DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi There,
Just thought Id give some info of my experience, it was a 5 month process overall.
I am a HRO - with previous alcohol misuse + mental health medication
November 20th 2020 - applied for licence
Medical postponed multiple times due to covid
Feb 22nd - Medical finally took place
March 9th - DVLA sent letter advising they'd contact GP for further info
April 8th - Spoke to GP who advised report was sent in early March
April 8th - emailed Tim Burton requesting an update
April 9th - DVLA called and advised Id been issued with 1 year licence as of midnight tonight.
Also, I abstained from any alcohol for 14 months prior to CDT test and got result

hi how long did it take all in all from medical to getting your licence back
Hi all

I thought I would share my experience to getting license.

Early jan renewal form submitted.
Early feb 2021 got allocated a Medical.
Had medical on 17th March
Full license issued on 13th April.

1st offence, blew 95 on roadside. No doctor contacted.

Hi all

I thought I would share my experience to getting license.

Early jan renewal form submitted.
Early feb 2021 got allocated a Medical.
Had medical on 17th March
Full license issued on 13th April.

1st offence, blew 95 on roadside. No doctor contacted.
YES IVE NO GOT MINE BACK TODAY SO ITS TAKEN 4 WEEKS TODAY FROM BLOOD TEST

Hi All,

An update from me, i had my medical yesterday, very straightforward, took bloods, went through my questionnaire briefly. I think it helped a lot that i confirmed i haven't had a drink since Jan 10th 2020, so about 450+ days dry, which allowed the Dr to tick his questions off. He advised it would all be sent off to the lab, and can take up to 6 weeks, but as my alcohol level should be very low, he said it could go through in a couple of weeks.
I was very honest on the questionnaire, obviously no issues in the last year, but stated in the last 3 years i have misused alcohol. Also confirmed i have had mental health issues, confirmed to the GP i am on a low dose of Sertraline. He didn't seem too bothered or questioned it any further.

In respect to getting this appointment, all i can advise is to book it ASAP, although the letter from the DVLA states you have to pay when booking (this may vary GP to GP) but the one i was assigned to stated i pay on the day, so don't let funds stop you from calling and booking. It sounds like the majority are running one DVLA appointment a week, so you can imagine the timeframe it may take even if you called today. I had to wait a couple of months.

Quick question, i have read a couple of times when waiting for the DVLA to confirm a new licence has been granted, the person is constantly refreshing a website to see the confirmation of this.....am i right in thinking this is the Gov.UK one where you can see your licence details, or is there another?

Any questions, i am happy to answer if anyone is at this stage or about to begin it.

Thanks
Hi there so on the dvla view or share your license info, this should be updated as soon as the dvla confirm anything,even before a letter is sent out to anyone, this is what I'm checking daily, how long does it take to get results back after going for the medical?

Hi there so on the dvla view or share your license info, this should be updated as soon as the dvla confirm anything,even before a letter is sent out to anyone, this is what I'm checking daily, how long does it take to get results back after going for the medical?
Times vary but my recent experience and similar recently is about 4 weeks after the date of the medical IF no further checks with your GP are required (and your CDT test level is low enough)

I had my medical on the 2nd march 2021 and recieved a full driving license status on the 13th april so it took 6weeks. A week after the status changed online i receieved my license and cdt test results. Mine took 6weeks as the dvla misplaced my first set of medical questions recieved by the doctor!

I had my medical on the 2nd march 2021 and recieved a full driving license status on the 13th april so it took 6weeks. A week after the status changed online i receieved my license and cdt test results. Mine took 6weeks as the dvla misplaced my first set of medical questions recieved by the doctor!
Miss t88 did you do a sunjwct access request to get your CDT results? Or some other way? Thanks

Thanks for the reply id impinge the cdt results will be fine as I've not drank since I was convicted ( 2017) but there's still that what if they flag up something else pain relief prescribed meds etc or even something about my liver etc etc if my license is given back to me I can safely say I will never drink drive again. Thank you for your reply I appreciate it.

Thanks for the reply id impinge the cdt results will be fine as I've not drank since I was convicted ( 2017) but there's still that what if they flag up something else pain relief prescribed meds etc or even something about my liver etc etc if my license is given back to me I can safely say I will never drink drive again. Thank you for your reply I appreciate it.
Why are loads of others who post on this forum who are HROs are also on pain or anxiety meds! The assessment about whether the GP will be contacted is based on what you put on the form. I understand stating that you are taking any non standard medication will trigger that. Also obviously if you state you have a drinking problem.

Why are loads of others who post on this forum who are HROs are also on pain or anxiety meds! The assessment about whether the GP will be contacted is based on what you put on the form. I understand stating that you are taking any non standard medication will trigger that. Also obviously if you state you have a drinking problem.
Those meds are for my back and sore heads for which I got when I left the hospital in 2018 after being knocked down, and they ve never changed tbh apart from a few others I've tried but a don't like the affect of feeling groggy way, a suppose its just a waiting game now to see what happens and read a few posts on here to see whats being said etc, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment

Just a wee update
Ps I wouldn't know why loads of other are pain relief you'd need to ask them or ring there doctor , full license has been issued back as of today, just a wee update for you,

Hi All,
Quick update from me, my medical took place on 07/04, i received a letter from the DVLA dated 21/04 stating that they have written to my GP to ensure that they don't have any concerns that my 'medical conditions' don't have any affects on my ability to control a vehicle.

I have since had a call with someone at the DVLA, who provided the same update and they are awaiting a response from my GP, i asked if there were issues with my medical, and he stated it automatically refers our to the GP when you state on the questionnaire if you have had a history of alcohol misuse in the last 6 years (not sure if this 100% the process or it's still rather random), but i had a feeling this may be the case when answering, the last thing i wanted to do was be dishonest about alcohol issues in the past, and they randomly check with my GP anyway.

My CDT score came back as 0.5% which i hope goes someway in demonstrating that i haven't had alcohol since Jan 10th 2020. But from other posts it seems you can register that score with abstaining for a month or so! :LOL: so i guess it all comes down to whether my GP gives the nod or not.

The gent at the DVLA did advise once the report is received back, the next step is to issue the licence as long as no other medical issues.

If you're in the same stage, pass the following email onto your GP rather than letting them post it back, as it will cut the time in half:

GP to email: eftd@dvla.gov.uk

I am hoping within the next 2 weeks there should be a resolution, so the timeframe i have read of around 6 weeks from the medical makes sense.

Thanks

hi all

I had my medical on 8th feb and still haven't received any information from DVLA. I ring and email them all the time and all they can tell me is I have to wait. I went 6 weeks without drinking anything before my medical. has anyone else had to/or still waiting for nearly 3 months the same as me?

hi all

I had my medical on 8th feb and still haven't received any information from DVLA. I ring and email them all the time and all they can tell me is I have to wait. I went 6 weeks without drinking anything before my medical. has anyone else had to/or still waiting for nearly 3 months the same as me? 29th April, let me say, it was a total nightmare waiting for that reply
They must need more information i went for my medical on 7th April dvla received and passed info over to medical dept and received my license back on

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off