DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
The DVLA have my medical results and are just sending a questionnaire to my GP first
Give it a week or so then chase your GP. They have up to 6 weeks to reply, at the moment many GP's not seeing this as a priority so putting to bottom of pile. If you don't chase, GP could take 6 weeks and then DVLA take eternity. Once GP returned, give DVLA 1 week then chase them every day on the phone at 8am and 5pm. You WILL get fobbed off, just persevere and keep pushing.

Give it a week or so then chase your GP. They have up to 6 weeks to reply, at the moment many GP's not seeing this as a priority so putting to bottom of pile. If you don't chase, GP could take 6 weeks and then DVLA take eternity. Once GP returned, give DVLA 1 week then chase them every day on the phone at 8am and 5pm. You WILL get fobbed off, just persevere and keep pushing.
Thank you

Hey guys, couple of questions if you don't mind?
I sent my application off last week, how long does it usually take to get a response?
And also, I know one of the questions you are asked is about wether you have had an accident in the last three years due to alcohol. I crashed while over the limit, but can answer no to the rest of the questions, will they not give me my license back because of this? Providing I pass the CDT test which I'm positive I will anyway.

Cheers
Update: it's been three weeks since I sent my application off, I still haven't heard anything back so I checked to make sure my check has been cashed (it has) and tried ringing the DVLA this morning for an update. I couldn't get through to a person to speak to but the recorded message informed me it's now taking them 6-8 weeks to process applications!😭 Another 3-5 weeks just for them to tell me I can try and get an appointment for my medical! I was really hoping to have booked it by now.
Anyway, just so everyone knows, it's now taking even longer for them to process applications 😩.

Update: it's been three weeks since I sent my application off, I still haven't heard anything back so I checked to make sure my check has been cashed (it has) and tried ringing the DVLA this morning for an update. I couldn't get through to a person to speak to but the recorded message informed me it's now taking them 6-8 weeks to process applications!😭 Another 3-5 weeks just for them to tell me I can try and get an appointment for my medical! I was really hoping to have booked it by now.
Anyway, just so everyone knows, it's now taking even longer for them to process applications 😩.
not wanting to be the bearer of bad news but it took me 4 weeks to get a medical letter 6 weeks to wait for that medical which was on the 5th of December, since then i have not heard any thing at all.
I called friday and was told they have all the information but no one had even looked at my case yet.

not wanting to be the bearer of bad news but it took me 4 weeks to get a medical letter 6 weeks to wait for that medical which was on the 5th of December, since then i have not heard any thing at all.
I called friday and was told they have all the information but no one had even looked at my case yet.
Hi, I’m just wondering did they write to your gp for more info do you know?

I have had my medical. Just waiting for DVLA to send questionnaire to my GP. I keep calling both but not sorted yet. Got a letter saying it can take 4 weeks. I know it's not the doctors priority but it's frustrating

Update: my medical was on the 05/01/2021 it was reviewed yesterday in order of when it was received. They have chosen to write to my GP so even more delay before a decision. I have a history of dependency but have now not touched a drop in a year so we shall see what they say.

I have had my medical. Just waiting for DVLA to send questionnaire to my GP. I keep calling both but not sorted yet. Got a letter saying it can take 4 weeks. I know it's not the doctors priority but it's frustrating

My GP called me last Thursday to go through the questionnaire. I keep ringing DVLA every other day to see if they have the GP's form back but banging my head against a brick wall at the moment.

I had my GP go through my questionnaire on the Tuesday evening, he posted it on the Wednesday, I rang DVLA everyday since and my licence was issued 9 days later. Keep pestering them!

Hi all, new member here.

I'll just be Frank, got caught when I was 18 (now 29) I got caught once for fail to provide in march 3 years ago and again for dr10 in June 21st which was the convicted date. So I'm due my licence back June 21st but I know I'm a hro. I'm counting down the days to 90 days before which is less than a month away. How does it work with medicals and the like in this time? I can't find a definitive answer on here but I see about crt tests etc? I assume on the 90th day I'll get the letter from dvla which I send back then I'll expect a medical? Now covid restrictions are easing (apparently) are more medicals being processed? And I see it needs to be 2-4weeks clean from no drinking? I don't smoke cannabis anymore and havent for a 2 weeks. Just looking for a guide if possible what I need to do as best advice I've seen is here. Many thanks!

Hi all, new member here.

I'll just be Frank, got caught when I was 18 (now 29) I got caught once for fail to provide in march 3 years ago and again for dr10 in June 21st which was the convicted date. So I'm due my licence back June 21st but I know I'm a hro. I'm counting down the days to 90 days before which is less than a month away. How does it work with medicals and the like in this time? I can't find a definitive answer on here but I see about crt tests etc? I assume on the 90th day I'll get the letter from dvla which I send back then I'll expect a medical? Now covid restrictions are easing (apparently) are more medicals being processed? And I see it needs to be 2-4weeks clean from no drinking? I don't smoke cannabis anymore and havent for a 2 weeks. Just looking for a guide if possible what I need to do as best advice I've seen is here. Many thanks!
Hi Monty, welcome!!! I'll give you simple advice fella stop drinking for as long as you can prior to medical and same for smoking cannabis and you should pass fine. My medical was due March 2020 so I stopped drinking first week of January, medical didn't happen until 30th September so I did 9 months dry and returned a 0.7 CDT .
It's quite simple, the longer you can go without booze and cannabis prior to medical the better. My drink drive course advised 6-8 weeks no booze prior to medical.
Don't rely on DVLA sending you paperwork through on time with Covid, you can always go to post office and get a D1 form and send it off on your own accord when 90 day timeframe come into play. You may well still find there's a backlog of folk waiting for medicals as well. Hope that helps a bit

Sent my application off yesterday so bit of a relief even knowing it can takes weeks and weeks to get an appointment. Over a year having bloods and liver scan done to get the GP to ok to apply so a few more weeks seems positive in some ways.

Sent my application off yesterday so bit of a relief even knowing it can takes weeks and weeks to get an appointment. Over a year having bloods and liver scan done to get the GP to ok to apply so a few more weeks seems positive in some ways.
Good! At least it's one thing ticked off the list and the start of the road to literally getting you back on the road mate!

Hi I am due to take my medical on the 23rd of march,I have not had any drink at all in about 7 months,I do have a history of drinking back in 2015 and in 2019 with the doctor although not dependency,would I be best being honest about the past or should I just play daft to that and stick to not drinking at all until and after I have my medical?any advice or information would be gratefully appreciated.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off