DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
hi all

I had my medical on 8th feb and still haven't received any information from DVLA. I ring and email them all the time and all they can tell me is I have to wait. I went 6 weeks without drinking anything before my medical. has anyone else had to/or still waiting for nearly 3 months the same as me?
ONLY 4 WEEKS FROM BLOOD TEST TO BACK ON THE ROAD

Hi, I rang the DVLA today for an update on whether they had received medical results and questionnaire, I was told they have the results but are waiting on the questionnaire. After the phone call I rang the clinic where I had the medical and was told they send out the questionnaire at the same time as the bloods, so I’m now wondering if they are waiting for the questionnaire from my GP’s? Seems too quick for them to have decided to contact GP after the medical was only last week.

Hi, I rang the DVLA today for an update on whether they had received medical results and questionnaire, I was told they have the results but are waiting on the questionnaire. After the phone call I rang the clinic where I had the medical and was told they send out the questionnaire at the same time as the bloods, so I’m now wondering if they are waiting for the questionnaire from my GP’s? Seems too quick for them to have decided to contact GP after the medical was only last week.
Sometimes itss like getting blood out a stone, thing is when you want answers and you don't seem to be getting any at all, you should call your gp and ask if they filled out a questionnaire and if it was posted to the dvla, and when?I hope nothing is lost in the mail with your application etc, I know how I felt I wanted it all done ASAP and felt it all went at a snails pace, if there's anything else I can answer I will, or even try help you look for answers,

Sometimes itss like getting blood out a stone, thing is when you want answers and you don't seem to be getting any at all, you should call your gp and ask if they filled out a questionnaire and if it was posted to the dvla, and when?I hope nothing is lost in the mail with your application etc, I know how I felt I wanted it all done ASAP and felt it all went at a snails pace, if there's anything else I can answer I will, or even try help you look for answers,
Thank you, yes it’s starting to feel like a snails pace! I tried ringing the GP but was in a queue for an hour then it closed, I’ll be surprised if they contacted the GP already it’s either that or the medical questionnaire has been lost. My ban is up at midnight wasn’t expecting to drive straight after the ban but hoping it’s within a month at least.

Thank you, yes it’s starting to feel like a snails pace! I tried ringing the GP but was in a queue for an hour then it closed, I’ll be surprised if they contacted the GP already it’s either that or the medical questionnaire has been lost. My ban is up at midnight wasn’t expecting to drive straight after the ban but hoping it’s within a month at least.
Snails pace you can say that again. 10 weeks this week since i sent the D1 form and still nothing :cry:

I finally have a date for my HRO medical. 25th May. Over 2 months after my ban expired. I've not touched a drop of alcohol since NYE, so I'm not worried about my CDT level. Slightly worried that the DVLA may take a previous LFT (which came back all clear) around 3 years ago into consideration.
Does anyone know a rough timescale of how long they take after the medical to make a decision?

10 weeks! That’s a joke there does not seem to be any consistency in timeframes some people have quick turnarounds then others seem to be forgotten about like yourself hopefully it hurry’s up for you. Timeframes after the medicals can be around 4 weeks after but again could be a lot longer.

10 weeks! That’s a joke there does not seem to be any consistency in timeframes some people have quick turnarounds then others seem to be forgotten about like yourself hopefully it hurry’s up for you. Timeframes after the medicals can be around 4 weeks after but again could be a lot longer.
Also it’s not helping that some of the DVLA voted to go on strike again this week so more time will be added to the waiting time as they have reduced staff levels.

I'm really fed up. I've been contacting DVLA via the bot since I submitted my app (14 April) and I can't get through and they are on strike this week ! They haven't cashed my cheque so none the wiser. Meant to have my medical before then and licence back 29 May - not going to happen - but it's not going to be until Oct at this rate. Just needed a moan :(

Anyone have any tips? for the medical side of it? The 03007906801 number is a dead end this week. I've just tweeted them but it's all queries about driving tests and theory.

I'm really fed up. I've been contacting DVLA via the bot since I submitted my app (14 April) and I can't get through and they are on strike this week ! They haven't cashed my cheque so none the wiser. Meant to have my medical before then and licence back 29 May - not going to happen - but it's not going to be until Oct at this rate. Just needed a moan :(

Anyone have any tips? for the medical side of it? The 03007906801 number is a dead end this week. I've just tweeted them but it's all queries about driving tests and theory.
I rang this number yesterday ( 03007906806 ) it goes to an automated thing saying they are busy but keep trying it took me 49 attempts but got through eventually. This is for the medical team, good luck.

I rang this number yesterday ( 03007906806 ) it goes to an automated thing saying they are busy but keep trying it took me 49 attempts but got through eventually. This is for the medical team, good luck.
Thank you so much - that's really helpful :) I just got through and they have received my application which is being processed to the next stage. Bit of a wait now I guess.

Last edited:
I had exactly the same issue. It took two weeks for the DVLA to receive and scan in the questionnaire that went along with the blood test.

Thing os when you do get your license back, you have the worry now of being on 1 year lense for god knows how long, what happens if eye sight detoriates your screwed haha

Thing os when you do get your license back, you have the worry now of being on 1 year lense for god knows how long, what happens if eye sight detoriates your screwed haha
Hope I’m not on a one year license but will be better than not having one.

Moan/complaint incoming. Feel free to mute etc DVLA has had my renewal since Jan. Took two months to wrongly reply. Now two months later I am STILL waiting on a medical appointment - is there any way of hurrying this up?

Moan/complaint incoming. Feel free to mute etc DVLA has had my renewal since Jan. Took two months to wrongly reply. Now two months later I am STILL waiting on a medical appointment - is there any way of hurrying this up?
I sent my D1 in November and I'm still waiting nearly 6 months now, called yesterday same old response keep an eye on the post 😆

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off