Help with booking theory

Convicted Driver Insurance

JonTheIdiot

Hi,

I was banned in 2018 for 27 months which expired on 08.01.21 for a DR10 and I have passed a CDT test as well as a urine test.

I received a letter in the post yesterday saying that I will receive a group 1 car/motorcycle license within the next 14 days (already nearly 4 months after my ban was up)

today a provisional license has turned up. My mother who was in court with me did say she thought that they would make me resit my test

So this morning I accepted that I have to resit a theory and extended test but when I’ve gone on to book a theory it says I am not elegible to take one.

the phone number provided just hangs up on me.

any ideas what I should do? Thanks a lot

This seems strange. The judge/magistrate can stipulate that you need to re-sit your test if you want your licence back, but you should have been told that at court. If you had a lawyer, contact them and get them to check the sentence. I've had 2 bans since 2016 but there was no recommendation that I re-sit my test. Did you crash your car or injure anyone while driving under the influence. I would certainly question this.

PS - You are not half the idiot I was :")

This seems strange. The judge/magistrate can stipulate that you need to re-sit your test if you want your licence back, but you should have been told that at court. If you had a lawyer, contact them and get them to check the sentence. I've had 2 bans since 2016 but there was no recommendation that I re-sit my test. Did you crash your car or injure anyone while driving under the influence. I would certainly question this.

PS - You are not half the idiot I was :")

I crashed the car. I couldn’t really concentrate while in court but my mother said she thinks they said I had to resit.

ive tried to book a theory but it says I’m not eligible and I’ve tried to book a driving test but it says I need to input a theory pass number to do that.

ive called 3 different dvla numbers and tried emailing but to no avail

I crashed the car. I couldn’t really concentrate while in court but my mother said she thinks they said I had to resit.

ive tried to book a theory but it says I’m not eligible and I’ve tried to book a driving test but it says I need to input a theory pass number to do that.

ive called 3 different dvla numbers and tried emailing but to no avail
You can check your licence status on the DVLA website at this address

This will tell you what your sentence was.

If you do require to re-sit, then not being able to book a theory test is probably a computer error. I know this doesn't help, but all you can do is keep badgering them.

You can check your licence status on the DVLA website at this address

This will tell you what your sentence was.

If you do require to re-sit, then not being able to book a theory test is probably a computer error. I know this doesn't help, but all you can do is keep badgering them.
Yes I’ve tried the license check but it says there’s no information available for me.

just spoke to solicitor who confirmed I need to sit an extended test but they had no advice on how to get through to the dvla

there’s no bloody email address online and each number I’ve called just hangs up! I feel like giving up myself!

Yes I’ve tried the license check but it says there’s no information available for me.

just spoke to solicitor who confirmed I need to sit an extended test but they had no advice on how to get through to the dvla

there’s no bloody email address online and each number I’ve called just hangs up! I feel like giving up myself!
Check this link. It gives you some pointers for contacting DVLA.

Hope you get there in the end.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off