I have still not received anything off the DVLA with only 45 days left to go . I gave them a week and sent the D1 form which was signed as being received on the 19th May. Do I need to wait for the dvla to respond, what info do they send out before booking a medical or could I get the ball rolling and just book in with a dvla doctor and send the results. I am in the derby area, I have searched online and found a nuffield health clinic. Would it even be worth booking it for a few weeks time and hope and pray that the dvla respond before the date .
Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi ,
I am due to get my licence back August the 7th . I am sadly a 2nd time offender HRO so will need a medical . I should have received a d27 May the 9th 90 days before , I have still not received anything off the DVLA with only 45 days left to go . I gave them a week and sent the D1 form which was signed as being received on the 19th May. Do I need to wait for the dvla to respond, what info do they send out before booking a medical or could I get the ball rolling and just book in with a dvla doctor and send the results. I am in the derby area, I have searched online and found a nuffield health clinic. Would it even be worth booking it for a few weeks time and hope and pray that the dvla respond before the date .
Any advice would be appreciated.
A DVLA Dr will not book you in until they have received the paperwork from the DVLA. What will happen is the DVLA will- eventually - send you a letter telling you who to book in with . You will then need to ring them to get an appointment. Hopefully they’ll write to you soon .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off