Finally started the application process

Convicted Driver Insurance

DonkeyKong

Established Member
Haven’t posted here in a while. About 3 weeks ago, I sent in my application to DVLA to request my license back. I could have actually done this a year ago, after 30 (-7 for TLC) month ban expired but then COVID happened and I didn’t bother. Lucky enough to have spent the whole extra year WFH without needing to drive. But now it’s time.
Is it right that currently, I should expect a reply back from them in the next 3 weeks, and then I have 12 weeks to arrange the medical?
Hope all those of you I used to talk to are all sorted now.
Cheers!

Form and cheque sent back to me without being processed after 3 weeks. I had written 2020 on my last remaining cheque, and crossed it out, wrote 2021, and initialed the mistake. Before I sent it, I called the DVLA who said the initialed change would be fine. I was told the cheque would be accepted. The rejection letter I just received states they can not accept “modified” cheques. Ordered a new cheque book and need to start the process again. Calls currently taking about 40 mins to answer. Been told to resubmit with a new cheque. Actually thinking I might be best sending a Postal Order on Tuesday.

Form and cheque sent back to me without being processed after 3 weeks. I had written 2020 on my last remaining cheque, and crossed it out, wrote 2021, and initialed the mistake. Before I sent it, I called the DVLA who said the initialed change would be fine. I was told the cheque would be accepted. The rejection letter I just received states they can not accept “modified” cheques. Ordered a new cheque book and need to start the process again. Calls currently taking about 40 mins to answer. Been told to resubmit with a new cheque. Actually thinking I might be best sending a Postal Order on Tuesday.
I sent a postal order as I don't have a cheque book. They charge a fortune for postal orders BTW. Bah!

I sent a postal order as I don't have a cheque book. They charge a fortune for postal orders BTW. Bah!
i did the same back in nov last year waited a mouth for the to send it back so sent p.o and waited a mouth end of jan got a letter to say book your blood test that tuck 2 mouths to book had it on 17th march and still waiting

Received a letter from DVLA this morning.......only waited two months for them to say I had applied too early. Numpties hadn't caught up with my ban being recinded. Another two months wait I fear..... AAAGGGGH.

Received a letter from DVLA this morning.......only waited two months for them to say I had applied too early. Numpties hadn't caught up with my ban being recinded. Another two months wait I fear..... AAAGGGGH.
It may not be their fault, the court may not have notified them of the outcome.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off