Drink driving and driving while disqualified

Convicted Driver Insurance

Claire121

Hello, I have been charged with drink driving and driving while disqualified, this will be my second offence of drink driving, i am due to appear before the magistrate in 2 weeks what outcome would i be looking at? I work full time as a care assistant and have a 3 year old child my record is clean other than these offences I know what I done was wrong and feel very shameful but I’m just hoping they don’t send me to prison, any help would be grateful, thanks.

Was the first offence within the past 10 years? If so, how recent was it?
What was your reading the first time?
Art you disqualified because of drink driving?

Was the first offence within the past 10 years? If so, how recent was it?
What was your reading the first time?
Art you disqualified because of drink driving?
The first offence was may last year and it was double the limit and yes i am disqualified for drunk driving.

Oh dear, that is not good.
couple more things, what was the length of the first ban and what was your reading this time?

I think you should speak to a solicitor.
You have been caught drunk driving at 3 times the legal limit whilst banned for 18 months a year ago, the court will certainly ask for a pre sentence report and will warn you that custody could be an option.
You are likely to face a 3-4 year ban, and a community penalty if you are lucky enough to avoid prison.
You should make sure that your solicitor asks for you to be offered the Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course as that will take up to 25% off your ban if you complete it. The court may order you to attend a Drink Impaired Driver Course (DIDS) as part of the community penalty. That is compulsory and is 30 hours over 15 weeks. This does not, however, get you a reduction in your ban which is why the DDRS course should be requested as well.
You will also face a big obstacle getting your licence back at the end of the ban. You will be viewed as alcohol dependent and will have to satisfy DVLA that you have not consumed alcohol for at least 12 months.

I think you should speak to a solicitor.
You have been caught drunk driving at 3 times the legal limit whilst banned for 18 months a year ago, the court will certainly ask for a pre sentence report and will warn you that custody could be an option.
You are likely to face a 3-4 year ban, and a community penalty if you are lucky enough to avoid prison.
You should make sure that your solicitor asks for you to be offered the Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course as that will take up to 25% off your ban if you complete it. The court may order you to attend a Drink Impaired Driver Course (DIDS) as part of the community penalty. That is compulsory and is 30 hours over 15 weeks. This does not, however, get you a reduction in your ban which is why the DDRS course should be requested as well.
You will also face a big obstacle getting your licence back at the end of the ban. You will be viewed as alcohol dependent and will have to satisfy DVLA that you have not consumed alcohol for at least 12 months.
Thanks for the advice, I will do everything I can to try and avoid prison as i have a child, of course I’m sorry but the courts will not take it easy on me due to my current ban, I suppose I’m just going to have to wait and see what happens in 2 weeks.

Was the first offence in the last 10yrs well yer 😄👌
That was not a smart comment. The poster did not say she was disqualified for drink driving when she was caught this time.... her ban could have finished for the first drink driving and she was subsequently banned for something else, totting up for example. I wanted to be sure of the position before advising her.
You really do not seem to be bringing much to the forum, except to pick silly points.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off