RELEASED UNDER INVESTIGATION DRUG DRIVING

Convicted Driver Insurance

Seann94

Hi guys,
I hope you can help relax my mind abit,

i got pulled over on Sunday 5th December 2020 and they swabbed me and then took me to the station to get my blood taken shortly after.
I was very cooperative with both officers and when I went to the station. One of the officers gave me some hope and said he saw someone have a stronger reading than me on the swab test and the blood results came back negative.

I have been smoking that crap religiously for the last few years but since that day I haven’t thought about it (learning my lesson already).
I told the officer that the last time I took a hit was in the morning so nothing precise. Even though I had a half smoked spliff in the car at that time. And most probably another 2/3 from the “morning”.

I don’t know what to ask from anyone of you guys on the forum so anymore information can help.

but to start....
Any stories of previous people going through what I’m going through? How long does it take? Will it give me a criminal record? I have a clean license but had a lot of points prior to that which all came off, will the judge have records of this?
What arguments are strong?
anything the police did wrong which I can use as defense?

from what I understand I will come out of court with a minimum 12 month ban and a criminal record for possession of cannabis.. after having 2 prior warnings to this one.

thank you everyone

Hi guys,
I hope you can help relax my mind abit,

i got pulled over on Sunday 5th December 2020 and they swabbed me and then took me to the station to get my blood taken shortly after.
I was very cooperative with both officers and when I went to the station. One of the officers gave me some hope and said he saw someone have a stronger reading than me on the swab test and the blood results came back negative.

I have been smoking that crap religiously for the last few years but since that day I haven’t thought about it (learning my lesson already).
I told the officer that the last time I took a hit was in the morning so nothing precise. Even though I had a half smoked spliff in the car at that time. And most probably another 2/3 from the “morning”.

I don’t know what to ask from anyone of you guys on the forum so anymore information can help.

but to start....
Any stories of previous people going through what I’m going through? How long does it take? Will it give me a criminal record? I have a clean license but had a lot of points prior to that which all came off, will the judge have records of this?
What arguments are strong?
anything the police did wrong which I can use as defense?

from what I understand I will come out of court with a minimum 12 month ban and a criminal record for possession of cannabis.. after having 2 prior warnings to this one.

thank you everyone
Hi buddy I was convicted in March 2019 also for thc and I only use resin.if you smoked in the morning you will be over on your bloods and you say you smoke a lot.you will be banned for drug driving dg10 endorsement for 4 years on your licence and a criminal conviction.you will not be classed ask hro and shouldn't have to sit a dvla medical for return of your licence.i spent over 8 grand on a drug driving solicitor as I was desperate and they where crap.your blood resaults will take 4 to 8 weeks to come back.in my option mate if your bloods come back over which they will accept it,go to court hope for 12 month ban and a small fine. You will adapt to public transport and things do get easier with time.

Hi buddy I was convicted in March 2019 also for thc and I only use resin.if you smoked in the morning you will be over on your bloods and you say you smoke a lot.you will be banned for drug driving dg10 endorsement for 4 years on your licence and a criminal conviction.you will not be classed ask hro and shouldn't have to sit a dvla medical for return of your licence.i spent over 8 grand on a drug driving solicitor as I was desperate and they where crap.your blood resaults will take 4 to 8 weeks to come back.in my option mate if your bloods come back over which they will accept it,go to court hope for 12 month ban and a small fine. You will adapt to public transport and things do get easier with time.

Hello, thanks for your reply, you gave me no glimpse of hope lol but I appreciate the honesty (it is what it is)

I talked to somebody which he told me he got caught start of this year and due to corona they said he wasn’t over.

what will I expect in court? Like you said, minimum. Like absolutely minimum is 12 months? There’s absolutely nothing I can do with that?? Thankfully I work in the city I live so public transport is good even though it’s not my first choice, I can even get a scooter.

It says it’s on my lisence for 11 years. Is that how long I have to keep telling the insurers?

I know it’s illegal but have I got no defence saying that I am a regular user?
me and my friends always said our blood is 50% thc with the amount we smoke so I’m confident that I’ll fail the blood test. Is there no rehab course I can pay for to keep clean and show them I don’t deserve the 12 month ban?

I’m sorry if I’m talking gibberish but it happened really recently so my anxiety amd worry is still pretty high

So you think that telling them this wasn’t a one off, or a silly mistake, will result in the magistrates deciding to not ban you....
Please don’t message on here while smoking a joint..... I think if you read this again in the morning you will realise the answer to your own question!
The minimum ban is 12 months, there is no way you can reduce this, and not sure what you mean by a ‘scooter’? If it has an engine then you cannot ride one, the ban will be for all motor vehicles. Your only legal option is a electric bike, one that conforms to the Electrically assisted pedal cycle regulations.

me and my friends always said our blood is 50% thc with the amount we smoke so I’m confident that I’ll fail the blood test. Is there no rehab course I can pay for to keep clean and show them I don’t deserve the 12 month ban?

I’m sorry if I’m talking gibberish but it happened really recently so my anxiety amd worry is still pretty high
Hi buddy,your not talking gribberish,it's a very testing time,minimum 12 month ban.dont tell the court your a regular user and don't tell anybody that does not need to know abou this.it stays on your licence for 4 years you have to declare it to the insurance for 5 years and it stays on you driving record for 11 years.

So you think that telling them this wasn’t a one off, or a silly mistake, will result in the magistrates deciding to not ban you....
Please don’t message on here while smoking a joint..... I think if you read this again in the morning you will realise the answer to your own question!
The minimum ban is 12 months, there is no way you can reduce this, and not sure what you mean by a ‘scooter’? If it has an engine then you cannot ride one, the ban will be for all motor vehicles. Your only legal option is a electric bike, one that conforms to the Electrically assisted pedal cycle regulations.

No. I’m not insisting that and like I said, I haven’t touched it since. What I meant was there’s frequent users out there where they could not have smoked one for a much longer time from when they got drug swabbed than let’s say somebody which smoked for their first time in the morning, like my case, and still have a higher result than the first time user.
With the ban. I’m just hoping. That’s all.
with the scooter it’ll be one of the pushable electric ones. I live in the city, there’s thousands.

Thanks again for your help.
Hopefully this makes more sense than your assumption previously

The court will not be interested in how often you smoke it, unless you raise the subject with them.
I would think that most people just say (if they have away sense) ‘this is so out of character for me”
The only think they will be interested in is that you were over the (very low) threshold for the limit of a drug that is illegal.
For drug driving, a person might get sympathy when they say they went to a party, drank lots (which is legal) then didn’t drive till tea time the next day and believed they had left plenty of time before driving.
You will not get any credit if you say “I got stoned and drove 30 hours later” because you were doing something illegal in the first place, Best to keep the response to the court that you are very sorry, not say “Next time I will leave plenty of time after a joint before I drive! Dress smart and get a couple of written references to hand to the magistrates if you can from an employer and someone of standing in the community. (not family)

Hi buddy,your not talking gribberish,it's a very testing time,minimum 12 month ban.dont tell the court your a regular user and don't tell anybody that does not need to know abou this.it stays on your licence for 4 years you have to declare it to the insurance for 5 years and it stays on you driving record for 11 years.
Thanks for understanding. That answers a lot, I just read that saying you use it for medicinal purposes it can help on court. Thankfully the industry I work in they don’t really mind. With the ban I’m settled it’s 12 months and I can’t do anything. With the insurance then it’s as normal, once it’s back. I just have to declare it for 4 years with a higher premium. And if I’m right, then the record side of it means if I get caught again with dui in 11 years then it’s a much higher disqualification next time? Thanks again

If ou are caught drug driving again within 10 years then you are likely to get a longer ban but the 3 year minimum rule for a second drink driving does not apply to drug driving so they are not tied to that minimum.
you are right that after a 12 month ban you have to declare it for the following 4 years as the 5 year disclosure bit is from the date of conviction. You will find that you may find it quite expensive in the first year but it will reduce back on each of the following years.

Hi guys, this isn’t my 1st choice of social media platform but since I’m here I thought I’ll let everybody know what’s going on with my story.

There is still no update from anybody about my case. I am still waiting for my blood test results to come back.

I have a NEW QUESTION too.
I tried typing in my license number online to sign up for a speed awareness course and it’s coming up as it doesn’t read my license.

is this linked? Do the police freeze your license so you have to contact them? And they’ll probably **** you over even more?

The police do not, and in fact cannot,’ freeze’ your licencewhat stage are you at? Are you completing stuff on the Safety camera partnership site to say you want the option of the course they have offered, or have you confirmed acceptance of doing a course and you are trying to actually book a course with a
Speed awareness course provider?

The police do not, and in fact cannot,’ freeze’ your licencewhat stage are you at? Are you completing stuff on the Safety camera partnership site to say you want the option of the course they have offered, or have you confirmed acceptance of doing a course and you are trying to actually book a course with a
Speed awareness course provider?
I have took acceptance and now just confirming a date amd time for the course to be taken. I have gone on the dvla website and put my number in there and it came up as full lisence

I have took acceptance and now just confirming a date amd time for the course to be taken. I have gone on the dvla website and put my number in there and it came up as full lo
I have took acceptance and now just confirming a date amd time for the course to be taken. I have gone on the dvla website and put my number in there and it came up as full lisence
*pressed post accidentally* ... license with it all being in check as normal. 0 points which is good to always see too. So I could’ve just made a typo multiple times. Just to clarify, are other police officers able to check me being “under investigation” if ever pulled? When they ask “are you known to the police”, do I need to say yes? Or due to it still being under investigation, do they not know anything about it?

The course is not run by the police, so they have nothing to do with indicating that your licence number is incorrect.
try contacting the provider, explain about the licence problem to see if they will book you on over the phone.

hi people. Just finished my court today.
I received a 12 month ban
Around £400 court fees
And for the possession due to 2 prior warning I received a conditional discharge for 12 months.

On the papers they were going to think about giving me a curfew but due to my work in hospitality this meant I would’ve lost my job so obviously that didn’t even get mentioned by the judge.

thanks to everyone giving me advice.
and to the people that were just giving me negative feedback you can suck my ...

hi people. Just finished my court today.
I received a 12 month ban
Around £400 court fees
And for the possession due to 2 prior warning I received a conditional discharge for 12 months.

On the papers they were going to think about giving me a curfew but due to my work in hospitality this meant I would’ve lost my job so obviously that didn’t even get mentioned by the judge.

thanks to everyone giving me advice.
and to the people that were just giving me negative feedback you can suck my ...
what was your blood level in the end?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off