Dealing with the depression...

Convicted Driver Insurance

Carguy123

Hi

I’ve posted before about getting charged for dangerous driving after failing to stop and being charged for drink driving on the same incident..

Going to wait few months before I get a court date and charged ...

I accept I was in the wrong

However, this depression I am feeling from all this is crazy.

A lot of my income was coming from my deliveries, and the fact that I could be banned for 4-5 years is making me insanely depressed to the point I feel sick.

this incident happened a week ago, I can barely force myself to eat a meal... I have no appetite for the last week... I sleep all day and night as an escape from the reality of what I did as a coping mechanism...

I have gone out and met some friends however as soon as I get home the feelings of extreme depression overcome me as I basically live alone ... and when I go outside it’s still all I think about.

I’m 24 so being banned at this age will have a huge impact on me financially, the lack of freedom is making me slightly suicidal (but I wouldn’t commit suicide).

How does one cope mentally knowing that the freedom of driving is taken away for 3-4 years?

How can I get myself to go back to a life without a car?

my question really is how did you guys who are on a ban deal with feelings of depression and anxiety?

living alone makes it hard to cope as you have nobody to talk to to distract yourself.

The only way to describe how this feels is that it feels 20x worse than a heartbreak or a girlfriend cheating on you.

Last edited:
Get yourself to the doctors sounds like you need some antidepressants i know how you feel I am 1yr into a 3 and half year ban you adapt and becomes the norm not driving.
Once you have been to court you will feel alot better like a weight is lifted try and think positive you didn't kill yourself or anyone else then you would be looking at a 10yr stretch inside and a life time of guilt

Get yourself to the doctors sounds like you need some antidepressants i know how you feel I am 1yr into a 3 and half year ban you adapt and becomes the norm not driving.
Once you have been to court you will feel alot better like a weight is lifted try and think positive you didn't kill yourself or anyone else then you would be looking at a 10yr stretch inside and a life time of guilt
Do anti depressants work?

How comes you got a 3 and half year ban? What was your breathalyser results ?

Hi

I’ve posted before about getting charged for dangerous driving after failing to stop and being charged for drink driving on the same incident..

A lot of my income was coming from my deliveries, and the fact that I could be banned for 4-5 years is making me insanely depressed to the point I feel sick.

this incident happened a week ago, I can barely force myself to eat a meal... I have no appetite for the last week... I sleep all day and night as an escape from the reality of what I did as a coping mechanism...

I have gone out and met some friends however as soon as I get home the feelings of extreme depression overcome me as I basically live alone ... and when I go outside it’s still all I think about.

I’m 24 so being banned at this age will have a huge impact on me financially, the lack of freedom is making me slightly suicidal (but I wouldn’t commit suicide).

How does one cope mentally knowing that the freedom of driving is taken away for 3-4 years?
Hi

my question really is how did you guys who are on a ban deal with feelings of depression and anxiety?

living alone makes it hard to cope as you have nobody to talk to to distract yourself.

The only way to describe how this feels is that it feels 20x worse than a heartbreak or a girlfriend cheating on you.
I’ve messaged you
Hi

I’ve messaged you 🤗

I was sorry to read how low you feel
Re driving - you learn to cope & get to know the public transport system. Also friends help you will be surprised
There are a lot of people who don’t have a car for lots of reasons such as people living in London or cities or those with health issues. Some on this forum used bikes or ebikes
If you are in an area of very poor transport links that is more difficult but you may find local neighbours will give lifts if you give some money. Needing your licence for your job that is the one thing you will not have unless they could give you access to a desk job someone must be in an office ? If you no it’s a no go perhaps try to get a home based job which many companies are moving to - call centre sales etc - but
Sometimes having a plan helps but it’s individual
I live alone & found a) Friends were helpful b) I journalised a lot all my feelings etc it helped as I
I had a long wait for court may - End October due to delay with bloods that was the hardest it gets easier
After court. Just a day at a time & if planning helps you do so
You have not killed anyone
Don’t let it define you - talk to your friends

I was sorry to read how low you feel
Re driving - you learn to cope & get to know the public transport system. Also friends help you will be surprised
There are a lot of people who don’t have a car for lots of reasons such as people living in London or cities or those with health issues. Some on this forum used bikes or ebikes
If you are in an area of very poor transport links that is more difficult but you may find local neighbours will give lifts if you give some money. Needing your licence for your job that is the one thing you will not have unless they could give you access to a desk job someone must be in an office ? If you no it’s a no go perhaps try to get a home based job which many companies are moving to - call centre sales etc - but
Sometimes having a plan helps but it’s individual
I live alone & found a) Friends were helpful b) I journalised a lot all my feelings etc it helped as I
I had a long wait for court may - End October due to delay with bloods that was the hardest it gets easier
After court. Just a day at a time & if planning helps you do so
You have not killed anyone
Don’t let it define you - talk to your friends
Hi
Thanks for your response and advice.

I do have friends who drive and at the moment I work from home and also previously did deliveries before writing my car off..

right now I do not need to travel to work as the office is now in my home rather than an actual office...

but when things go back to normal I will have to go back to the office and travel to work...

It’s just the mental aspect of all this is hard to deal with but I guess only time can heal that and help with it..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off