Drug driving. 18 years old. PLEASE HELP!

Convicted Driver Insurance
Unless you have moved house, there is NDA re the drug driving as the police have to lay the information to raise a summons within 6 months, which might take 3-4 weeks To be served.
If you smoke a
Joint and drive 4 hours later you are certain to be over the limit on the blood test, it is detectable for up to 24 hours at the low Level that puts you over.
Spoke to my solicitor today, he stated that police have 6 months to either give FPN or court proceedings, it's been 9 months. He said I'm safe. I guess it's different for everyone but i smoked and about 4 hours later got drug tested, came back positive on roadside but havent heard anything from blood test.

Spoke to my solicitor today, he stated that police have 6 months to either give FPN or court proceedings, it's been 9 months. He said I'm safe. I guess it's different for everyone but i smoked and about 4 hours later got drug tested, came back positive on roadside but havent heard anything from blood test.
Also, I haven't moved house, been banned before for the same thing which only took around 3 months to get court letter.

Unless you have moved house, there is NDA re the drug driving as the police have to lay the information to raise a summons within 6 months, which might take 3-4 weeks To be served.
If you smoke a
Joint and drive 4 hours later you are certain to be over the limit on the blood test, it is detectable for up to 24 hours at the low Level that puts you over.
Hi same happened to my son failed swab test was taken for blood sample and has heard nothing since that was a year ago now is it possible he won't be charged now I'm also worried he will lose his job if he does?

Hi same happened to my son failed swab test was taken for blood sample and has heard nothing since that was a year ago now is it possible he won't be charged now I'm also worried he will lose his job if he does?
Same as the previous reply. If more than 7 months have passed then there is no action that can be taken, unless he has moved and the summons could not have been served.

Thanks for that no we are still in same address hopefully won't hear anything else 🙏
I've just actually saw your other post Scotland has extended the time allowed to commence proceedings from 6 months to 12 months sadly we are Scotland so looks like he may still be charged ,😢

Sorry, didn’t realise you are in Scotland. Yes, they have a huge backlog and have extended the time as you say.

Hiya mate. The same happened to me a few months ago and I am currently awaiting my results.

What was your outcome ?
Hi mate,

Received a letter yesterday to say that my chrages have been dropped due to lac of evidence. As i was slready at the side of the road i pleaded not guilty to DRIVING under the influence.

Reactions: TPR
Hi,

Hi mate,

Received a letter yesterday to say that my chrages have been dropped due to lac of evidence. As i was slready at the side of the road i pleaded not guilty to DRIVING under the influence.
Hi,

You have been lucky, use it as a massive lesson. And try to discourage anyone that drives while still having anything in thier system that can cause a Drink driving offence or a Drug driving offence, because they may end up in the "Same boat" as you were.

Be safe.

Stu

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off